Coppice Court Care Home, Eastbourne, East Sussex

Coppice Court provides personalised care packages for short and long-term needs. Care includes nursing, respite, palliative, convalescence as well as care for those living with dementia, Parkinson’s and Huntington's.

A purpose-built home situated a short drive away from Eastbourne, Coppice Court offers a warm and homely environment. The home features carefully designed interiors to promote a comfortable lifestyle, bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms, and well-kept gardens including a summer house and a sensory garden.

A nutritious and seasonal menu offers hot and cold choices to suit personal taste. Good nutrition is treated as an essential part of the care programme.

An active lifestyle is supported with many interesting events to enjoy, as well as film shows, music sessions and reminiscence groups.

Person in charge: Alison Worms (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 54 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Arabic, Spanish; Castilian, French, Hindi, Polish, Romanian, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Coppice Court Care Home: click here

9 Coppice Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (8.980)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Coppice Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 20 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Coppice Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.517 for Coppice Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (130 Excellents x 5) + (95 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 234 Ratings = 4.517

The 4.463 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Coppice Court Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.8 positive Reviews (54 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 10.8 Target = 0.463

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Coppice Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Coppice Court Care Home

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

My mother went into Coppice Court, Eastbourne, for my respite from 5th - 15th September. I have worked as an Intensive Care nurse but I have never experienced such dedication, warmth and professional staff as I did at Coppice Court. Please pass on my gratitude to all the staff. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is so lovely to hear such nice things about our staff. I have passed your comments on to the home manager thank you again.

My wife was a resident for 12 months with dementia until she died in February '17. I visited her twice weekly and was favourably impressed by the high standards of personal care given as she slowly deteriorated. I myself had a poor mobility and balance condition which resulted in a fall and broken leg in January 2017. NHS transferred me to Coppice Court Care Home and was present at my wife's passing. Since then, I myself have been the recipient of the same high standard of care.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 06 Jun 2017:

So sorry to hear of your loss, please accept our condolences. It is a pleasure to hear that she was looked after so well and that you yourself have also been looked after. The Bupa customer care team.

During my three month stay, I have been very impressed by the intelligent standard of management. The care assistants have been the backbone of my experience here - unfailingly cheerful and kind, making a healing atmosphere - my progress has been excellent. The nurses are also friendly and I feel buoyed up by all this good will. Food varied from very good to okay. Strict cleanliness standards. The above comments have been consistent, truly a care home throughout my stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 06 Jun 2017:

So glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that your progress has improved.

My mother-in-law is in this home due to having Alzheimers and is in end of life care.
Both myself and my wife (daughter of resident) feel that the staff are very conscientious and caring towards my mother-in-law and to us.
We feel very happy that she is in this home and are grateful to all of the staff and thankful for their continued care and support to all of us.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your review. It is so good to know that you feel like this towards our staff. I will pass your comments on to the home manager. The Bupa customer care team.

The staff are respectful, kind and considerate.
The food is good and varied and rooms are light and airy with a pleasant outlook.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Likely

The home in the last 3 years of late, had a very low turnover of staff which in my view tended to reflect a well-run home where staff were happy and this had a similar effect on the residents. This changed of late, albeit some of the long serving staff are still working here. I feel elderly residents are happier with people they get to know and the aim should be to try and retain staff. Clearly, this is in the main, a management issue. This said, I feel that current staff work hard and the home is of a very good standard. I would recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

I am safe and satisfied while I am here.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very pleased with the way things are being run now.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 29 Dec 2016:

I am extremely happy with the care that my mother is receiving. The staff are devoted and always approachable if I need to raise an issue.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Coppice Court since August 2015. I have found the care given to her as very kind and professional by all the staff. I live in the New Forest in Hampshire so I am not able to respond very quickly if there is a problem. Since my mum has been in Coppice Court I have built a good relationship with all the staff and I have great respect for them, I class them as my friends as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Weekdays always a happy atmosphere, often singing, a lot of smile. Staff always speak even during busy times. Weekends fewer staff, less activities, often found mother in bed at weekend.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 04 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

I mostly visit my husband every other day and it is a pleasure to go into reception where I and my little dachshund are warmly welcomed. Upstairs we receive the same welcome by nurses carers and management staff. Mid morning we are offered tea or coffee and biscuits. My husband usually stays in his room for lunch but if he wants to get up his visitors can have lunch with him. My husband falls occasionally and everything is done with alarms etc to stop this from happening. He had a day in hospital recently and a carer was sent with him and stayed all day.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Jun 2016:

Teething problems to start with, but manager sorted out ASAP. Could not be happier.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The meals are very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 20 Apr 2016:

Very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 21 Apr 2016:

My husband was admitted to Coppice Court Nursing Home on 29th February 2016 for palliative care. I cannot give enough praise to all the staff for their nursing and care of both my husband and myself. The nursing home is very clean all the staff are very friendly and really take pride in working their individual roles. The accommodation facilities and food are all excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend this nursing home to anyone neither would our family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Coppice Court Care Home responded to this review on 21 Apr 2016:

I cannot praise this care centre enough. The staff not only cared for my father in law in a highly dedicated and devoted way but also cared for us as a family. Nothing was too much trouble and the variety of food on offer to residents was of restaurant standard. You hear so much negative publicity about care homes and it was a delight to find our experience to be so positive. My father in law passed away and again we were treated with utter respect and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very good nursing home, staff and management are really good and treat the residents with care and dignity. The nurses are always there on hand if you are concerned they are always there to get the problem sorted out immediately. Food is very good, a great variety and always cooked very well. They have plenty of hot drinks and there is always jugs full of water. Their rooms are very clean and tidy. The residents are dressed clean and tidy. All in all the nursing home I would recommend this to friends and family which I have had family in there a few years ago.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

A very friendly home and the staff are always very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Coppice Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

A very friendly welcome. The staff, even very busy, gave an excellent service and help to me specially in the early days when I was restricted in movement. The food was excellent and help given with a diet to reduce weight. The srn staff came over as being very efficient. I had an excellent room which was much appreciated.

Submit a Review for Coppice Court Care Home

Recipient: Bupa Care Homes

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Coppice Court Care Home