Abbeyrose Nursing Home

38 Orchard Road, Erdington, Birmingham B24 9JA

Abbeyrose aim to provide an atmosphere which is both homely and caring, which respects individuality, dignity and right to privacy of all residents. This is based on a strong relationship with outside organisations, to generate a professionally run home with a non institutional feel. This will enable residents to lead a fulfilled lifestyle and to achieve the highest potential that their medical condition will permit physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.

Group: MACC Care Ltd

Person in charge: Serena Williams (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Birmingham City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 38 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Stroke

Admission Information: Ages from 18 to 65.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Russian, Urdu

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £612 – £790 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Abbeyrose Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Abbeyrose Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.6 (maximum of 10) for Abbeyrose Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Abbeyrose Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.9 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.687 for Abbeyrose Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (48 Excellents x 5) + (17 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 67 Ratings = 4.687

The 3.895 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Abbeyrose Nursing Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 7.6 positive Reviews (38 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 7.6 Target = 0.395

8.6 Abbeyrose Nursing Home has a Review Score of 8.6 (8.582) from 6 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Abbeyrose Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Abbeyrose Nursing Home

Abbey Rose Nursing Home is an extremely well organised home, the team work is great.
The care they provided for my sister was excellent, the staff are caring compassionate and loving.
They set themselves a high standard and keep to it.

From my own personal view I was always made welcome I will miss them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Abbeyrose Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I was so relieved when my father moved into Abbeyrose. The team at the home have been wonderful from the start, everyone is so friendly and helpful and there's certainly been an improvement in my father's physical and mental health.
I'm able to sleep better at night and don't feel as guilty when I leave him as I know he's being looked after by wonderful people.

How likely would you be to recommend Abbeyrose Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Over the last eighteen months, I have witnessed kindness and concern from all the staff towards my dad as well as towards us, his relatives and friends. The staff respect dad's privacy and dignity. I never worry about dad all the time like I had to when he lived on his own, as I know if there is a problem and the staff are concerned they will call me, or my brother. Dad receives excellent individualised care that meets his changing needs.

I guess what I want to say is that nothing is ever too much for the staff even when they are really busy. All of them, the nurses, care assistants, admin staff, laundry man, cleaners, kitchen staff, everyone. Including the managers for running the home well. They all keep smiling and are truly professional.

Many times we are quick to criticise but slow to applaud good work. I applaud the staff and thank them from the bottom of my heart for the hard work they all do. I just wanted you to know that there is good care going on.

How likely would you be to recommend Abbeyrose Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I couldn't have wished for a better place for my mother to spend her last days. Even though she was very ill, the staff and nurses treated her with great care and compassion right to the end. They also managed the final arrangments quickly and with sensitivity, which was such a help at a very difficult time. My sincere thanks to the nursing staff and management on behalf of all the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Abbeyrose Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mum love being at Abbeyrose Nursing Home, she is so happy and well cared for. The staff have been wonderful. I live in London so I need to know my mum is well looked after 24/7 and she 100% is at Abbeyrose. I can't thank them enough for all they do for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Abbeyrose Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Serena, Manager at Abbeyrose Nursing Home responded to this review on 14 Sep 2016:

Thank you for your kind review. We will continue to try and do our best.

The staff and management at Abbeyrose Nursing Home have been excellent from the first day mam was a resident. All have been very friendly and caring to my mother but equally have taken the time to talk to her relatives when ever we visit. Nothing is too much trouble for them and we think mom is responding well to the high quality of care she is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Abbeyrose Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Serena Williams, Manager at Abbeyrose Nursing Home responded to this review on 14 Jun 2016:

Thanks for your kind review. We try and do our best.

Submit a Review for Abbeyrose Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Abbeyrose Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Abbeyrose Nursing Home