Barchester Lakeside Care Home

La Rue de la Commune, St Peter, Jersey JE3 7BN

Formerly the Mermaid Hotel with its own grounds and lake, Lakeside is situated in a quiet rural part of Jersey on a care home village alongside Lakeside Manor. The home boasts a large two-storey property on extensive grounds and all bedrooms have a large floor to ceiling window and a private balcony. They provide 24-hour nursing and residential care.

A team of highly-qualified and attentive staff focus on the individual needs of residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And their dedication can be seen across the board - in their cooking, hospitality and in organising activities for residents.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Rosie Goulding (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Jersey Social Services (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 66 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Down Syndrome • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Portuguese, Romanian, Thai

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

* States of Jersey Health and Social Services Department is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Jersey.

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Lakeside Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.3 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Lakeside Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.295 for Barchester Lakeside Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (57 Excellents x 5) + (56 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 129 Ratings = 4.295

The 4.682 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Lakeside Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.2 positive Reviews (66 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 13.2 Target = 0.682

9 Barchester Lakeside Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (8.977) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Lakeside Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Lakeside Care Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

1 or 2 carers can now be off hand or abrupt.
Most are very kind and caring.
Nurses very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Lakeside Care Home? Likely

My stay here has only been for 2 months and I am being well looked after. The room is very clean. Staff are top rate, very kind. Food is OK.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Lakeside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rosie Goulding, Village Manager at Barchester Lakeside Care Home responded to this review on 02 Mar 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. I am very pleased that you find the care and the staff to be excellent. I will ensure that they receive this feedback.
We like to provide a variety of activities based on residents' tastes and we offer an open door policy to adapt the programme to any suggestions received.
I am very grateful that you will be recommending us.

My husband has been at Lakeside Care Home for 2.5years. We are very happy with the care he is receiving and he appears to be in better form this year than when he first arrived.
This, I am sure is due to the excellent food and the kind care he is given.

I am very satisfied with the care my mother receives at Lakeside Care Home. She is cared for with dignity and respect, the staff are very helpful and friendly.

Rosie Goulding, Village Manager at Barchester Lakeside Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your kind comments and words of support. I will share them with the staff

I have only been a resident for a short time. I am very happy in Lakeside, so lucky to have been taken into such a lovely home. Lakeside is full of wonderful caring people, from staff to management. Nothing is a problem. Stress-free and chilled-out. The grounds that surround Lakeside are amazing, as is the wildlife. Thank you.

Rosie Goulding, Village Manager at Barchester Lakeside Care Home responded to this review on 22 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your kind words, it is much appreciated.

Delighted by my wife's care and would highly recommend.

Tracey Gentry, Home Manager/RGN at Barchester Lakeside Care Home responded to this review on 02 Jun 2017:

Thank you, Mr Skelley, we are really very happy that you feel this way.

The premises are very well kept, with wonderful grounds. The staff on the Lavender ward where my father stayed are attentive and have the knowledge and understanding to deal with all their clients. The food served is of a very good standard. We enjoyed our family meal and was better than we expected.
My father has now passed away, and the attention and care we were provided in his last hours were fantastic. The team treated my father and my family with dignity and kindness we could not have asked for more. Thank you and kind regards.

I have been well looked after since I became a resident at the home in April 2016. The food is good, the assistance I have received is good. Help if I need it is good. The staff are helpful.

We have found the staff at Lakeside to be very co-operative and available whenever you need to speak with them. Our aunt is very happy in their care and often says how kind the staff are to her. We are happy with the activities provided for her.

My father was transferred to Lakeside after having been placed at a non-specific residential home, after a prolonged period in hospital, following a nasty and recurring UTI. It was found that although my dad had been diagnosed with vascular dementia, that he would require more specific care. The staff at Lakeside not only facilitated a smooth transition, they also reassured my family with their knowledge and understanding of the condition, and candid and honest duel working approach that fits with our family values.

Absolutely gorgeous food. Could not be more accommodating to our needs and although our father was unwell (UTI) we were all content during our special time together - Easter meal. Dad is much happier and the care he receives is second to none.

Submit a Review for Barchester Lakeside Care Home

posted 09 Apr 2018

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

Rosie

Rosie Goulding

Job Title: Village Manager

Rosie Goulding
Village Manager
Welcome to Lakeside Care Home, my name is Rosie and I am the Village Manager of Lakeside Village.

I have worked at Lakeside Village for over 5 years as a Home Manager and I have been a registered nurse for over 20 years.

I enjoy nursing and in my choice of career, I have followed a family tradition; my grandmother, mother and sisters are all nurses as well.

I did my nurse training in Jersey and enjoyed a rich and diverse career on the island, which provided me with different opportunities in postgraduate nursing studies.

I am committed to being part of the island’s nursing workforce as a clinician and manager. I also encourage people with an interest in healthcare to follow their chosen career path. I am grateful to be part of a small, yet strong, island community. Jersey is beautiful and the friendliness of the islanders is boundless.

I am fortunate to work for Barchester; the company appreciates that a skilled and competent workforce provides the standards of care that lead the care sector.

Barchester provides opportunities for our staff to study and gain qualifications in their chosen profession.

My team is committed to providing safe and compassionate care. All of us have jobs that we enjoy and this is reflected in our care services provision.

Why not arrange a visit and see for yourself?

Philip

Philip Toomer-Smith

Job Title: Clinical Lead Nurse

Joined: 2015

I trained at Wolverhampton University and qualified as a nurse in 2009.

I have experience in medical, surgical and intensive care nursing and am responsible for the clinical standards at Lakeside Village, supporting the General Managers to maintain their care standards.

Barchester is supporting me to continue my postgraduate studies in Older People’s Nursing at Dundee University.

I love my job and I love working with older people! It's not just about studying and gaining professional qualifications; it’s about having fun with people and enabling them to enjoy themselves.

Sandra

Sandra Damiao

Job Title: Home Administrator

Joined: 2012

I have worked here at Lakeside 3 years and love the fact we are one big family!!

Alda

Alda Candelaria

Job Title: Village Trainer

It is my job to induct new starters at Lakeside and Lakeside Manor. I also work alongside all care staff to ensure good standards are maintained. Providing key training updates as necessary.

Bobby

Bobby Gallagher

Job Title: Activities Coordinator

My name is Bobby and I have the great privilege of working at Lakeside Care Home as the Activities Coordinator.

My job is fun and very rewarding – and I love it! I regularly invite musicians, artists, bell ringers, gardeners, chefs, and various other entertainers into the home to bring joy to the lives of residents who are living here.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Lakeside Care Home