Parkside Care Home

Parkside Road, Reading RG30 2DP

Parkside House delivers care to the elderly to ensure each resident receives the care specific to their needs. This includes nursing care, convalescence, respite and palliative care.

With a lift for residents to get to each of the three floors, the home is spacious and has many comfortable areas to encourage socialising and personal interests.

Wi-Fi is available in the home and is used often by residents to communicate with relatives and friends.

The home is situated in a quiet residential area close to local amenities and bus routes. All bedrooms have ensuite facilities with a 24 hour call system, many with views of the surrounding gardens.

Parkside prides itself on the balanced and nutritious dishes that are served to residents at mealtimes. The meals, which are freshly prepared every day, are suited to each resident’s individual food preferences and choices.

Weekly clubs allow residents to get to know each other and remain active and engaged in hobbies that they are passionate about. Residents also have access to an onsite hairdresser and visiting mobile library.

Person in charge: Paul Vincent (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Reading Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 75 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Parkside Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 out of 10 for Parkside Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Parkside Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.493 for Parkside Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (132 Excellents x 5) + (72 Goods x 4) + (21 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 225 Ratings = 4.493

The 4.867 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Parkside Care Home is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15 positive Reviews (75 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 15 Target = 0.867

9.4 Parkside Care Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.360) out of 10 and an Average Rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Parkside Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Parkside Care Home

I do recommend Parkside to people.

It is a caring place, a fun place, an interesting environment.

Residents feel valued and cared for.

Visitors feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gabriella Mills, Customer Adviser at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 08 Aug 2018:

Thank you for your review of Parkside Care Home, we are pleased to hear that you would recommend this home to others. We appreciate your comments on the staff and glad you have had a positive experience here. We will share your review with the care home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The level of care and support provided by the staff was exceptional. The environment was friendly and always clean. Standards were high and food options suited her. The care staff were attentive and friendly and were always with our situation. The support medically was a great help as we were in no position to apply the meds needed.

The room as a sufficient size not too big or small and we were able to decorate as we would at home. It was also great to be able to bring pets in and the ground outside made for a nice view. I can't thank the staff so much for their support we had.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gabriella Mills, Customer Adviser at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 04 Jul 2018:

Thank you for the review of Parkside Care Home, we are pleased to hear that you are happy with the care your relative received while staying with us. We appreciate your comments on the staff and are glad to hear that you were well supported, we will share this with the care homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Visiting the home is always a pleasure as the staff give you a warm greeting. Residents get to choose their own meals for the next day and the food is good and well presented.
Staff are attentive and treat every resident with respect and interest. The home manager is very approachable if you want to discuss a problem or you need clarification. The nursing care is of a high standard assisted by GP support.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gabriella Mills, Customer Adviser at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jun 2018:

Thank you for your review of Parkside care home, we are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience when visiting. We appreciate your comments on the staff and we are glad you are happy with the care they give our residents and their families. We will share your comments with the care homes manager, The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My wife had terminal cancer and required full nursing and palliative care. From the first point of contact with the home manager to her final days her care and comfort were their first priority. A room suitable for her needs and all medical requirements were set in place upon her arrival. She could not have received better care and attention from all of the staff at the home. During her final days, her dignity and well-being were paramount. For all their help and kindness the family cannot thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gabriella Mills, Customer Adviser at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jun 2018:

Thank you for your review of our care home, we are pleased to hear that your wife has been well cared for and was made comfortable during her stay. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we will share them with the care home's manager. Our condolences, The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The staff are attentive to my needs and go out of their way to make me comfortable. They make sure my health needs are kept stable. Activities have been interesting and fun. The activity team work hard to keep it so. I am thankful to be here as I certainly couldn't manage on my own. I would recommend this home to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Gabriella Mills, Customer Adviser at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 15 Jun 2018:

Thank you for your review of Parkside, we are pleased to hear that you are comfortable there and the staff are taking good care of you. We appreciate your comments on the activities provided for the residents and will pass on your comments to the care home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I find Parkside Care Home a very nice place to live. The staff here are friendly and caring, there are plenty of activities to do and entertainment too. Visiting hours are good which is nice for me. I find it nice to have my lunch and eventually my supper too in the day room. All in all, I like living here at Parkside Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Likely

Thank you for your review of Parkside care home, we are pleased to hear that you are happy living at the home. We appreciate your comments on the home and the staff and will share these with the care homes manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

From the moment my father moved into Parkside, he was treated with kindness and respect. Dad was quite ill and required feeding, I turned up to see dad while he was being fed without the carer knowing I was standing behind, I was overwhelmed with how gentle, kind and patient she was with him. My father loved his time at Parkside and told me that he was very happy there and would not want to leave.

