Hadrian Park

Marsh House Avenue, Billingham TS23 3DF

Hadrian Park offers residential and residential dementia care for older people as well as older people with learning disabilities. Short-term respite care and daycare is also provided.

Close to everything Billingham’s town centre, Hadrian Park has become a busy part of the local community.

All of the home’s 73 rooms have en-suite facilities, comfortable, adjustable beds, stylish furniture, telephone and a 24-hour nurse call system.

Some ground floor rooms have patio doors leading directly onto a courtyard garden. In the warmer months, the home’s gardens are a lovely spot for a stroll, watching the birds, doing a bit of gardening, or to just sit and relax and enjoy a cup of tea.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Marsha Tuffin (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 74 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Hadrian Park: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Hadrian Park is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Hadrian Park in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.668 for Hadrian Park is calculated as follows: ( (143 Excellents x 5) + (53 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 202 Ratings = 4.668

The 4.473 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Hadrian Park is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.8 positive Reviews (74 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 14.8 Target = 0.473

9.1 Hadrian Park has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.141) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Hadrian Park?

Reviewer Connection to Hadrian Park

• Widow / Widower

I never wanted my husband ever to go into a care home but due to my ill health, I had no choice. Hadrian Park was like a family home to him. The care and attention he received was way beyond my expectations. The carers were just that - carers. Everyone was treated equally, as you would a family member.
I will never forget their kindness to both me and my husband.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

My father came to Hadrian Park mid-December 2017. My sister and myself were so upset and devastated to have to put him in a home. We felt we were letting him down, however, since being here, dad has gone from strength to strength. He has settled in great. The staff are fantastic, second to none and the care he is receiving is first class. My sister and myself have complete peace of mind knowing he is in such good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

I cannot fault the care I have been given the whole time I have been a resident in Hadrian Park. The management and staff have been most caring and attentive, helpful and considerate.
Definitely, I give them full marks.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

I found Hadrian Park to be a spacious, airy, clean care home with pleasant staff both carers and office staff, all who are willing to help with any queries. Mums bedroom is lovely and clean and has matching furniture.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

The home is very friendly, helpful and well maintained. Staff are excellent, great with residents and I would definitely recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

I would like to highly commend the management and staff, cleaners, carers, chef, maintenance man and entertainment staff for the wonderful care given to my mum during the time she was in Hadrian Park.
Mums stay with them was short (only 7months) but she loved the place and was constantly stimulated with all the different activities going on.
Mum sadly passed away last week, but the love and care she was shown by all the above was priceless.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

I am more than happy with Hadrian Park it has been the hardest and most heartbreaking decision I have had to make to put my mum in a care home but the management have gone out of their way to make the process easier on me and supported me on this journey I am so grateful for all the carers support with my mam I know I made the right decision for my mam and myself because I know she is happy safe and well cared for in Hadrian Park.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

Arrived at the home directly from hospital very apprehensive. Since the nice warm welcome, I have settled in very easily. Very relaxing atmosphere, services from food, day to day needs excellent. Bedroom immaculate with plenty of space for my large amount of clothes, which are washed and ironed in a short turn around. From all levels of staff a superb helping attitude to work, which makes the home a lovely place to stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

Very welcoming home, I am in most days and find the staff friendly and helpful. It is good to have peace of mind that my father is in good hands when I am not there.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

Very happy with my mother's care. All staff, not just nursing, are so lovely with my mum. Nothing is too much trouble, even when it is busy, they never make us feel we are bothering them. The food is excellent and when my mum had swallowing problems, they catered well for this.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

I class Hadrian Park as my personal home. I really love this place and do class it as my home. I couldn't be happier.
The staff are really great and I don't think I would get a better home anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

My Mam has been in the above care home for two years now and as her health has deteriorated she has needed intensive care. The girls that look after her are the nicest most caring people I could ever know. They are so patient and lovely. Nothing is a trouble to them and the affection they show to all of the people who reside there is fantastic. If I didn't know the cleaners were cleaners by their different uniforms I wouldn't know they were carers as they are equally lovely and caring. I will always be grateful to the staff there for the loving way they always do the best for my Mam. They are wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

Experience started with my dad on Chesters where the staff have been fantastic in difficult circumstances. Very helpful in getting this room personalised and we love being able to take him to the Chesters Pub. Delighted extra activities coordinator focussing on Chester residents has been appointed. Only one disappointment to report- the loss of male carer who was brilliant with dad. The new carer now building a relationship with dad but would be nice to have male carer each shift. Extremely pleased two staff members have been promoted as they create a very friendly, caring and professional environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

The staff are very friendly. The food is good. The only complaint I have, it is put on a cold plate. Treated with dignity by all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

Samantha Debenham, Marketing Support Administrator at Hadrian Park responded to this review on 22 Sep 2016:

We’re grateful for your feedback and are delighted with the positive comments and scores for the care and support we provide. We would also like to thank you for the constructive feedback. We recognised the need to review our serving methods and we have since improved the plate warming process. We hope you will see an improvement when you next visit.

Mum was brought in for respite in June 2016- she has not improved healthwise so is still temporary. Staff are friendly, reassuring, understanding, not only to mum but her family. Nothing is too much trouble, staff are like a second family, giving hugs and time to listen and console, during a difficult time. Staff and management are always on hand for advice. Mum complains food is sometimes not to her liking, but....she has gained weight!! Mum loves the activities and the outings to local pubs for food and drink :)

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Extremely Likely

We’re grateful for your feedback and are delighted with the positive comments and scores for the care and support we provide. We would also like to thank you for the constructive feedback. Our head chef has now reviewed your mother’s food preferences recorded on her care plan and improved the food offering to better meet her needs. We hope you will see an improvement when you next visit.

The big big let down in this home is the food, in quality and is always cold. Many many complaints have not improved here, for £700 a week it is not good enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Hadrian Park? Likely

We’re grateful for your feedback and are delighted with the positive scores for the care and support we provide. We would also like to thank you for the constructive feedback. We now have a new chef in place at Hadrian Park and we have reviewed and redeveloped the food offering to suit the preferences and needs of the residents. We hope you will see an improvement when you next visit but please do let us know if you have any further concerns and the home manager would be happy to meet with you.

I would like to thank the activities team for making my mother's time at Hadrian Park so lovely and taking her on all the trips out and the entertainment they provide. Thank you girls.

Submit a Review for Hadrian Park

December 2017

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hadrian Park