Ashview Care Home

Ware Road, Widford, Ware SG12 8RQ

Ashview Nursing Home, situated near Ware in Hertfordshire, is a country house that has been lovingly converted and refurbished into a residential facility for the practice of high quality elderly care.

The home welcomes a wide range of care expertise, with GPs regularly visiting the home and care packages set up to suit personal healthcare needs.

Residents are able to enjoy regular visitors, together with an extensive activities programmes that contributes to their general and long-term health, as well as social events and outings.

Group: Westgate Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Daniela Danciulescu (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 32 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Ashview Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Ashview Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 29 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ashview Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 20 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.698 for Ashview Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (249 Excellents x 5) + (83 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 341 Ratings = 4.698

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ashview Care Home is based on 20 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6.4 positive Reviews (32 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 20 Reviews ÷ 6.4 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Ashview Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.698) from 29 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ashview Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ashview Care Home

I knew my friend for about forty years but her health deteriorated and I became her carer. In June 2017 she was taken into hospital and I was told she had pancreatic cancer. She was moved into Ashview Widford in July. The staff looked after her well for her remaining seven weeks. She was given excellent food and help with eating it as it became more difficult, her favourites were fish and chicken I believe. Her room was kept clean and her clothes washed for her and the busy staff visited her frequently to ensure that she was comfortable. Her room was well ventilated when the weather allowed.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

All staff we have dealt with are efficient, caring and personable. Food quality is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Nice friendly welcome every time I visit. Great laundry service so always clean and tidy. Staff listen to requests and are implemented straight away. Food is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was only a resident for just over 2 weeks. The staff looked after her with great care and her last days were in a warm and cosy environment. Thank you to all staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum was moved to Ashview the week before Christmas. I was anxious about the move because she was frail and needed a facility that provided compassionate quality care. My experience and that of all of her visitors, my mum's direct comments were the following - Everyone is so kind here, my room is warm and cosy, the food is really good. My wishes are respected. The team at Ashview went above and beyond for us and for my mum, we are so grateful for the expertise, compassion and kindness.
The Manager of the facility is caring, skilled and very compassionate. The tone she sets resonates with the entire team and patients and families.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My 87-year-old Mum finally decided she could no longer manage at home. Our experience with Ashview so far has been everything we could wish for from the initial assessment in Mum’s Home with a wonderful deputy manager taking time to see my Mum and understand the person she was in her own home to the kind and helpful transition to her room in Ashview where all the carers are well-trained kind and helpful and take the time to relate to their charges. The management is approachable and inspires confidence at this heartfelt time.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum was brought in with terminal lung cancer and we were welcomed and she was helped to feel as content with her care as was possible. The staff were understanding and kind but also were very busy with others and my mum found it hard but panicked when left alone. She never wanted to be alone as she was scared and fearful of when/how the end would be.
She was aware how tricky it was for them but also needed the toilet very frequently and was worried to ask.
The staff were as kind and helpful as they could be and gave as much time as they could which I know she and were are eternally grateful for. They were kind, helpful and dignified.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Likely

Excellent staff who know what they are doing.
They make the visits very pleasant for relatives as well as the live-in residents.
The home is clean and comfortable and welcoming.
My mother is well-looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mum has only been a resident for 11 days but during that time she has received first class care. There really isn't anything at all that I could fault. My Mum is comfortable and cared for better than she was at home and we have peace of mind knowing that we do not have to worry when we are not with her. Very professional friendly staff keep us informed of anything we need to know.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

This is a very old building that has been made into a very lovely nursing home. My Mum is always given the care and attention she needs. She has the most lovely room overlooking the cricket field. All the staff are polite and seem very happy in their work.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are so friendly and caring, not just to Mum but to all her family. They make us all welcome and feel at home. There isn't anything they won't do.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Good palliative care and caring staff supported my Aunt with sensitivity and thoughtfulness.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have found the day care at the home is very good. The food is of a high quality and the kitchen is very clean and hygienic.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Putting someone into a care home can be very distressing for the relatives. My mother felt guilty and wanted to take my father home again. With gentle reassurance she allowed him to stay and over the 10 days he was there, she built up a strong relationship with the staff. This, in turn, gave me time to relax as I knew she was also being cared for. Thank you to the manager and her team

