The Pines Nursing Home, London, London

The Pines Nursing and Care Home is located in Wandsworth, London and provides residential and nursing care for up to 42 elderly residents including trial stays, short stay and convalescent care, as well as long-term care. The home is a beautiful period property and provides an oasis of tranquility in vibrant Putney.

CQC rated The Pines Nursing Home 'Good' in all categories in August 2017.

Located within close proximity to the heart of London, the home has excellent transport links for family and friends to visit.

Providing support for residents in a comfortable and tranquil environment, The Pines offers a variety of outdoor quiet areas through elegant and inviting grounds. The grounds offer a sense of peace and quiet to visitors and residents throughout the year. Corridors are bright and airy and the main lounge and dining areas are spacious and comfortable.

The head chef provides outstanding food, catering to a vast array of cultural and dietary requirements and the home aims to cultivate an attractive and restful environment for residents and visitors alike.

A diverse and varied activities provision created by an activities co-ordinator means every day is different for residents. Activities include trips to local attractions, regular entertainment and arts and crafts.

Care focuses on providing an atmosphere in which residents can enjoy a high quality of life based upon dignity, privacy and independence, where they can reflect on the past and confidently look forward to the future.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Pratheesh Nair (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Wandsworth Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Visitors welcome to The Pines at any time. To book a specific visiting time please contact the home directly.

The Pines provides ample off road parking in a large car parking area at the front of the building.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Pines Nursing Home: click here

posted 06 Feb 2018

Please call 0808 223 5542 or email enquiries@caringhomes.org for further information about current Bed Vacancies at The Pines.

7.6 The Pines Nursing Home has a Review Score of 7.6 (7.581)

The Review Score of 7.6 (maximum of 10) for The Pines Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.1 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Pines Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.131 for The Pines Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (33 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 84 Ratings = 4.131

The 3.45 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Pines Nursing Home is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 10 Target = 0.200

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Pines Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Pines Nursing Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User
  • Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

I was extremely anxious the day I walked into The Pines. My wonderful anut was going to die and could not come home, this was going to be where she would spend her last days.
Thank you to all at The Pines, you were gentle, compassionate, and gave her dignity and peace.
To our family, you gave us the peace of mind we craved. I can only give praise to you all.

How likely would you be to recommend The Pines Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are kind and caring and the food is very good. My mother's room is very pleasant with a lovely view. The home is very clean. My mother is not able to take part in the activities in the lounge.

How likely would you be to recommend The Pines Nursing Home? Likely

I find most (but not all) of the staff extremely pleasant and helpful and the home is very clean. However, there is often an unacceptably long delay when my mother rings the bell for assistance. Also, the building requires to be upgraded - My mother's room needs a fresh coat of paint and new curtains and her bathroom is not fit for purpose and appears to be used as a dumping ground for supplies. The gardens are not well maintained and indeed the footpaths are dangerous.

How likely would you be to recommend The Pines Nursing Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Value for Money: Poor

Pratheesh Nair, Home Manager at The Pines Nursing Home responded to this review on 23 Dec 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to review The Pines. We take great pride in ensuring we deliver high-quality care and facilities and appreciate your feedback.
Our home manager has been in touch with the reviewer to address her concerns and assured her that we are able to re-decorate the room in keeping with our residents' wishes. We have systems in place to ensure residents are not waiting a long time for assistance and constantly review our performance and seek feedback from all of our residents and families to ensure we are providing excellent standards of care.

My mother is well looked after in every respect. Although of severely limited capacities she appreciates regular attention and support provided in various aspects. Staff members are kind, attentive and knowledgeable. I and a few other visitors come regularly to see my mother and we are courteously received on each occasion. Communication is efficient between care home staff and me as the main representative. We appreciate the many and varied qualities of The Pines Care Home and its staff very much.

How likely would you be to recommend The Pines Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

After submitting our previous review concerning the passing of our Uncle we would like to say at his funeral two of the carers from The Pines attended which we were extremely pleased to see.
Despite not having a call from the manager personally we would like to say very many thanks for your show of support and caring attitude which is greatly appreciated by the whole family.

Safety / Security: Poor

My mother-in-law has been resident in The Pines for many years, during which of course many changes have occurred eg ownership, staff, different focus on treatment. However, the options stated below cover her current situation and only relate to the last few months. Essentially, we are comfortable with the services provided to her at this time.

Safety / Security: Poor

My husband is extremely happy at this care home. The staff treat the residents with care and attention. Very pleasant with the relatives and visitors. The home is clean and tidy with a lovely outlook.

Submit a Review for The Pines Nursing Home

December 2016

Pratheesh

Pratheesh Nair

Joined: 2016

I am a Nurse by profession and have been working in the care sector for 7 years in many different aspects, from a Health Care Assistant to a Registered Manager.

I lead my compassionate Care Team in delivering the highest level of residential and nursing care for up to 42 elderly residents. I ensure that the home maintains a stimulating and encouraging environment for our residents, whilst supporting all of our colleagues to provide expert quality care. I really enjoy being a Home Manager, caring for people and sharing knowledge with my valued colleagues.

A previous Nursing Home I managed was awarded the 15th best home in London by a carehome.co.uk public survey in 2015. I am immensely proud of this achievement and hope to bring my skills and knowledge to The Pines.

I had been looking for a new professional challenge and many of my contacts have recommended Caring Homes. They have a fantastic reputation with over 21 years’ experience in the industry and their exceptional standards of care really attracted me to the company.

I live in Croydon which is not too far from The Pines in Wandsworth, and in my spare time I enjoy playing cricket.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Pines Nursing Home