Doulton Court Care Home

Alford Road, Sutton-on-Sea, Mablethorpe LN12 2HQ

Doulton Court Care Home is located in Sutton-on-Sea, on the edge of Mablethorpe, and is within easy reach of shops, amenities and public transport. Maplethorpe Shopping Centre is just three miles away.

Various care needs can be catered for at Doulton Court. The home offers residential care for older people who need an extra helping hand in daily tasks, nursing care including: dementia care, specialist care and end-of-life care. Intermediate care is also available for those who need support after leaving hospital.

Outside the home has a secure courtyard area with a fish pond which is a calm and tranquil area for residents to enjoy. The seafront is only a short distance away for those who wish to get out and about.

Bedrooms are all well equipped and tastefully decorated - residents are free to decorate their rooms to ensure they are as homely as possible.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Joyce Turner (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lincolnshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 41 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Doulton Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Doulton Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Doulton Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.448 for Doulton Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (137 Excellents x 5) + (86 Goods x 4) + (24 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 248 Ratings = 4.448

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Doulton Court Care Home is based on 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.2 positive Reviews (41 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 17 Reviews ÷ 8.2 Target Reached = 1

9.4 Doulton Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.448) from 21 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Doulton Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Doulton Court Care Home

• Mother of Resident/Service User
  • Partner of Resident/Service User

My son is happy at Doulton Court Care Home. I am his mum and very happy with his care.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Marketing at Doulton Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 May 2018:

Thank you, Olive, for your comments about your recent experience at Doulton Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care.

Satisfactory in all departments ie cleanliness good (no old peoples home odour, which is good). Friendly and caring staff. (One talks too fast for mother to follow), food generally seems good but difficult to chew I'm told.

Mother seems to have settled into Doulton Court Care Home routine Ok, I'm pleased to report.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Doulton Court Care Home responded to this review on 31 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your comments about your recent visit to Doulton Court Care home. We are pleased to hear your overall experience has been so positive. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Have a great day.

Clean and tidy appears to be enough care. Food not particularly good, looks bland. Several requests for alternatives have been ignored I.e does not like fish, chicken yoghurt etc. Still gets given this food.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Doulton Court Care Home responded to this review on 05 Feb 2018:

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your views. All of the staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and we are disappointed to hear that you feel this has not happened in your case. We appreciate all of your comments and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss this further with you. Please reach out to us at the home to arrange a meeting. Thank you once again.

Mum is happy and comfortable, She has a nice clean, tidy room and gets well looked after by the nursing staff. We are more than happy with the service provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Doulton Court Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Bob, for your comments about your recent experience at Doulton Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I had a tour of the care home prior to my mother's arrival here and was more than satisfied with what the home had to offer for my mother's needs. She is totally bed-bound, so is reliant on the care staff for her every need. In my view, she is getting everything she requires. The staff do hourly checks on mum as well as giving her medication at the prescribed time.

The staff are friendly and polite and will answer any questions you may need answering. It is clean and tidy and I feel lucky to have got my mother into this establishment.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Alan, for your kind comments about Doulton Court Care Home. We are pleased to hear it has been such a positive experience! We really appreciate you letting us know how we are doing and look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a lovely day.

The staff are very good. They check up on her regularly which makes her feel more confident coping with her illness. This has been her first Christmas at Doulton Court. The Christmas dinner was really lovely and we really enjoyed the special time together and were made to feel very welcome. Attention to detail still continued through helping the residents and family enjoy their Christmas.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Dawn, for your comments following your recent experience of Doulton Court Care Home. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and are happy to hear your experience has been so positive. We are pleased that you enjoyed the Christmas dinner too, it was a fantastic day! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Staff are friendly and caring and Mother is kept as comfortably as possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Doulton Court Care Home responded to this review on 25 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Alan, for sharing your recent experience of Doulton Care Home. We're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care!

Since my wife has been in this care home since March last year I've come to see her most days 11am until 4pm and I've found all staff doing a brilliant job. I've seen that nothing is any trouble to them. They leave no stone unturned - nothing is too much trouble to them.
I cannot fault them at all, they are the tops.
Doulton Court as I've seen the home - is the best.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Gordon, for sharing your recent experience of Doulton Court Care Home. We really appreciate you letting us know how we are doing and it is great to hear that your experience has been so positive. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a wonderful day.