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

I looked after my husband at home for more than 7 months. It was hard work but I loved him so much it felt right that I should look after the man I was married to for 62 years. However, it got too much for me so I had to let him go into a home. How lucky we were that the lovely manager said she'd look after him, for I could not have wished for more. The staff of Ashview are all simply the best. God bless all of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Moving a family member into a care home is something we can't ever prepare for. I was so lucky to have such an incredibly positive experience at a very difficult time in my life. The care and support that my relative received, along with the support given to me was outstanding. The compassion shown by the nurses and staff really made a difference in what was an incredibly stressful and emotional time in my life. I had 100% trust in the care provided and felt like the team went out of their way to give such a high standard of care. Everything was done with respect and love. The last few moments I spent with my loved one in Ashview were calm and peaceful and Ashview took care of all of the final arrangements. I have the utmost respect for this nursing home, the staff and all the people involved and I am eternally grateful for the love, care and support I and my family received.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mother-in-law spent her last months being compassionately cared for at Ashview. My Mother-in-law at first found it difficult to settle but due to her dementia, soon adapted to the nursing homes routine. My husband and I could not fault any part of my mother-in-law's care and cannot praise all the carers enough. Also, the home manager was first class. The chefs also deserve a mention as the food prepared for the residents was first class.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My friend was a resident at Ashview Nursing Home for six months respite. The staff were always helpful and made my friend feel like they were at home. The manager is very approachable and the food is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very happy with all the staff I was dealing with. Always had time to discuss my mother's situation. Organised transport to the hospital for follow-up appointments plus staff to escort my mother. Not happy with accommodation provided for my mother. Her room was very pokey and all corridors and access to communal areas difficult with wheelchairs and lounge was cluttered. Garden was lovely with nice sitting area. Lounge and dining room clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

I attended a meeting with the manager and ten members of staff to discuss my father's care. It was a positive meeting and I felt that I was listened to and my point of view was valuable.
I complimented and thanked the staff, they do a wonderful job. Theor dedication is very much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ashview is extremely well run with very friendly, caring and helpful staff at all levels. There is a strong feeling of being part of a large and happy family.
The home is always spotlessly clean (as are the residents) and there is never any unpleasant, stale smells of urine or boiled cabbage (which I have noticed in some other care homes!)
Ashview has recently been re-decorated in all the rooms, which are now very light, airy and fresh looking. The large garden and patio are wonderful to both sit out in and view from the lounge windows. The chef is extremely good, providing a variety of well planned and imaginative meals for all residents, even those who need all food pureed. Special functions and entertainment are arranged at various times throughout the year to which family and friends are invited which helps to enforce the feeling of "belonging". Mum has been a resident for 4 and a half years and I honestly feel I could not have chosen anywhere better for her to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ashview is an excellent nursing home. The management and staff of all levels provide 100% care. Everyone is treated as an individual and all care, food and meals are provided to cater to their needs. There is never a problem, it doesn't matter what request or questions that I need answering, there is always someone available to speak to. This home is very warm and welcoming it has a big family atmosphere. The staff made my aunts stay for the last 4 months of her life the best she could have had. Not only for herself, but for the whole family.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

The food is very good and the nurses and staff are exceptional, they do a really good job. The home is always clean and tidy, the garden looks inviting to sit in on sunny days. Would recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Likely

Good all round service most of the time. Only two little points; collecting crockery after meals could be quicker and not always left alone so you can go to the toilet.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

The carers all amazing! Our mum only spent ten days at Ashview but the way we and she were treated was second to none! in her final hours. They were so helpful, kind and loving. They helped us with everything and really made us feel at ease. We would like to thank them all at Ashview from the bottom of our hearts.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Likely

It is so difficult when you realise that it is just impossible for one of your parents to continue living at home but Ashview Nursing Home really softened the blow. The staff are so lovely and the management team are really good and give you confidence that the best care is being given. I cannot praise all of the team at Ashview Nursing Home highly enough. The food is very good and my mother's room very homely. Thank you so much all of you, we really appreciate everything you have done for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Husband has lived at Ashview for some time and if you are looking for a good Residential/Respite home then I would urge you to consider this one. There is a lovely atmosphere the food is good and the carers are professional and above all caring, all led by the excellent hands on Manager. My husband is happy, comfortable and genuinely cared for. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ashview.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Having to leave a loved one in the care of strangers can be a worrying and stressful time but I have been very pleasantly surprised by the welcome and care shown by the staff at Ashview. My mother has dementia and has been living at Ashview for a few weeks now. The staff have shown how important it is treat each resident as an individual and to cater for those individual needs and I've enjoyed how some of the staff have struck up a relationship with mum already. There was a party when I was visiting once (complete with pub singer!) and the positive effect it had on the residents was wonderful to watch. The rest of the family have also been very impressed by Ashview so far and we feel a sense of relief that mum is in good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but praise for Ashview nursing home,and all the staff.
The manager, and another member of staff went to a lot of effort to accommodate my wife and Ion our short term stay, and all the staff are cheerful and willing to help at all times, day and night.

The food and accommodation is very good, and there is a large garden area.
I would have no hesitation to returning in the future.

Submit a Review for Ashview Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ashview Care Home