Kincaid House

Oakfield Terrace, Greenock PA15 2AH

Kincaid House is located within one of the finest locations in Inverclyde, with stunning views of the river Clyde and the mountains beyond.

The home was completed in January 2009 and the state-of-the-art residence exceeds all current care standards.

Accommodation comprises single-occupancy rooms, all with full en-suite showering facilities.

Although Kincaid House is a larger home, it is divided into three smaller units. All of these have an informal, warm and welcoming atmosphere. It even has a dedicated unit for people living with dementia.

Care packages are tailored to the individual to meet their own particular needs, and families are involved in decision making.

Group: Meallmore Ltd

Person in charge: Barbara Lawson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Inverclyde Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 90 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Private and Local Authority. Ages from 65 to 110.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Romanian

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £945 – £1019 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Kincaid House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

We are a able to advise about applying for Free Personal Care and Nursing Rates.
Some Local Authorities are able to support residents with their fees and this should be discussed with their Social worker as a financial assessment would be required.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Kincaid House is in Greenock, off Ratho Street. The home is accessed by entering Oakfield Terrace.

The home welcome visits from families and friends. The home welcomes visits from pets, such as dogs. All visitors need to sign in for Fire Safety.

Their is parking at the front of the building.

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Kincaid House: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Kincaid House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Kincaid House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.843 for Kincaid House is calculated as follows: ( (152 Excellents x 5) + (24 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 178 Ratings = 4.843

The 4.833 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Kincaid House is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 18 positive Reviews (90 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 18 Target = 0.833

9.7 Kincaid House has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.676) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Kincaid House?

Reviewer Connection to Kincaid House

Lovely home and staff who genuinely care about their residents. Had a great time today at the vintage tea party for residents and family followed by the amazing silent disco which residents staff and family all enjoyed smiling faces all around. So well organised by all the staff involved and a real boost for residents. Well done everyone involved in both events.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Kincaid House, Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 14 May 2018:

Thanks for the review. The Open day was a big success and glad you enjoyed it.

The staff and management cannot do enough for my dad. He is treated lovingly and with respect and dignity at all times. Family are kept up to date when he is ill. Phone calls and face to face updates are given. I would urge any family who are looking at care homes for their family to look no further than Kincaid House where the care is first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Kincaid House, Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 09 May 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your kind words and I will share your feedback with the team.

Kincaid House provided my mother with wonderful care. Staff went out of their way to get to know her likes and dislikes and interact with her accordingly. The home is welcoming and does not feel like a care facility. From management to the housekeeping staff, everyone was kind and friendly and I always felt comfortable visiting. Despite my relatives demanding condition, she was always treated with respect and care. Cannot recommend Kincaid House enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Barbara Lawson, Home Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 04 Apr 2018:

Thank you for the excellent review and appreciate your comments.

My Dad, sister and I have found the care given to my Dad has been first rate. Staff are always willing to listen to any concerns we have and provide excellent care to my Dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Donna Conlon, Deputy Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 22 Mar 2018:

Thank you very much for your kind words. We have enjoyed caring for your father.

My mother is a longtime resident of Kincaid House and the care she receives is outstanding. The nursing/care staff are professional and dedicated. She is treated lovingly by the staff and all her needs are met.
The nursing staff keep me well informed of my mother's condition and I feel comfortable and have peace of mind she is being cared for in a very safe environment.
The manager always strives to have the best practices in place to ensure the home is being run to exacting standards. My mother will have been a resident for 9 years in March 2018.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Barbara Lawson, Home Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 06 Mar 2018:

We enjoy having your Mum here and value your involvement in the home. I am pleased your experiences are so positive and we do work to ensuring standards are linked to best practice. Thank you for taking the time to review us.

My husbands's physical condition has much improved since he came to live here. The staff have all been very welcoming and my husband settled quite quickly. I am made to feel like a member of an extended family when I go in and nothing seems a bother or a problem to the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

As a retired nurse, I am most impressed with the care and facilities of the home. The staff are always attentive and friendly - our friend seems to have settled in pretty well. It is lovely to know that the spiritual impact from various churches is available which is very important to our friend.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Barbara Lawson, Home Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 11 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review. We have a number of different faith groups visiting the Home and are delighted that these are having benefit to those keen to explore their faiths.

Staff at Kincaid fully involve family and service users within the review. They are respectful and open to family/service users' ideas and views and put them into practice as far as they are able to.