I am very impressed with the cleanliness of the home, quality of food and most of all, the staff, from the cleaners, cooks, carers, nurses, management. I was always kept fully informed as to my father's condition and even though I visited 2 or 3 times a day I never felt that I was being a nuisance and the staff always welcomed me.

The rooms are a good size and you are encouraged to make it your home, they are bright and airy and each room will be kitted out to meet your needs.
Even after my father passed away the staff did all they could to help both myself and my family, which I am truly grateful for.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Stephen Rondel, Customer Adviser at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 24 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our hardworking and caring staff. Best wishes to you and your family.

Caring and skilled staff. Care that is personalised. Excellent food, varied entertainment and adaptable person-centred care plans.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Services Administrator at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 11 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review, we are very proud of our staff who go above and beyond to care for residents!

My mum has only been at Parkside Care Home for three weeks, but I am very pleased with the care she has received so far. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and the home is very clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Jayne Duck at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I hope that your mum is settling in and making new friends. The little things like a smile or just having some of your own personal items makes all the difference and more like home. I'm sure that you will have peace of mind knowing that your mum is safe and well cared for.

There is a depth of knowledgeable and committed nursing and caring. There is great fun with the staff.
There are stimulating activities.
The food is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your relative is happy and enjoying the activities. It is the little things like a smile that makes all the difference.

Home is comparatively clean. The majority of staff are very helpful and good. I enjoy the companionship of other residents (some) and staff. Better than being on my own.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 13 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy being with us and are making friends with both staff and residents.

This is a congenial care home. The staff are ever ready to help and to sort out problems. The activity staff work hard to keep us interested with affairs and I enjoy the sessions. No way could I manage to be alone again at home, therefore, I am extremely grateful for Parkside Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the different activities and if you have any problems they are sorted for you.

Good levels of care.
Activities are very good.
Seen good improvements recently.
Food could be better.
Room seems a little crowded as medication and supplies are kept in there.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Likely

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and staff.

My mother spent the final months of her life at Parkside. She was cared for with skill by the nursing staff and always with kindness and consideration by the carers and all the other staff.

She, and her family, were treated with respect and compassion at the end of her life.

the family feel fortunate that she lived at Parkside and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others who need nursing care for a loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was only living at Parkside Care Home just over four months. During that short time she settled well and made good relationships with several staff. When my mother died the family were cared for with great care and respect. I felt several members of staff were genuinely affected by our loss. My special personal thanks to the staff who looked after mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 06 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your review, and may we take this opportunity to offer our condolences. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Whilst my mother-in-law has been very poorly we have been incredibly delighted and impressed by the care provided to both my mother-in-law, and additionally the whole family. By the floor manager and the whole ground floor team at Bupa Parkside. They have gone beyond the care that is standard and made us all feel looked after and supported, but most particularly the floor manager.
We would like her to have some personal recognition from Bupa!

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

I want to say thank you for the way the whole team on Poppy Floor, led by the Deputy Manager is looking after Mum as she faces declining health. They are unfailingly kind, gentle and understanding in their dealing with her and, I believe, genuinely have her best interests at heart. The Deputy Manager in particular consistently demonstrates a high level of compassion and professionalism while caring for Mum. It seems that nothing is too much trouble. She keeps me up to date, on a daily basis if necessary, with any changes to Mum's care plan, medication and general well being. I cannot praise the care Mum is receiving highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am quite happy living in this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mother spent nearly 2 years at Parkside and I was well pleased with the care the staff provided in her time here. In a word 'magic'.

Submit a Review for Parkside Care Home

Care Home Idol

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Parkside Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes