The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home

9/11 Neva Road, Weston-super-Mare BS23 1YD

Ellenborough is a home in the true sense of the word; warm, comfortable and welcoming. Two stone converted Villa building’s with high ceilings, spacious bedrooms and communal areas. The bedrooms are a reflection of the people who stay in them and you could be forgiven for thinking you were visiting their bedrooms in their own home. Ellenborough offers a range of room styles, many with period features.

Summary
•        Accommodates up to 27 residents providing short term, respite and long-term care

•        Caring for individuals who need a little extra help as they get older and suffer from age related illnesses such as short-term memory loss, dementia or Alzheimer’s

•        They provide high quality care promoting individual choice, privacy and comfort in a homely environment

•        Highly trained staff attending to every need 24 hours a day

•        Single and double bedrooms available

Group: Cedars Care Group

Person in charge: Naomi Crofts (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Somerset District Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 29 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Stroke

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £750 – £900 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £750 – £900 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 7.8 (maximum of 10) for The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.2 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.655 for The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (124 Excellents x 5) + (46 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 177 Ratings = 4.655

The 3.172 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 5.8 positive Reviews (29 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 5.8 Target = 0.172

7.8 The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home has a Review Score of 7.8 (7.827) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home

I would like to thank everyone at The Ellenborough for looking after my mother until she passed away a few weeks ago. Mum didn’t want to end her life in hospital and the love and care she received from the staff was exceptional. Words cannot say how grateful all the family are to everyone at The Ellenborough. Mum was treated with great dignity until the end. Thank you all so very, very much.

How likely would you be to recommend The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home? Extremely Likely

The home is situated in the corner of an active attractive road. Which is on a bus route and near the railway station. The food and service is very good. The staff is very helpful and understanding.

How likely would you be to recommend The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home? Likely

The staff at Ellenborough are always friendly towards family visitors. They are also very professional in the way they carry out their duties towards the residents. My father always makes the comment that " the cook is the best one in Weston ". My father has settled into the care home very well after losing Mum last year, and it is reassuring to know that he is being well looked after.

My mum and I love The Ellenborough. Nothing is too much trouble. I can visit anytime without asking. I am offered food at meal times and there is always a nice cup of tea.
Mu mum is happy and kept nice and clean.
She is the first member of our family who has had to go into a care home and we are more than happy and it has really become home from home for all of us. The staff are very caring.

My Dad moved to the home last October due to a change in his physical abilities. My initial contact was over the phone and email as I was not able to visit the home prior to Dads admission. The manager was so helpful emailing photos of the rooms available and spending time on the phone. She is also very caring and understanding and this reflects in all of the staff in the home. When I was able to visit Dad, I found the staff helpful and friendly and very patient with him. Any issues regarding his care were reported to me promptly.
Since his admission, I feel like I have got my Dad back again. He looks well cared for and when I call him he sounds happy and back to his old self. I am delighted and very grateful to everyone at the home.

The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home is like going to Grandmas House. It's clean and welcoming, the staff are always at hand for any questions and make you aware of any new legislation.
The residents all look well looked after with smart clean clothes which show the staff take great care in coordinating colours on each resident. There is always a board for lunch with a choice of mains and desserts with home cooked food. In fact, I would not mind lunch at
The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home myself. Even the fish and chips!
They have a singer that comes in, someone to do nails and hair, exercise and bingo which makes for happy residents which everyone seems. We have been visiting mum now for 4/5 years and the standards never change. I have never had any issues with the home. Its so good to have peace of mind with my much-loved mother.

I live in Canada and having my aunt in such a good care facility takes a huge weight off my mind. I chose The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home several years ago because three unrelated persons each put the home in the top three they would recommend. She had a very bad bronchial infection in January and her care and the information related to me was above reproach. I find the staff from the manager down very helpful, caring, respectful and knowledgeable. My aunt feels very relaxed and at home at Ellenborough. I visit several times a year and am made most welcome, in the interim I receive frequent e-mails keeping me up to date on my aunt's condition.

