Tall Trees, Colchester, Essex

Tall Trees Nursing Home is skilled in looking after people who have physical disabilities, offering modern nursing care and an effective service for many who have Alzheimer's disease.

This comfortable and homely facility can house up to 48 people, all of whom receive a personal service from a team of talented and attentive carers, dedicated towards supporting the independence of those in care through assisted living.

The town of Colchester is ideal for convenient travel and access to local amenities, whilst being situated close to numerous tourist and countryside attractions for residents to enjoy as part of an activities programme.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Alice Banda (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 48 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Tall Trees: click here

posted 7 hours ago

Please call us on 01206 805896 for current bed vacancies

7.8 Tall Trees has a Review Score of 7.8 (7.843)

The Review Score of 7.8 (maximum of 10) for Tall Trees is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 2 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Tall Trees in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.1 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.739 for Tall Trees is calculated as follows: ( (17 Excellents x 5) + (6 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 23 Ratings = 4.739

The 3.104 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Tall Trees is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 9.6 positive Reviews (48 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 9.6 Target = 0.104

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Tall Trees?

Reviewer Connection to Tall Trees

My mother-in-law has been a resident in Tall Trees for almost two years. During this time, she has received nothing but the best care, love and attention. Whenever we visit, it is always clean. Her clothes are clean, her hair is washed and cut and her nails cut and filed. There is always a happy and homely atmosphere in Tall Trees and we are constantly moved by the care that is shown to my husband's mother. Thank you Tall Trees.

How likely would you be to recommend Tall Trees? Extremely Likely

My Mum spent 8 months in Tall Trees' care prior to her death in August - the 'Thank You' letter, below, sums up my family's sentiments:

To: ALL Staff at Tall Trees.
Since my mother arrived at Tall Trees at the end of 2015, the level of care, attention and genuine compassion for her has been a source of great comfort for her family as well as for my Mum.
It was a big step, placing her into the care of strangers. But you weren’t ‘strangers’ for long - we realised that we had been amazingly lucky to have found you as your affection and care for my Mum were amazing.
We knew our limitations and could not give her the care and support she needed but, with you, she was safe, secure and loved.
Your care and attention extended to my Mum's family and we always felt welcome – on her final day, we were very touched by your attention, professionalism and warmth. We were so glad that we could share Mum with people who thought so much of her and we are enormously grateful.
On behalf of her family, Colin.

How likely would you be to recommend Tall Trees? Extremely Likely

Date: Wednesday 06 Nov 2013

Katherine

Katherine Foley

Joined: 1994

Despite training as a chef, Katherine Foley discovered her true vocation lay in the world of care. Now, as manager of Tall Trees, she loves seeing the impact her work is having.

"After completing my chef training, I was fortunate to be offered a position at a very good restaurant, but chose instead to take a job as a support worker. To this day, I’ve never been entirely sure why I made that decision, but I’m glad I did. I’ve been working at Care UK for 19 years now and was delighted when I got the chance to manage Tall Trees in 2012.

For many years, I worked in the community services division of Care UK, but as much as I enjoyed that role, I wanted a job which offered a real first-hand connection with the people I was helping. I felt the best way to get this was to become a care home manager. Looking back, it was a great decision – I love being able to talk with residents and families and see the benefits they get from our service with my own eyes.

I passionately believe in the ethos of giving the best quality of care to everyone all the time, and to do this I focus on treating people as individuals. It’s very important to understand that each resident has his, or her, own personality and life story which will inform how we provide care. Fundamentally, I want everyone who comes here to feel as if this is their home, and this includes not only residents, but also families when they come to visit.

When I’m not at work I love spending time with my family and in the great outdoors. We’re all very active; my son plays cricket for Essex under 17s, while both my daughter and myself love riding horses."

Katherine