The Grange Care and Nursing Home

Grange Road, Northway, Tewkesbury GL20 8HZ

The Grange is the biggest home in the Cedar Trust group, offering both residential and nursing care, delivered by a friendly and lively staff team. The building incorporates several lounges and seating areas to promote a homely atmosphere, whilst the large dining room means that on special occasions residents (and sometimes their visitors too) can join together for celebratory meals. The hairdressing salon is an attraction for the ladies especially and a most attractive courtyard garden offers a secure outside space for sitting or even a spot of gardening. A short drive from the medieval town of Tewkesbury, the home is within easy walking distance of local shops including a chemist and post office. Junction 9 of the M5 motorway is close by, enabling easy access for visiting.

Group: C T C H Ltd (Cedar Trust Care Homes)

Person in charge: Natalie Bonner (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Gloucestershire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 65 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Grange Care and Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for The Grange Care and Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Grange Care and Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.652 for The Grange Care and Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (155 Excellents x 5) + (60 Goods x 4) + (9 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 224 Ratings = 4.652

The 4.385 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Grange Care and Nursing Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13 positive Reviews (65 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 13 Target = 0.385

9 The Grange Care and Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9 (9.037) from 19 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Grange Care and Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Grange Care and Nursing Home

I feel safe and wanted.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care and Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My Aunt suffers with dementia and has gradually gone downhill since 2016. The carers and medical staff and all those working at The Grange that I have had contact with have been very caring, patient and professional in dealing with me and my needs and concerns and in caring for my Aunt. I was very worried that the care home that I had chosen for my Aunt would provide good and loving care, my concerns have melted away as I've seen and experienced the love that all staff have shown.

A very pleasant and welcoming home, staff are always friendly and make me feel at home every time I visit. The pub is a great feature.

My husband has been at The Grange Care and Nursing Home since November last year. He has dementia with Lewy bodies and so his mental state can be very difficult at times.
He also broke his femur near his hip replacement and is non-weight bearing. This meant he is totally bed bound due to Parkinson's he cannot feed himself.
The staff at The Grange are all cheerful and willing to help him at any time.
He is looked after very well moved and changed often during the day and night.
They also feed him and talk and reassure him when he is depressed. I feel he is being well looked after kept clean and tidy. He has a low bed and a crash mat for any falls. It is a relief to me to know he is in a safe environment.

Family atmosphere - caring staff.

I'm treated like a royal, everyone is so kind it's like having an extended family.

Debbie Smith, General Manager at The Grange Care and Nursing Home responded to this review on 16 Mar 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we do try to make all of our residents feel special.

We have always found everybody to be kind and caring and when asked, things have been put down and acted on. My mother and ourselves have always been treated with utmost respect and a smile, which goes a long way. All the staff are the same.

My mother is being looked after very well.
The staff are caring and helpful and will assist me (her son) in any way they can.
There is a full calendar of activities that my mother can participate in.

How likely would you be to recommend The Grange Care and Nursing Home? Likely

Always very friendly and helpful.

We always find the home warm and inviting. The care staff are always very friendly and go out of their way to help if they can. The food always looks good and ate ourselves here on boxing day and enjoyed. They are in process of decorating which is needed in parts. The worry of my mother has now been shared!

My father has mixed dementia and whilst he was living with me at home he became a serious concern. Cedar Trust has given us both our lives back. He is happy and safe and I have peace of mind. Very lucky to have this care home.

The staff, from the receptionist to the carers have always treated my mum with dignity and respect. We feel she is well looked after and every member of staff are usually friendly and helpful. Any problems are dealt with swiftly. I think overall, the care home is value for money but the carers would benefit from doing less duties in order to be able to care for all the residents as they're always busy doing things.

My mother was treated with dignity and her likes and dislikes noted and responded to whenever possible. The staff were caring and respectful both to my mother and her family and friends who visited. They welcomed all visitors at any time. They were very supportive when requests were made for special arrangements when family traveled a distance i.e. taking mother to a lounge as they could spend one to one time in comfort. They respected the need to understand mothers special desire about her care and that they were able to reassure her he was safe and well.

My father has been a resident for 18 months, he has received kind, caring and professional support always. His room has been improved and always kept clean and tidy. His food is of the highest quality, varied and well presented. My mother and I visit him almost daily and have got to know the staff personally and have learnt how good their leadership is.
When my mother, aged 91 was diagnosed with cancer I had no hesitation in seeking a room for her - all staff declared how honoured they would be to care for her in her final few months. Her transfer took just a few hours. I shall always be grateful to all the staff at The Grange and would recommend it to anyone.

If it hadn't been for the care, friendship and dedication of the staff at The Grange I wouldn't be here now. The food is spot on. From what I have encountered since I have been here it is excellent the staff and management basically saved my life as 7-8 weeks ago I was very poorly. I would recommend The Grange to anyone that needed help, care and understanding I have received.

My mother had just a short stay in The Grange, but during that time management and staff were very caring to mum, nothing was too much trouble. They were very supportive to mum and her family during mum's last days in The Grange. I will always be very grateful to them and would have no hesitation in recommend The Grange, management and staff.

I was really impressed by the care my nan received from her stay,

I cannot fault the care that my grandmother received in her final week. It was a tough time for the whole family but made easier by the support and care my nan received. The kindness of all the nurses, carers and staff was amazing and I can't thank The Grange enough. Thank you!

The management and staff of this care home are extremely caring and attentive. They are always smiling and certainly enjoy their job. The Manager always has an open door and nothing is ever too much trouble. There is always a member of staff willing to discuss anything about my mums personal care and if the rare occasion arises where I need to bring something to their attention it is dealt with immediately. My mum cannot speak highly enough of the staff and the care they give her. I am kept well informed by the staff if they have any concerns or any information regarding my mum.
I would certainly recommend The Grange and having looked around 30 care homes before choosing this one for my mum, I know I made the right decision.
In summary my mum has a lovely ground floor room, the care she receives is excellent, the food is wonderful (mums words) , always lots of activities to take part in if one wishes to do so, staff are always happy, helpful and approachable. I feel my mum is extremely safe and well looked after.

Submit a Review for The Grange Care and Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Grange Care and Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Grange Care and Nursing Home