Island Court

Bourne Street, Woodsetton, Sedgley, Bilston WV14 9HN

Island Court Care home is a care home providing nursing care within easy reach of the three cities of Dudley, Wolverhampton and Walsall.

All rooms have modern facilities and ensuite bathrooms. Residents are encouraged to personalise their rooms by adding pictures and other furnishings to ensure they feel relaxed and at home in their own space.

The experienced care team is committed to providing the very best care and proactively promotes a lifestyle, with a balanced diet and a great focus on person-centred care.

The home has a number of spacious communal areas where people can meet to socialise, take part in activities or host visitors, family and friends.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Susan Geary-Campbell (Care Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 55 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Panjabi, Punjabi

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Internet Access

Island Court is situated off the A4123 Birmingham New Rd roughly half way between Wolverhampton city centre and Dudley town centre.

Visitors welcome anytime.

Free on-site parking.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Island Court: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Island Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Island Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.586 for Island Court is calculated as follows: ( (135 Excellents x 5) + (83 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 222 Ratings = 4.586

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Island Court is based on 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11 positive Reviews (55 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 19 Reviews ÷ 11 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Island Court has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.586) from 19 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Island Court?

Reviewer Connection to Island Court

Island Court is a very well run home with plenty of staff.

The staff are very professional and caring.

The home is clean, warm and food is excellent. All cooked on site.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 06 Nov 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Island Court, all feedback is greatly appreciated and I will certainly pass your comments onto the team, they will be very pleased. We strive to provide the best care possible and have each resident’s person-centred care at the heart of what we do.

I like the home here. It's nice and I like living here. The people are nice and friendly and I like the entertainment as well. I like the food and the music and games.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 06 Oct 2017:

We are delighted that you have shared your perspective on your home and to leave a positive review. As you have experienced the staff strive to be nice and friendly to each resident and provide the best care possible and we are pleased that you enjoy the music and games that are put on.

This care home is very friendly - the staff are always willing to help with questions. The matron is always approachable. The care home is very clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Likely

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review for Island Court, this makes a big difference to our staff and to our home. I will share your comments with our team who will be very pleased.

Very pleasant home, very friendly people. Care very good, all staff are very dedicated. Plenty to do, lots of activities.Plenty to eat and drink, the food is lovely. I wouldn't want my mother anywhere else.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Island Court, we are always pleased to receive feedback and pleased that you are happy with our home for your mother. We are pleased to read that you are happy with the mealtime experience, as we strive to create a pleasing environment with good quality food for our residents to enjoy.

My mother-in-law has been in the home for over 12 months and I can only speak as I find. She's looked after with wonderful care, she's on the residential floor and there is always lots going on. I'm happy with the care she receives, she's happy, content and always smiling.
She enjoys the food and says there is plenty for her and she loves the activities as there is always something going on. As a family, we find this lovely to see them all enjoying themselves.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Island Court. All comments greatly appreciated and I will certainly pass yours onto the team. We strive on providing the best care possible for each of our residents and try to make them happy and feel as at home as possible. We are pleased to read that your mother enjoys the activities available in the home, we try to put on a full range for each individual’s likes and interests so that all residents have something to enjoy.

I am very pleased with the home.
All in all, I know where to go if I have a problem, and I am listened to.
Nine times out of ten the issue is resolved.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Island Court. All comments are greatly appreciated and I will pass these onto the team. We are pleased to read that most of your problems get resolved straight away, we are always striving to find new ways to do this quickly and efficiently.

The home is very clean and always smells nice compared to other homes I have visited.
It is very welcoming and the staff are helpful and friendly.
The matron is a star and always helps solve any issues, however minor or important.
My mother seems happy and content here.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for our home, Island Court. I will certainly pass your comments onto the team. The staff strive to be helpful and friendly and deal with issues quickly and efficiently to make the home as welcoming as possible to all residents and their relatives. We are pleased very to read that your mother is happy in her home.

Very helpful, really nice and couldn't as for anything better for my brother.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Island Court, we are always pleased to receive positive feedback and I will certainly share it with the team, they will be very pleased.

I have found that during the last 16months mum has been here, that she has been cared for with the utmost respect. All the staff are very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Likely

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review for Island Court, we are always pleased to receive feedback and I will share your comments with the team. We strive to provide the best care possible and have each resident's person-centered care at the heart of what we do.

From what I have seen, my grandad really enjoys being at the home. He's happier and has come out of his shell more, often speaking of the staff and other residents.
The staff always talk to you and answer any questions. The entertainment is good, keeping everyone occupied.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Island Court, all comments are greatly appreciated and I will certainly share yours with the team. We are pleased to hear that your grandad has settled in well to the home, the staff strive to make all residents feel at home and we make sure we have a full range of activities available to cater to all different interest and likes.

