Eliot House, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire

Eliot House, in Gainsborough, is registered for twenty-nine service users, with provision tailored towards mental health complications, including for adults with learning disabilities and also for clients diagnosed with dementia.

All carers are highly qualified and resourced to achieve high standards of care, respecting the privacy and dignity of all involved and valuing feedback from family and loved ones of residents.

Group: MPS Care Group

Person in charge: Shanti Rampal (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Lincolnshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 29 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Eliot House: click here

9.8 Eliot House has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.831)

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Eliot House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Eliot House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.831 for Eliot House is calculated as follows: ( (148 Excellents x 5) + (30 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 178 Ratings = 4.831

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Eliot House is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 5.8 positive Reviews (29 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 5.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Eliot House?

Reviewer Connection to Eliot House

The last place I wanted my father to spend the last years of his life was in a care home. However, after he was sectioned due to dementia the authorities had total control of his future and decided he required permanent nursing care 24 hours a day. Everything was out of my control except for the choice of his care home, which was not easy.

After visiting several homes, Eliot House was chosen by my sister and myself as the best option. Therefore the reason for me writing this review is to say that, despite my unease and concern about him being placed in residential care, after visiting him once or twice a week every week over the last two years, I have been very impressed with the manager and her team of staff in all areas of care. Also, my father has settled unexpectedly well into the home and he has always stated that he has no complaints about the way he is looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

After visiting my parents for the first time, my husband and myself were very impressed with the care that was being provided and also the most efficient and professional way the nursing home was being run.
All the staff we met were lovely, very kind and caring and could clearly see how well my parents were being looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

I visit my mother every Sunday when I can and you are always made to feel welcome. Everywhere is clean and tidy and the staff are brilliant, always letting me know how my mother has been during the week, nothing is too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

Since moving into Eliot House about a month ago my parents have settled extremely well and their overall health and demeanour has also improved greatly. The standard of care they are getting along with the meals and activities provided is exceptional. Everyone at the nursing home seems so friendly and encouraging. My Mum has even been encouraged to do some knitting which is something she hasn't done for many years. My parents also really enjoy and take part in the weekly singalong sessions and were delighted with a recent trip out to a local garden centre. We are all very relieved, as a family, to know that they are being so well looked after and to know that there is plenty of expertise on hand should there be any medical issues.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

My elderly parents moved into Eliot House about a month ago, initially for a trial period of 3 weeks to see how they got on. In less than 24 hours they decided that it was definitely the place to be. The transformation in both of them is amazing. Smiling and happy all the time and enjoying the interaction with the other residents and the friendly carers and the activities that are organised for them. The freshly cooked food has been a real hit with them and provides a much more balanced diet than they had previously. They have the privacy of their own double room when they wish and the security of knowing carers are available to see to their needs day and night. My family are delighted to have found Eliot House and can't thank all the staff enough for making my parents and our family so welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

Staff are very friendly and welcoming. The care my husband receives is excellent.
The food is good, the building is kept clean. I would not hesitate to recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

No complaints, only praise. Staff are 1st class, food excellent nd the place spotless. My wife is being cared for extremely well. Very pleased indeed with Eliot House.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

The love, care and kindness shown consistently to mum was at all times excellent. The quality of personal care meant that as a family we were relaxed and comfortable about mums stay in Eliot House. The staff always welcomed us with a smile and offered us a drink whenever we visited. A great team.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

I cannot fault the care received by my father in law from the staff at Eliot House. I visited my aunt in two homes over the previous year and would have wanted to move her to Eliot House had this been an option at the time.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

My father went into Eliot House in January 2016, after my mum(his carer) became ill. Whilst it was a stressful time for my parents and the wider family, all of the staff gave my mum and dad incredible help and support. To add to this, the emotional and physical care given to my dad was always to a very high standard. My father died two days ago and the love, care and compassion he and we received in his last few days was exceptional. I would like to thank everyone at Eliot House from the bottom of my heart, for making this very difficult time, a safe and serene experience to say our goodbyes.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

I cannot recommend Eliot House highly enough; the setting is lovely and the staff so caring and friendly. They were very kind and patient with my lovely Dad and looked after him so well when we were unable to provide the care he needed. They encouraged him to eat, walk and join in with activities even though we had struggled with the latter for many years! We were always made to feel very welcome and all the staff went out of their way to help - nothing was ever too much trouble.
In his final days they continued to ensure he was well looked after and medical care was provided to keep him comfortable. At the end it was a great comfort that, although they remained entirely professional, they were able to express the genuine affection they felt for him. The residents are not just 'clients'.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

My wife has been a resident of Eliot House since May 2015 due to her alzheimer's disease. The house is always clean, light and airy. The staff are cheerful, polite and always alert. You don't have to search for a staff member. My wife is always presented in a smart and tidy way whenever I visit. She has severe communication problems and the staff are alert to this and very helpful. The activities provided include day trips and visits to garden centres plus live musical entertainment. The food is excellent and management staff are helpful and informative. On the whole, I am more than satisfied for the safety and comfort of my wife.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting my father at Eliot House for over 2 years and I am impressed with the quality of care he receives. All members of staff treat the residents and their families with respect and compassion. They make a point of really getting to know each resident and plan activities linked to their interests. Before my father arrived, they asked about his favourite colour and decorated his room to suit his personal taste, in order to make it feel like home.
When my father first came here, he was seriously under weight and unable to walk, Thanks to the patience and support of the staff he is now able to walk a short distance and he has gained weight. My mother visits most days and always feels welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

Conducted with every point explained fully, given every chance to question how my husband would be affected. Encouraged to voice my worries about the future care, the review was lengthy and in depth.

How likely would you be to recommend Eliot House? Extremely Likely

I chose Eliot House for my step-dad because he was not being cared for in his previous home (near Newcastle) and I wanted to keep a closer eye on him. I live 2 streets away. He was weak, hungry and filthy when he arrived. Management at Eliot House immediately raised a safeguarding issue against my step-dad's former home. They photographed and treated his wounds, bathed him, fed him and ensured he was comfortable. My mother was even allowed to sleep in his room for the first week. Dad immediately gained weight and his spirits were lifted. All the staff went beyond their duty to get to know him. This is the first home I have been in where the staff really are interested in their resident's well-being. Every time I walked in, the carers were sat with the residents, chatting and encouraging them to participate in activities. There was always someone in his room checking on him and closely recording his progress. When my step-dad was dying, his carers came into work to see him on their days off. They were not phased by his unwanted behaviour as his mind was failing. They kissed him and showed genuine affection. His death was terrible due to Parkinson's and Dementia. The staff wept for him and comforted my mother. They talked her through every stage of his illness. They fed her and advised her. We were at our wits end until we found Eliot House. I cannot fault the caring team of staff or the facilities available. Both my mother and I highly recommend this care home.

Submit a Review for Eliot House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Eliot House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Eliot House