Staff within all parts of the care home are very friendly and relate well to my aunt and also to their family. All people and dogs are made welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Barbara Lawson, Home Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 10 Jan 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to review us, much appreciated. We are glad you are all made welcome, this is important to us and that you are fully involved in all aspects of her care.

I am very pleased with this home as they take on board any complaints or requests which are raised. There are meetings every month whereby we get updates on any changes that will be taking place.
Staff are always cheery and very helpful. My wife is bedridden now but seems content in her room with her family pictures etc.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Barbara Lawson, Home Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 04 Jan 2018:

Thank you for the review, we always try to take on board what people say and appreciate you acknowledging this in your review. We value your input into all we do throughout the year and enjoy working together to make things better for our residents.

My father has been in the care of Kincaid House for two years.

The dementia nursing expertise in Waverley is impressive and the overall environment promotes empathy, trust and excellent care. The care and support that dad receives there is very much person-centred, dad is treated with respect and dignity, his needs are very well understood.

As a family, we have really appreciated the progressive and inclusive attitude to care at Kincaid House. The staff help us to feel part of dad’s support team and their communication is excellent; from the regular relatives’ meetings to the day-to-day approachability and friendliness of all the staff, we are always made to feel welcome.

Thanks to all the team at Kincaid House.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Barbara Lawson, Home Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 13 Oct 2017:

Thank you for sharing your experiences and am glad you feel so welcome in the home. This is important to us.

My mother is currently a resident in Waverly Unit. As a family, we are very happy with the care and attention she receives. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and it is heartening to see regular activities going on with residents regardless of their ability to engage. The unit affords space for residents to wander as they please (important for my mum who is very confused but likes to walk) and flexibility as to where they take their meals. We feel reassured that she is cared for and is safe. The staff keep us up to date with any problems and overall do a sterling job. Thank You!

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Barbara Lawson, Home Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 06 Oct 2017:

We are delighted with your review and thank you for taking the time to submit it. We will pass on your comments to our staff and we do agree that they do "a sterling job"!

I am extremely happy with the standards, care and attention which my mother has been receiving in Kincaid House for over a year now.

The building is relaxed, modern, bright and well maintained. The staff are pleasant, caring and attentive. Management is always on hand to answer questions or for me to impart information concerning my mother.

They have been proactive on occasion - actually noticing when intervention has been necessary and for that, I am extremely grateful. Regular reviews with our family always take place. I am absolutely satisfied that my mum's well-being and security is in excellent hands.

A huge thanks to all at Kincaid House, Greenock.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Thank you for this review. It is great to hear your views and that you are so happy with the care being provided.

My mother has been a resident at Kincaid House since September 2015. I can honestly say that my mother loves the staff and her ‘wee room’ as she calls it. She is extremely comfortable and receives first class care. All of this care gives my family a great piece of mind to see mum as happy. The interaction with the staff and mum is fun to watch and listen to. They go out their way to keep mum and all residents as busy and as active as possible. Given that mum is fast approaching 97!

Kincaid House nursing home receives top marks from myself, my family, but most importantly, my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Barbara Lawson, Home Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 04 Oct 2017:

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this review. Your Mum amazes me and continues to bring good fun and humour to our day!

My late mother has been a resident in Kincaid House since October 2012. She died in their loving care on 19th September this year on her 90th birthday.

The care she received over these years was excellent in every way. She was unsettled at first but quickly became comfortable and contented. She suffered from dementia and paranoia and the staff were always kind to her. Her room was always clean, warm and comfortable. An excellent care home!

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

Barbara Lawson, Home Manager at Kincaid House responded to this review on 03 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your review, especially at this sad and difficult time. It was a pleasure to have your Mum at Kincaid House for all these years. She was great fun, loved company and had many a laugh with the staff over the years! She is missed by all!

I cannot rate the care provided to my mum highly enough. The staff were so sensitive, caring and responsive, whilst ensuring dignity was preserved at all times. But more than that, they cared about every member of the family, always taking time to make sure that everyone was alright. We may only have been here a short time, but they made the experience of reaching the end of the road as supported and easy at it is possible. I cannot thank them enough for caring the way they do.

How likely would you be to recommend Kincaid House? Extremely Likely

It was a pleasure to be able to provide care for your mum over this time and we are reassured that your experiences were so positive. Providing care at this time is vitally important to us and we enjoyed spending with you all and getting to know her.

Submit a Review for Kincaid House

August 2017

June 2017

NACC Care Chef of the Year 2017

Recipient: Meallmore Ltd

Date: Wednesday 07 Jun 2017

October 2015

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kincaid House