Highbury New Park

127 Highbury New Park, Islington, London N5 2DS

Highbury New Park offers 53 en suite rooms for people who suffer from mental disorders, such as dementia, which many others benefitting from its skilled nursing techniques.

The home respects the privacy and independence of residents, with good wheelchair access and also functioning as a day care centre for members of the Highbury and Islington community who can enjoy meeting new people and taking part in social activities.

Higbury New Park has been purpose-built to provide an effective care setting, complete with its own quiet room, activities centre and hairdressing salon.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Lia Smochina (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Islington Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 53 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Highbury New Park: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Highbury New Park is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 13 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Highbury New Park in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.553 for Highbury New Park is calculated as follows: ( (94 Excellents x 5) + (49 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 152 Ratings = 4.553

The 4.566 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Highbury New Park is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.6 positive Reviews (53 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 10.6 Target = 0.566

9.1 Highbury New Park has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.119) from 13 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Highbury New Park?

Reviewer Connection to Highbury New Park

• Grandmother of Resident/Service User
  • Nephew of Resident/Service User

Staff are really good with the residents. What I have seen they cope with some aggressive residents and are very calm in the situation.

I'm pleased with the management in keeping me informed about my uncle.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Likely

I was very happy with the care my sister received. The staff are excellent and there are no words to explain how pleased I was and thank them all. She was well cared for, for 2 years in this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident in Highbury New Park care home for only four weeks.
She was very happy and loved the staff, they loved her she was a great character.
Mum passed away on Monday 30th October and although we were there at the home Sunday all afternoon she was very near end of life we left her peacefully.
The staff were so caring and attentive to her visitors there Monday afternoon, she passed away at 7.15pm with staff with her, they were fantastic.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Extremely Likely

My nan is happy, settled here, it's the best place she could ever be. There is always something going on, ice cream days, musical and theatre activities. I would even choose this care home for myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Extremely Likely

My mother has been here since May 2016 with Parkinson's and associated dementia. From the moment she went in we as a family were happy and relieved to know she was safe and been cared for and is happy and content. As the year has ended our expectations are exactly the same. The staff are amazing and the care and dignity shown is amazing! They include everyone in all aspects, birthdays, Easter, country days etc. We are delighted with the care our mother is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Extremely Likely

My wife spent the last four months of her life at Highbury New Park.
During this time my wife was well looked-after.
During the final days, my wife and I were treated with respect and dignity.
The staff were caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Likely

For the past few years, the resident has been at 127 HNP. She is bed bound and suffers from dementia.
In all this time, she has had no bed sores, is clean, well presented and obviously cared for well. When I visit 127 on a random basis, I always find the management team ready and willing to give me time and support.
The general presentation of 127 is good - it never smells and the atmosphere is calm and happy.
I would recommend this home and the care they give. Well managed and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Likely

What a joyful experience coming here can be. Today we are having tea (old fashioned) and cake...I did ask for Champagne, they said next week. Always cheerful, helpful and friendly, lots of activities and things going on. It feels like a big family. I'm considering putting my name down should I ever need it. (Fingers crossed no!!!)

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Extremely Likely

Highbury New Park care home is very inviting. When you walk through the door it is decorated in lovely colours and there are friendly faces to greet you.
There is a happy feel to the place and it is clean and tidy.
My mother gets on well with the carers, they are kind and caring.
They work very hard to keep the residents happy.
I think Highbury New Park is the best care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Extremely Likely

My mum is a resident in Highbury New Park. I find this home very caring and the carers work very hard with the elderly. They have so much patience. Sometimes the residents can get very demanding but they will try their best to help them. They also understand that my mother can be hard work at times due to Dementia/Alzheimer's illness but they always manage a smile. They also try to help you by saying don't worry she will be ok. Very reassuring so you can sleep at night. Don't know what myself and my sister would do without Highbury New Park (The Best).

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Extremely Likely

I hadn't seen Aunty for a while and was so happy to see her looking so well and happy. She looked so obviously well cared for, hair was newly washed and styled, clothes tidy and clean, much more alert and able to concentrate on the conversation. Everyone in the home so friendly, home inviting and welcoming. It really felt like Aunty's "home" and I could tell she was safe and secure with all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Extremely Likely

Made a visit to the home with my mother, having visited another home in Islington, having been very disappointed. Visiting this home was so welcoming the staff were friendly and were happy to show us around. We are now on the waiting list and are happy to wait to ensure our mother has the best care staying in her local area.

How likely would you be to recommend Highbury New Park? Extremely Likely

My mum has previously tried another care home and all she tried to do was escape and we ended up taking her back out after 5 days. Since she has moved into Highbury New Park care home she is a lot happier and always wants to go back when we go out.

Submit a Review for Highbury New Park

December 2017

November 2012

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Highbury New Park