Very nice residence. All the staff are polite and friendly always chatting to everyone.
The food and rooms are nice and always clean. Fish Fridays are the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 04 Oct 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Island court, we are always pleased to receive feedback and I will certainly share it with the team. We strive to be as friendly as possible to make the residents feel at home at all times and we are pleased to read that you are happy with the mealtime experience, as we strive to create a pleasing environment with good quality food for our residents to enjoy
Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager

Overall good experience. Staff friendly and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Likely

Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 20 Sep 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Island Court, all positive are greatly appreciated and make a huge difference to our staff and the home. I will certainly pass your comments onto the team.

My great auntie has been in Island Court for just over a month now and in that month I have seen a big difference in her. She's happy and mainly cared for by the staff, I tend to visit my aunt every week and whenever I turn up she always looks happy and alert. I can honestly say this home is lovely the staff are all friendly and make time to talk with you and my auntie likes it here.
This is her 3rd resident home in two years and I see her do everything. She says the entertainment is lovely, she enjoys the singers and she likes to join in with the activities daily, her favourite being the sing along and talking about her past life.
She also says the food is lovely and always has a good breakfast. We as a family can only thank Island Courts staff for making her part of their home. There are no concerns which is good for us as we were very worried when we had to change her care. A VERY BIG THANKYOU TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 22 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review on Island Court, we appreciate all comments as they make a huge difference to the home and the staff, I will be sure to pass them on to the team. The staff strive to provide excellent care for the residents and I am glad to hear that your aunt is benefitting from this and that you can see a change in her already. We have a wide range of activities that cater to all residents different likes and interests and it’s always nice to hear when residents enjoy these and we are pleased to read that you are happy with the mealtime experience, as we make great efforts to create a pleasing environment with good quality food for our residents to enjoy.
Kind regards, Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager

Mom is well looked after. Staff are good and friendly. Her room is lovely and she is very happy here. She enjoys the food and activities. She always talks about them. She also likes the sing alongs and her bingo. We have no worries here for my Mom.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Susan Geary-Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 18 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for your review on Island Court, your positive comments are much appreciated. The staff here are always striving to make sure the residents are well looked after and we provide a wide range of activities to suit all different interests. I am pleased to hear that your mum is enjoying her time in our home and I will be sure to tell the team.
Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager

I can only speak as I find. My mom has wonderful care, excellent support. I cannot thank the staff enough for what they do for her. She is happy and content.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 14 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Island Court, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. I am pleased to hear your mum has received good care and that she is happy in the home, the staff are always striving to provide excellent to support to the residents.
Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager

The care that my nan is receiving is excellent - she seems very happy and well looked after here.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 09 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Island Court, it makes a massive difference to the home and our staff. I will pass your comments on to the team who will be very pleased.
Sue Geary-Campbell, Home Manager

I think the care at Island Court is faultless. My grandmother is looked after at the same level of care, morning, noon and night. The activities coordinator is always doing different things with them each day and I believe that is a good skill to have when some of the residents are bedbound, such as my grandmother.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Thank you for the positive review on Island Court, it is greatly appreciated by the team and I will be sure to pass your comments on. I am pleased to hear that your grandmother is receiving excellent care as the staff strive on providing this for all of the residents. There is a full programme of activities in place, which aims to meet the many different interests and likes of our residents and it’s great to hear that your grandmother is taking part in them.
Sue Geary-Campbell, Home manager

My mum moved here on the 10th March 2017. The manager and staff have made my mum very welcome and comfortable. They have been very amenable and to out of their way to make mom feel at home and us as a family. My family and I know we made the right choice.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Susan Geary Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 11 Jul 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review Island Court. I am pleased to hear that you feel the staff have made your mum feel welcome and comfortable. We aim to create a home feel and its great to hear you felt that the staff have gone out of their way to make your mum feel at home and also you all as a family. Kind regards

I arrived on the 10th March to make this my home. Everything was clean and fresh and the staff who met me made me feel very welcome. I arrived just before lunch and was provided with a lovely meal. Up to now, meals have been excellent and varied and well presented. When shown to my room it was very nice with a bed, wardrobe and 2 sets of drawers. My family arrived with some of my personal possessions and it soon looked homely. The staff have all been very friendly and caring, nothing too much trouble for them. The lady who does the entertainment is lovely and tries her best to entertain us.

How likely would you be to recommend Island Court? Extremely Likely

Susan Geary-Campbell, Home Manager at Island Court responded to this review on 25 Jul 2017:

We are delighted that you have taken the time to share your perspective on your home, Patricia, and to leave a positive review. As you have experienced, the staff strive to provide the best care possible for you and each resident, and we are pleased that you feel that you have settled in well and that you are happy with the home.
Susan Geary-Campbell, Home Manager.

Submit a Review for Island Court

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Island Court

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Island Court