Canford Manor Nursing Home

38 Manor Way, Lee-on-the-Solent PO13 9JH

Canford Manor Nursing Home welcomes dementia care requirements, offering a professional nursing service that ensures all clients are well-looked after with their own personal care plan, and support for social activities and an interesting lifestyle.

Individuals are supported in pursuing personal interests, while having 24/7 access to a skilled team. The interior is also suited to adults with disabilities or mobility issues.

Group: Heathfield Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Angela Hooper (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 26 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £770 – £950 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Canford Manor Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Canford Manor Nursing Home: click here

posted 13 Feb 2018

all with en-suite shower room, Private or social services with a third party top up

9 Canford Manor Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9 (8.991)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Canford Manor Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Canford Manor Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.1 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.914 for Canford Manor Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (64 Excellents x 5) + (6 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 70 Ratings = 4.914

The 4.077 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Canford Manor Nursing Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 5.2 positive Reviews (26 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 5.2 Target = 0.577

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Canford Manor Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Canford Manor Nursing Home

Canford Manor staff were a blessing for my mum, who passed away last year. A beautiful location, easy walking distance to the seafront. Wonderful staff, a knowledgeable and caring manager and a well thought out room layout all contributed to a peaceful, and restful stay. Staff were on hand when needed. Our heartfelt thanks go to them on this first anniversary for making Mum as comfortable as possible.
Can't recommend them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Canford Manor Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Activities: Don't Know

I moved my nan from the Isle of Wight last month and had been turned away from lots of homes because of she was on the Isle of Wight.
As soon as I phoned up Canford Manor they could not have been more helpful.
They took the stress away from the whole situation for me.
She has now moved on. The staff are lovely, the home is clean, the food is great and my nan comments on how nice the food is.
My nan is currently suffering from an infection which they saw before I did and got Nan antibiotics straight away.
I'm currently suffering from post natal anxiety myself and they really are caring and very helpful staff. Nothing is too much trouble even when they can be having a busy day.
I would highly recommend.
It is very good value for money and my nan's room is lovely and not at all hospital like.

Jane Palmer, Director at Canford Manor Nursing Home responded to this review on 22 Jun 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It's our honour to have our home chosen for the care of your loved one and we are always very pleased to hear that everyone is happy.

My wife became a resident at Canford Manor Nursing Home for a short time before unfortunately passing away.

During that time, myself and my son found that she was being cared for by a fantastic staff who showed complete empathy and compassion and attended to her every wish and need, making her stay as comfortable as possible.

The quality of food was excellent and they even went out of their way to satisfy her particular culinary desires.

Both management and staff made us and other visitors most welcome and were forthcoming in reasonable information requests in a helpful, competent and efficient manner.

Words cannot express how grateful we are to everyone there for their generosity of spirit and making a difficult situation as endurable as reasonably possible.

We would highly recommend Canford Manor to anyone who requires top quality nursing care for their loved ones.

Jane Palmer, Director at Canford Manor Nursing Home responded to this review on 30 Mar 2017:

Thank you very much for your kind words. We really appreciate all feedback and the team will be happy to hear such well deserved praise.

Canford Manor has provided a very homely environment for a short end of life spell. The management and the professional nursing team are excellent and treated Mum with so much dignity and care. They were sensitive, kind and caring to all family members. The transition from Mum's home to Canford was simple and relaxed because of good management and understanding. Canford Manor sets a very high standard and clearly, resident care is of upmost importance.

Jane Palmer, Director at Canford Manor Nursing Home responded to this review on 21 Sep 2016:

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are so pleased you chose our home, it's always an honor to care for loved ones.

My Husband became a resident of Canford Manor in Aug 2015. I had looked at several homes and was in despair as they were all so awful. I was impressed before I had even seen it as the Manager rang me quite late in the evening after assessing him in hospital to assure me that she would accept him. When I visited the following day I was even more pleased with the choice. The home is like a home from home, with lovely furnishings and everything is done for the benefit of the residents. Everyone of the staff are wonderful and it is not just a job to them. They are good with every resident and I am sure at times there must be difficult ones but they are always happy and are obviously attached to the people they look after. Nothing is too much trouble. The food is good and it seems if a resident has a particular wish for something it is readily available. There is a varied program of events which residents can join in. The staff discuss everything with relatives to make sure they are aware what is going on and will make time for this whenever suits you. Not only have I been impressed with the care given and the whole atmosphere of the place but every visitor that my Husband has had over the last 6 months has said exactly the same. Sadly, my Husband died this week and the staff have been nearly as upset as I am. I have made friends of them and they have helped so much with many ups and downs over the last 6 months. I would highly recommend Canford Manor to anybody who will listen!

Canford Manor offers a home from home experience I cannot speak highly enough of the warm and welcoming atmosphere provided by the excellent staff. They nursed my dying husband with love and compassion and I know they made his last days comfortable and . extremely peaceful. I shall be ever grateful for the warmth and tender care that they showed to his family welcoming us with open arms, looking after our needs which was beyond all our expectations.
Please let them know just how grateful I shall always be and will continue to speak highly of them to all that I meet.
Thank you.

Submit a Review for Canford Manor Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Canford Manor Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Canford Manor Nursing Home