The Grange Care Centre

Bristol Road, Eastington, Stonehouse GL10 3RT

The Grange Care Centre is a beautiful Grade II-listed Georgian country house containing 70 single en-suite rooms. The Grange is set in five acres of parkland situated on the fringe of the Cotswolds with close access for enjoyment of the outstanding natural beauty of the Cotswolds. It is ideally located, just minutes off the M5 at Junction 13.

The home is divided into four separate units; St George’s, Adelaide, Victoria, and Hardwicke. All units provide a mix between nursing and dementia accommodation.

The home is staffed with a dedicated and caring team.

Group: Rico Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Joanne Howells (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 75 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £950 – £1000 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) from £950 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact The Grange Care Centre to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Grange Care Centre: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for The Grange Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Grange Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.854 for The Grange Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (152 Excellents x 5) + (26 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 178 Ratings = 4.854

The 4.4 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Grange Care Centre is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15 positive Reviews (75 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 15 Target = 0.400

9.3 The Grange Care Centre has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.254) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Grange Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to The Grange Care Centre

From the very start, staff have been so caring and kind that my mother has transitioned to living here without even asking to come home. We are so relieved that she is so safe and well cared for and I have no hesitation in recommending The Grange to anyone who asks. The atmosphere is more friendly and warm than any other care home we visited.
Many, many thanks to all that have contributed.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The staff are caring, gentle and patient which is everything for us. It's difficult that my husband isn't at home but I'm content because I know he is looked after and being cared for with dignity and in a professional manner. I couldn't possibly do this myself which confirms our decision and helps us to accept the difficult reality. My husband's room and the premises, in general, have character and are always kept exceptionally tidy. I applaud The Grange Care Centre and highly recommend for those unfortunate enough to require this service.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have visited my wife at The Grange Care Centre daily since she was admitted there with Lewi type dementia more than eight years ago. Throughout that time I simply cannot fault the specialist care provided by the nursing staff and others such as carers, cleaners and so on. Originally I was expecting her to survive for only about two to three years and for me to still be able to visit her daily is entirely due to the excellent level of support provided to her by the exemplary staff. Inevitably her condition has progressed over time and now she is completely immobile and cannot speak, but she still recognises every visitor and enjoys every visit. We are both so lucky that this is so, thanks to the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I was delighted when mum was moved here from hospital despite her limited ability. She was encouraged to socialise and mobilise by the carers whenever she was strong enough. This did her a world of good. Sadly she wasn't able to enjoy the home for longer.
The carers were extra sensitive in the weeks leading to mums death.
It was also comforting when a delegation from the care home attended the funeral

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Any time I have visited, I have found the staff to be committed to the care of my father and responsive to his needs. They are welcoming whenever my mother and I visit and are happy for me to leave my mother there for a couple of hours with my dad. They can see the benefits of my mother staying with her husband and allow her to have a meal with him.

The regular staff are pleasant and accommodating and we are always informed if my dad's condition changes.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Likely

A care home devoted to its residents in a beautiful house and grounds with modern accommodation with enthusiastic, committed staff. The residents come first and nothing is too much trouble. Activities are much to the fore and the people who find things difficult are treated with kindness, conversation or just a hug and a hand to hold. Food, so important, is tasty and plentiful. Cream teas, entertainment and recently a village-like feel to the home with a little post office where you can get your stamps if you wish and a 'pub'. Coffees, teas, soft drinks. With all these things a comfy chair, peace and quiet, caring staff (both cleaning and medical) who smile through the day and we are so much appreciated. A dementia home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Granddad has been at the grange for 7 months. The staff have been very caring and understanding. Every time I visit Grandpa he is upbeat and cheerful.

Granddad mostly enjoys the many stimulating activities. One particular recent activity he relates to was a boat trip down the canal.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

We have found The Grange to be an outstanding care home. The staff are without exception, kind, caring, thoughtful and understanding. They cope wonderfully with everything that residents with dementia can throw at them (sometimes, literally!) and have amazing patience and tolerance.
The home provides a range of environments and activities for residents - this week, for example; they held a pancake afternoon, St David's Day tea, cheese and wine party.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Absolute superb home. I shall forever feel deeply indebted towards The Grange Care Centre. They re-instilled my sister with her long lost pride, dignity and general desire to enjoy life again. Thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The staff were fantastic more than that they were brilliant, my father did not want to go into a home at all but soon found his feet, they settled him in and really really cared about him. There are no words to express our gratitude they made our lives easy at the end of his. They treated him like he had been there for years, cared beyond their normal duties. This was the best end of his life we could have ever hoped for, we thank them ALL from the bottom of our hearts for ALL of their hard work and dedication. Very professional team of staff, nothing was too much trouble I hope they are all proud of the work they do each day. THANK YOU The Grange xx

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

When my Dad came here after having a hip replacement operation, he encountered immense discomfort and pain, but the staff were all very kind to us. Nothing was too much trouble. The manager was always available and understanding to our needs. I am delighted and grateful to be with The Grange. I would absolutely recommend The Grange without hesitation!!

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My brother and I would never have been able to provide the level of care and attention he gets at The Grange. It was an immensely difficult decision to send my Dad into care, however, I can now undoubtedly say it was the correct decision.
My Dad himself, who resented the idea of moving away from home, actually now admits and realises how fortunate he is to be in such caring and devoted hands.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Fantastic home. I'd advise all those seeking exceptional care to join this exceptional family!

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I don`t usually do reviews, however, on this occasion I've made a profound exception.

Although my stay at The Grange was short, the level of care I received exceeded all expectations.
The staff were always polite and cheerful, demonstrating endless warmth and patience.

The home is a clean, inviting and clearly a well-run place.

The manager has clearly done a fantastic job training the staff and ensuring the home is run to meet highest standards.
I take the opportunity to express sincere gratitude for the outstanding service that benefited me immensely!
I would highly recommend this fantastic team!!

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My Mum could not have found a better home. This care home has made my mum 10 years younger. Committed friendly caring staff, they really excel themselves in every way.
Thank you to you all!

Submit a Review for The Grange Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Grange Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Grange Care Centre