Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing

Huntercombe Place, Nuffield, Henley-on-Thames RG9 5SE

Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

Huntercombe Hall is an elegant Victorian Manor House, providing light and attractive accommodation for elderly residents. Located over two floors, each en-suite room has a charming, welcoming atmosphere and an accessible lift links the ground and first floor.

The home is a stunning Victorian property that has been sympathetically converted to a care home of distinction, stooped in history and provenance.

The stunning grounds surrounding Huntercombe Hall provide a haven of wildlife and are an idyllic location for residents to relax. The home sits within extensive beautifully landscaped gardens with level lawns, ideal for residents and visitors to enjoy when the weather permits.

The home is located in the beautiful village of Nuffield, close to the picturesque towns of Nettlebed, Wallingford and a 15 minute drive from Henley on Thames. Just off the A4130, Huntercombe is well located for shops, facilities and amenities whilst enjoying views over rural countryside and woodland.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Stephanie Jones (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 42 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing: click here

posted 11 Dec 2017

Please call 0808 223 5515 for further information about current Bed Vacancies at Huntercombe Hall

7.9 Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing has a Review Score of 7.9 (7.879)

The Review Score of 7.9 (maximum of 10) for Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.391 for Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing is calculated as follows: ( (33 Excellents x 5) + (31 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 69 Ratings = 4.391

The 3.488 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 8.4 positive Reviews (42 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 8.4 Target = 0.238

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing?

Reviewer Connection to Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing

• Visitor

After 7 years of caring at home for my 84 year old husband, who has vascular dementia and severely impaired vision, I cannot praise this care home highly enough. My husband has been there five months now. The kindness, thoughtful care and support from all the staff is amazing - not only for my husband but also for me and our family as we have been guided and advised through some very difficult times in these past few months.
Now I feel like one of the Huntercombe 'family' when I visit and am so warmly welcomed.
And the bonus is that I can take a pile of music with me and play the piano - music and singing being the only thing that my husband can still enjoy. It seems that some of the other residents enjoy it too!
I must also mention that the patience, kindness and respect shown by staff members to all the residents is impressive.
To sum up: for me, the overwhelming feeling at Huntercombe is one of loving care.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing? Extremely Likely

The friendly mood throughout this attractive, history-laden house is created by a dedicated staff who demonstrate how high professionalism can be combined with a cheerful, empathetic manner.

My 93-year-old father arrived here after hospitalisation, where he had become bedridden and uncommunicative. Yet the patient care of the dementia-trained team gently revived his spirit. He regained his dignity and was encouraged to move, interact with people, eat in the dining room and join activities. On “difficult” days, the team understand him and can sooth and coax him back to a state of comfort.

I live aboard, yet members of the team always have time to respond to my telephone calls with a frank and detailed update on my father's well-being. And this open attitude is shared by the doctor who visits the home every week.

Huntercombe Hall, with its devoted staff, is a remarkable example of outstanding excellence. And I wholeheartedly recommend this wonderful care home.

My mother has a beautiful sunny room, very large. The staff are pleasant and helpful.
As my mother is 99 years old, she eats little and does not go down to mix with other residents. It's her choice to stay in her room. Everyone seems to be as happy as they can be in their individual circumstances.

I don't manage to visit too often and it's always in the early evenings so I can't comment on too much. My father seems well cared for and he is clean and comfortable. The staff are pleasant and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing? Likely

The ladies I visit have always seemed happy and well cared for. I have found the staff very friendly and helpful. When I hear of people looking for a care home I have recommended this one.

I was apprehensive about coming here in June not knowing anyone who knew of Huntercombe Hall Care Home. However, on arriving in a great deal of pain I found the care I received quite remarkable. The staff are so caring, nothing is too much trouble. They have a spirit of friendship and cheerfulness I have never found before. I was so struck by the kind and gentle way the people with dementia were treated. Sometimes when they are being very difficult they treat them lovingly and win them round. After my first stay, I told my GP he could recommend this home to any family looking for care for their relatives who have dementia.

Submit a Review for Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing

December 2016

Stephanie Jones

Joined: 2017

I lead my professional Care Team in delivering the highest level of care and support for our residents.

My commitment to professional development has equipped me well for my role here, where I work hard to ensure that those in my care lead happy and fulfilling lives, whilst maintaining choice over the care and support they receive.

I believe in maintaining strong relationships with residents and their relatives, and understand the important contribution that these relationships make to the successful running of a care home.

I feel that the Caring Homes philosophy matches up well with my own beliefs on care provision, and I am committed to ensuring that all our residents continue to receive the high levels of care and protection they deserve.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing