Parkside Care Home

Parkside Road, Reading RG30 2DP

Parkside House delivers care to the elderly to ensure each resident receives the care specific to their needs. This includes nursing care, convalescence, respite and palliative care.

With a lift for residents to get to each of the three floors, the home is spacious and has many comfortable areas to encourage socialising and personal interests.

Wi-Fi is available in the home and is used often by residents to communicate with relatives and friends.

The home is situated in a quiet residential area close to local amenities and bus routes. All bedrooms have ensuite facilities with a 24 hour call system, many with views of the surrounding gardens.

Parkside prides itself on the balanced and nutritious dishes that are served to residents at mealtimes. The meals, which are freshly prepared every day, are suited to each resident’s individual food preferences and choices.

Weekly clubs allow residents to get to know each other and remain active and engaged in hobbies that they are passionate about. Residents also have access to an onsite hairdresser and visiting mobile library.

Person in charge: Paul Vincent (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Reading Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 75 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Parkside Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Parkside Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Parkside Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.399 for Parkside Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (95 Excellents x 5) + (60 Goods x 4) + (22 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 178 Ratings = 4.399

The 4.6 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Parkside Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15 positive Reviews (75 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 15 Target = 0.600

9 Parkside Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (8.999) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Parkside Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Parkside Care Home

From the moment my father moved into Parkside, he was treated with kindness and respect. Dad was quite ill and required feeding, I turned up to see dad while he was being fed without the carer knowing I was standing behind, I was overwhelmed with how gentle, kind and patient she was with him. My father loved his time at Parkside and told me that he was very happy there and would not want to leave.

I am very impressed with the cleanliness of the home, quality of food and most of all, the staff, from the cleaners, cooks, carers, nurses, management. I was always kept fully informed as to my father's condition and even though I visited 2 or 3 times a day I never felt that I was being a nuisance and the staff always welcomed me.

The rooms are a good size and you are encouraged to make it your home, they are bright and airy and each room will be kitted out to meet your needs.
Even after my father passed away the staff did all they could to help both myself and my family, which I am truly grateful for.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Stephen Rondel, Customer Adviser at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 24 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our hardworking and caring staff. Best wishes to you and your family.

Caring and skilled staff. Care that is personalised. Excellent food, varied entertainment and adaptable person-centred care plans.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Natalie Krisman, Customer Services Administrator at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 11 Apr 2018:

Thank you for your review, we are very proud of our staff who go above and beyond to care for residents!

I have been well looked after by all the staff here. They work hard to look after me and the other residents here. After I arrived I was welcomed by the manager which was much appreciated. The staff are currently working to get the right kind of chair for me to be able to get out of bed and sit comfortably which is also much appreciated. I really appreciate everything that is done for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that you are well cared for and happy in our care, I hope that your chair is not too long and that you will be able to sit comfortably and enjoy the different activities.

My mum has only been at Parkside Care Home for three weeks, but I am very pleased with the care she has received so far. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and the home is very clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Jayne Duck at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I hope that your mum is settling in and making new friends. The little things like a smile or just having some of your own personal items makes all the difference and more like home. I'm sure that you will have peace of mind knowing that your mum is safe and well cared for.

There is a depth of knowledgeable and committed nursing and caring. There is great fun with the staff.
There are stimulating activities.
The food is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that your relative is happy and enjoying the activities. It is the little things like a smile that makes all the difference.

Home is comparatively clean. The majority of staff are very helpful and good. I enjoy the companionship of other residents (some) and staff. Better than being on my own.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 13 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy being with us and are making friends with both staff and residents.

This is a congenial care home. The staff are ever ready to help and to sort out problems. The activity staff work hard to keep us interested with affairs and I enjoy the sessions. No way could I manage to be alone again at home, therefore, I am extremely grateful for Parkside Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. I'm so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the different activities and if you have any problems they are sorted for you.

Good levels of care.
Activities are very good.
Seen good improvements recently.
Food could be better.
Room seems a little crowded as medication and supplies are kept in there.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Likely

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and staff.

The staff in Parkside are generally very caring. However, there seems to be a shortage of staff which sometimes affects what time I get out of bed,
The activities have improved since we had a new manager and seem to suit most people.
The food needs improvement, it has no flavour and is presented with very odd combinations eg, tuna, pasta, roast potatoes, brussel sprouts, mashed potatoes.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Likely

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

My mother spent the final months of her life at Parkside. She was cared for with skill by the nursing staff and always with kindness and consideration by the carers and all the other staff.

She, and her family, were treated with respect and compassion at the end of her life.

the family feel fortunate that she lived at Parkside and would have no hesitation in recommending it to others who need nursing care for a loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was only living at Parkside Care Home just over four months. During that short time she settled well and made good relationships with several staff. When my mother died the family were cared for with great care and respect. I felt several members of staff were genuinely affected by our loss. My special personal thanks to the staff who looked after mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Parkside Care Home responded to this review on 06 Nov 2016:

Thank you for your review, and may we take this opportunity to offer our condolences. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

Whilst my mother-in-law has been very poorly we have been incredibly delighted and impressed by the care provided to both my mother-in-law, and additionally the whole family. By the floor manager and the whole ground floor team at Bupa Parkside. They have gone beyond the care that is standard and made us all feel looked after and supported, but most particularly the floor manager.
We would like her to have some personal recognition from Bupa!

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

I want to say thank you for the way the whole team on Poppy Floor, led by the Deputy Manager is looking after Mum as she faces declining health. They are unfailingly kind, gentle and understanding in their dealing with her and, I believe, genuinely have her best interests at heart. The Deputy Manager in particular consistently demonstrates a high level of compassion and professionalism while caring for Mum. It seems that nothing is too much trouble. She keeps me up to date, on a daily basis if necessary, with any changes to Mum's care plan, medication and general well being. I cannot praise the care Mum is receiving highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am quite happy living in this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Parkside Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mother spent nearly 2 years at Parkside and I was well pleased with the care the staff provided in her time here. In a word 'magic'.

Submit a Review for Parkside Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Parkside Care Home