I am very pleased with the care my husband receives. He has settled in very well.
I have a settled peace of mind knowing he is well taken care of.
The staff are very good and caring.
I would definitely recommend The Doulton Care Centre.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at Doulton Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here and appreciate all of your feedback. We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Doulton Court is a very clean and friendly environment. I cannot fault my father's bedroom but I do feel that the lounge could be made cosier. I know it is a nursing home but it feels more like a hospital. Communication between staff does not always see to happen, whether the information is not always recorded or passed on. Meals don't always look very appetising. I would definitely recommend the home and it is the best in the area.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Kate, for taking the time to leave us feedback about your experience at Doulton Court Care Home. We are pleased to learn that your overall experience has been so positive but would welcome an opportunity to discuss your points raised in more detail with you. We always look for ways to improve our services. Please reach out to us at the home upon your next visit. Thank you once again.

My mum has been at this residence for the last 4 years and is very happy and settled here. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. There are quite a lot of activities going on here. If I have any concerns about my mum's health, I only have to ask a member of staff. They will let me know straight away or will find out for me from someone who knows.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Tina, for your comments about your recent experience at Doulton Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We really appreciate your praise and kind comments about our team. Thank you once again for the kind comments, and have a fantastic day!

I find the staff are friendly and helpful towards my Mum and myself, although, on some occasions, I feel they are under-staffed and cannot attend to mother's needs. The care home itself is always clean and warm although some attention to the decoration in the resident's rooms could be needed. I feel my mother is happy and content with her living arrangements. All questions are answered as soon as possible and will contact us if there are any problems.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Doulton Court Care Home responded to this review on 23 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Josephone, for sharing your experience of Doulton Court Care Home. We appreciate you letting us know how we are doing and are pleased that your overall experience has been so positive. We always look at areas where we can improve and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your comments further. Please reach out to us at the home where we will be more than happy to discuss your points as we strive to provide complete satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care.

Doulton Court is a friendly and safe environment. The staff are helpful and cheerful towards my Mum. The rooms could be decorated as they look a bit tired. The rooms always look clean and tidy. I always feel that there could be more staff. There are many activities for the residents to get involved with which is good for stimulation and making friends. My Mum seems happy with the staff and say they are always polite. The food on the trolley always looks good.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Likely

Thank you, Katherine, for your comments about your recent experience at Doulton Court Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. We always look at areas to improve even further. Please reach out to us upon your next visit and we will be more than happy to discuss your comments as we aim to provide complete satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you soon. Have a wonderful day.

I am well looked after and cared for. My needs are dealt with and all the staff are very nice and treat me with care.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Doulton Court Care Home responded to this review on 19 Oct 2017:

Thank you for sharing your experience of Doulton Court Care Home. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It is very rewarding to hear that you are enjoying life as part of our family here at Doulton Court Care Home. Have a wonderful day!

The care and attention given to residents and families and friends is excellent.
My mother has dementia but her carers talk to her as though she is like anyone else and they appear to really care about her.
Gives us (her family) reassurance and peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

All the staff make sure all my dads needs are met, he is happy and content there.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have had several relatives in various homes and I have found Doulton Court to be one of the best. Staff are always very welcoming and seem to care very well for my stepfather.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Consider it well run and friendly staff, extremely helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum was discharged from hospital into the care of Doulton Court on March 16th 2017. The manager and staff have been wonderful to my mum and are trying so hard to help her to get back to where she was eight weeks ago and hopefully go home. Just walking into Doulton Court is a pleasure, all the staff are so friendly and the atmosphere is comforting and relaxing. They have all been so kind with my mum visiting dad and myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

He gets A* treatment, cannot fault the cleanliness, the politeness and every aspect of the home, the staff are very friendly and help in every way possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Doulton Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was admitted into Doulton Court from hospital in December 2015. She was quite poorly but her health has improved and staff have helped her to adjust to life in residential care. The manager is excellent. She is approachable and responsive to any issues raised. We also have confidence in the nursing staff who work to a very high standard. Mum's level of care is generally good and she is treated with respect which is important. Housekeeping and maintenance of the home is also good. There is a new activities team in the home which mum hopes to take full advantage of. Mum is physically frail but remains mentally alert. She feels Doulton Court is a good home and can provide the care she needs at present.

Submit a Review for Doulton Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Doulton Court Care Home