Ladyville Lodge Care Home

Fen Lane, North Ockendon, Upminster RM14 3PR

Ladyville Lodge Care Centre is a forty-four bedroom Upminster care home located in scenic surroundings that looks after a range of care and nursing needs, including cancer care.

The accommodation is owned by the UK's largest care provider, Four Seasons Health Care, giving carers access to a wide range of care expertise and industry knowledge.

The home respects service users with another first language than English and looks to provide all clients with a personalised service that respects the dignity of the individual.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Jane Maxwell (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Havering Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 44 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Russian, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ladyville Lodge Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.3 (maximum of 10) for Ladyville Lodge Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ladyville Lodge Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.488 for Ladyville Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (67 Excellents x 5) + (4 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) + (7 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 82 Ratings = 4.488

The 3.841 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ladyville Lodge Care Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 8.8 positive Reviews (44 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 8.8 Target = 0.341

8.3 Ladyville Lodge Care Home has a Review Score of 8.3 (8.329) from 7 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ladyville Lodge Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ladyville Lodge Care Home

Ladyville Lodge provided care for my mother since April 2017. The care was fantastic nothing was too much for anyone. The staff were brilliant and I had total peace of mind that mum was cared for to the highest standards. The hygiene was superb also the meals. The only reason mum left was I literally got her in a home opposite my house it saves me 80+ miles of travelling a week plus I get to see her for longer times. I would highly recommend Ladyville Lodge to anyone who wants someone they love to be looked after to the highest standards.
Thank you so much to all the staff, me and mum love and miss you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Ladyville Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Ladyville Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 28 Feb 2018:

Thank you, John, for your comments about your recent experience at Ladyville Lodge Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thank you once again for your kind words and for the recommendation.

My Mum came to Ladyville Lodge 2015. From day 1 she was treated with respect, kindness and very good care.
The staff were very welcoming and she settled in quickly. Any concerns or requests I have made have been dealt with immediately. The staff are very efficient and will always take time for each resident and their family.
My Mum's words "I like it here, please don't ever put me in a home". This sums up Ladyville, a home filled with love.

Ladyville Lodge Care Home is a wonderful place. My Husband was in another care home locally but I was unhappy with the care he was receiving.
We visited Ladyville Lodge and met the manager and the team, who immediately made us feel at home. The home had such a warm feel about it and staff were interacting so kindly with the residents.
My husband has not only received excellent care since being at Ladyville Lodge, but we have all become great friends.
I couldn't wish for my husband to be cared for any better. Myself and my family are over the moon with the care the staff provide my husband.
Thank you to all the wonderful staff at Ladyville Lodge. You simple are the best.

Thanks to this home my mother-in-law has found her way in life again, my mother-in-law became unwell earlier this year and was no longer able to live independently at home. My mother-in-law had very low self esteem following a long period in hospital.
Myself and my husband searched the whole of Upminster Romford and Grays to find a home for our loved one. After visiting many homes we came across Ladyville lodge, the minute we walked into this home we loved it and knew our mum would be very happy living in this home.
My mother-in-law has come on so well since being admitted into Ladyville she is living a life we never thought we would see her live again, the staff allow her to live independently but are always on hand to assist her when she needs it.
We couldn't rate this home any better it truly is an amazing place. Thank you Ladyville lodge for doing what you do best CARE.
I hope that if I ever have to go into a home I hope there is a place like Ladyville lodge for me.

This was the only care home that had vacancies, I was worried about the state of the place, mouse box in lobby. The downstairs rooms looked very nice. At the time we were told that an upstairs room was a temporary arrangement. The upstairs rooms are grim, the fixtures and fittings are tired and worn, window had warning written in marker pen that it was broken and not to be used. Told by staff that no pictures could be hung on the walls as the walls were too flimsy. Room so cramped that, when bed lowered, it hit the electric socket and knocked it out of wall. The nurses told me that a downstairs room was coming available and that I should contact the manager, I did so and was brusquely told that we would have to wait for years for a move - no view of the chickens and ducks for us! My relative only lasted a few weeks here, the staff all came down with a chest infection, I expressed my concern, my relative contracted pneumonia and died. The home didn't bother to offer their condolences.

How likely would you be to recommend Ladyville Lodge Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

Martin Murphy, Regional Manager at Ladyville Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 28 Mar 2016:

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to review Ladyville Lodge Care Home - we appreciate your comments and feedback. An investigation has previously been carried out, however, we will be happy to discuss any further concerns in more detail with you if you wish to do so. Please do not hesitate to contact us. Best wishes and thank you again for your comments.

My mother required palliative care and due to the age of my mother the choice was very limited, we had a choice of three however Ladyville Lodge was by far the best. When we visited the home before moving my mother, we found the place, welcoming, homely and clean which we were impressed by. My mum had a lovely room where she was able to see the garden. She was only at the home for a month but in that time she was cared for excellently and made as comfortable as possible. The staff were compassionate and caring especially on the day that she sadly passed away, they were also very supportive to relatives/friends who come to see her. As a family we would highly recommend. Thank you for all that you did for my mum.

I cannot recommend this nursing home enough. With their friendly nature from the very 1st day my wife arrived.

Manager was so understanding and took so much pressure off of me too concentrate on my wife. All the staff from the sisters, nurses, cleaners, kitchen staff and even maintenance staff were so friendly, happy attitude it made it a little easier at this difficult time which in turn made it feel more like home.

Down to earth caring people, not only for my wife, but for me also.

To trust another person to care for a love one is a very difficult thing to do. These people took that worry away but still not easy. From small things like favorite meals to hourly care, nothing was an issue or problem.

If I thought too me, there was a problem, I'd ask and I got told exactly how they were caring hourly, daily, etc and any future care planned ahead etc.

The single room my wife had looked out into the garden/patio area which is lovely. Unfortunately my wife could not get about to see the rest of the garden/out doors, but this open space looks across fields so a little peace of country side and not surrounded by other buildings.

This is a POSITIVE not a negative, even till the end the staff were with me and my family and still caring for my wife and me.

Thank you to the Manager and the many staff again and even now with your support. X

Submit a Review for Ladyville Lodge Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Ladyville Lodge Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ladyville Lodge Care Home