Jordanhill House

533 Anniesland Road, Jordanhill, Glasgow G13 1TP

Jordanhill House, in Glasgow, is a homely and pleasant accommodation ideal for a numerous old age related care needs, including for dementia and other sensory impairments.

Residents and their families can enjoy the peace of mind that having skilled and efficient carers on hand around the clock can offer, at the same time as benefitting from an environment that promotes personal interests and a good social atmosphere.

Group: Foxcare Ltd

Person in charge: Donna Conlon (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Glasgow City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 39 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Jordanhill House: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Jordanhill House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 29 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Jordanhill House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.786 for Jordanhill House is calculated as follows: ( (278 Excellents x 5) + (62 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 346 Ratings = 4.786

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Jordanhill House is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.8 positive Reviews (39 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 7.8 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Jordanhill House has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.786) from 29 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Jordanhill House?

Reviewer Connection to Jordanhill House

Despite having said in the past that he would "never go into a care home" my father age 95 settled in immediately and was very happy there. Furthermore, we, the family were reassured that he was very well cared for 24/7

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

We have been extremely happy with our relative's care in Jordanhill. The staff in general are extremely helpful and caring. As our relative has a dietary problem the chef takes care of this. We provide gluten-free products to ensure his requirements are met. In general, the care is very consistent.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

My aunt has stayed here for a year. She settled very quickly and was shown a warm welcome, sensitivity and compassion by all levels of staff.
She continues to thrive and I have often been impressed by the home's understanding and empathy.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Staff really know mum. Know her likes and dislikes and how she likes to be treated. It's reassuring to see how she is treated as a person in her own right and not just a resident with dementia. Lovely staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Jordanhill House is run and staffed by people who care. It is a joy for us as a family to see our loved ones so happy and content. It took us a while to find the right care home for my aunt and uncle but Jordanhill House ticked all the boxes and we would definitely recommend the care home to other families looking for fantastic care for their family members.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Our family is very satisfied with the care given to our parent. The staff are very caring and attentive.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

I am very very happy that we came across Jordanhill House last summer for my mother. The staff are always very cheery and helpful and everyone from the manager right down never seem rushed! You can see they are always busy, but they just keep a relaxed atmosphere where nothing is too much effort.

The few things I have rated as less than excellent are really no criticism.

My mother has a fantastic room which is just ideal for her, but I have to say that the smaller en-suite ones in the back are - to my mind - pretty compact.

As regards cleanliness, my review is somewhere between Good and Excellent. I think some toilets are maybe a little more popular than others!

Finally, value-for-money. I am amazed at the quality of the whole experience, so you get what you pay for. But - boy! - it certainly adds up at the end of the year. Things are OK for my mum since she has a good pension after 40+ years working full-time in the NHS. But who's going to pay for me when it is my turn?

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Staff are incredibly attentive, understanding and accommodating. They create an atmosphere that is positive and orientated to solving problems. I was very impressed and find fault with nothing - highly recommended. Jordanhill House compares favourably with my experiences with care homes in Ontario, Canada.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

I find the staff to be extremely helpful and always there to answer any questions you might have.

I never have a problem getting in to see my friend and I am in about 5 times a week and nothing is a problem for the management or staff.

I would recommend this care home to anyone who needed one.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

The staff are so friendly and kind.

My mum has settled in brilliantly and has a new lease of life.

Rooms are spacious with everything you would need.

I would highly recommend Jordanhill House.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

My mum has now been staying at Jordanhill House for over three years now and has been well looked after during this time. The staff are very caring and always make time to ensure that my mum is OK.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

I have found the facilities and staff to be of a good standard. Staff are attentive to residents and visitors.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this home to others in a similar situation.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

I am extremely pleased with the care that my mother is receiving from all the staff at Jordanhill House. She is seeing out the rest of her life in a warm friendly setting where she is benefitting from all the care and attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

I had to use the facility as an emergency respite care for my mother. They were able to accommodate me immediately and meet the needs of my mother for her two-week stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

My brother was a resident in Jordalhill House from December 2015 until he died on Wednesday 22nd of February 2017.
I cannot speak highly enough in regards to the care that my brother received whilst a resident there. It was obvious from my visits how dedicated and caring your staff are, not only to my brother but to all the residents in your care. This is a testament to your manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The d├ęcor is bright. A variety of sitting areas. The residents looked happily and well cared for. My dad enjoys the meals and relates well with the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Excellent management and consequently very good staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

I am really happy, I don't think too much about it but I know I am happy here. I don't know anywhere else I would want to stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Mum has been a resident for some period of time now and enjoys the company and security of the home. She also feels well looked after by the staff who are always friendly and caring. The food is also very good. I would be happy to recommend Jordanhill House to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Our Father-in-Law has only been in the care home foe a few weeks. He is 101 and still has his faculties. Process of admission went well and was quicker than expected. He has settled very quickly. Staff are caring and seem lively, making a fuss of him which he loves. There have been a few initial errors but quickly sorted out. Awaiting a change of bed and
potentially room, but very comfortable at present.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Jordanhill House is a bright, welcoming place. I visit at various times and over two years have never heard an unkind word spoken to any resident. The staff are caring and at times very loving to the residents. There are outings to pantomimes, concerts etc.
The food served at meals is very good and always with jugs of fruit juice on tables. Tea, coffee and fruit juice with home baking are served mornings and afternoons, fresh fruit appears also to be available. Cleanliness comes very high on the list. Fresh flowers are plentiful. The person I care for constantly tells me she is well cared for. I can't think of a better place of care for my friend.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Staff appear to be friendly and whenever I've had any questions have answered them. My relative says she is happy living here. Although she doesn't always want to participate in activities she is encouraged to do so. Being at the Christmas party I could see the great relationship staff have with the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

My mum has been a resident for nine months. This is clearly a difficult time for any family. My mum has settled and they are warm and caring of her needs. They all treat staff and residents as an extended family which is the way it should be.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home, friendly caring staff. Vey happy for my mother to be here. Could not wish for a better standard of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Jordanhill is a care home which provides a caring, safe, happy, immaculate environment for my mother-in-law to live in, with staff who enjoy their job and treat her and her needs with utmost respect. They provide a care service that surpasses all her requirements.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

I like living here very much. The staff are very good. I go out for a walk with staff everyday it makes me feel great. The food is very good and chef always speaks to me daily to see what I fancy eating. I always get offered lots of tea before I even ask for it. It is a very clean place and well kept.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

The girls take care of me. The food is great and there is plenty of it. I like living here. I have a good sized bedroom and en-suite bathroom. My friends are always made welcome. I enjoy the activities. My favourite is a quiz.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

Consistently delighted by the care provided to my aunt and the consistent high standards of this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Jordanhill House? Extremely Likely

You can visit this home unannounced and you will always find exceptionally high standards of care. Always a warm welcome and every member of staff familiar to the needs of our Aunt. The home is expertly managed in every respect. Our Aunt is always well presented and cared for. This home has breathed back life and given compassionate support to our dear Aunt

Submit a Review for Jordanhill House

November 2012

Manager of the Year

Date: Wednesday 21 Nov 2012

September 2007

Scottish Care-'Carer of the Year'

Date: Tuesday 04 Sep 2007

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Jordanhill House