Once again stopping at the above was an excellent stay. The staff were excellent, rooms were very clean, as was the rest of the home.
As for the food, it was excellent for all my stay. If nursing homes are all like this one, there shouldn't be a problem. All in all, it was a great and relaxing stay. Keep up the good work at Ellenborough, and once again, Thank you!

My father was discharged from Hospital on 14th July at 4:15pm and arrived at Ellenborough Nursing Home, he was greeted by the staff, who were very friendly, caring and made dad feel safe which enabled myself and mum to know he was in very safe hands, which gave us peace of mind. When it was time for us to leave Mum and I knew in our hears that we have made the best decision for Ellenborough Nursing Home to give excellent love and care in a very homely environment.

My friend recommended this nursing home as her Mother had been a resident a few years ago. We were warmly welcomed by the manager, who showed us the rooms that were available and the sitting rooms etc. The whole place seemed friendly, calm, clean, warm, welcoming and very well run with no unpleasant " hospital" smells. My Father was there for about 11 weeks and we felt very confident that he was in the best possible place. l felt he was very much a person to them, not just a resident and that they genuinely cared about him, nothing seemed too much trouble. The thing that l especially liked, was that all the staff chatted to him, from the Manager to the lady who cleaned his room, not just the staff in charge of his personal care. They did everything they could to ensure he was comfortable and the whole family felt we could not have made a better choice, we are very grateful for everything they did for him.

My mum was living at Ellenborough for 4 years 3 months. Generally my mum and I were very satisfied overall. Since mum became very ill after Christmas, the care, love, respect and dignity given to mum, myself and other relatives was second to none. Helping to enable my mother to 'die a good death'.

We chose Ellenborough for our brother because there was an atmosphere of happiness and caring when we did our initial visit.
We were not proved wrong. Throughout our brother's time here he was treated with the utmost respect and care. The staff went out of their way to make him feel comfortable and at home. Indeed, he did see Ellenborough as his home, and chose to end his days there, amongst the people he regarded as friends.

It was quite a difficult transition for our brother as he was only 64 years old and diagnosed with terminal cancer, needing care 24/7.

But the young, cheerful and dedicated staff at the Ellenborough made his time with them a pleasure. They spent time talking with him and cooked whatever he fancied eating....he really appreciated their attention and care.

They were also there for us, his family. We would visit every day, usually spending all day with our brother. We were embraced and made to feel completely at home. Tea and coffee was at our disposal and lunch was provided if we would have liked it.
They sympathetically discussed our brothers illness and prognosis, and gave wonderful support to us all.
I cannot stress highly enough how much we owe the management and staff at Ellenborough for making our brothers final days as comfortable and can I say, as enjoyable, as they did.
Special thanks to Manager for leading such a wonderful staff.

My experience of my husbands stay in the home is nothing but good. The trauma of having to put someone in a home is obviously really awful, but I need not have worried- I cannot fault this nursing home. I am currently awaiting surgery- all the staff are so caring towards me as well as my husband. They are always happy and welcoming. My only worry is that as my husband goes deeper into dementia he may say or do something out of character and so become a liability, but at the moment everything is nothing but excellent. 5 star!

My husband has been at Ellenborough since April this year. As far as I can see he has been well looked after and treated well. He needs 24 hour care.

The manager and staff are brilliant to my mother, I have no worries about mom being there as I know she is in safe hands and being well looked after. Thank you for all your kindness shown to mom, she couldn't be in a better place.

Submit a Review for The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home

Naomi Crofts

Joined: 2012

Naomi has been a Registered Nurse for thirty years! She previously worked for hospitals in very acute settings, which included A & E and Intensive care cardiac unit.
After having her children she applied for a post in a care home. She had become disillusioned with care standards in hospitals and felt the focus was more to do with targets and time management rather than patient care. She has never looked back!
Naomi knows we can help people to stay with their families longer, so by promoting choice we therefore enable people to remain independent. Naomi feels that it all counts and it’s all important. It’s about making a positive difference to people’s lives by contributing to their health happiness and well-being and that's what keeps her motivated and is the reason she loves her job!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Ellenborough Nursing & Residential Care Home