Berry Hill Care Home, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire

Berry Hill Care Home is located in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, and is a purpose-built 59 bedded property offering nursing, residential, day care, respite and end-of-life care.

Care workers pride themselves on a welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Chefs at the home pride themselves on knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. Home managers and staff work to put kindness at the heart of everything they do.

Residents at Berry Hill Care Home have access to a choice of lounges which overlook the garden and feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. Residents are invited to bring items of furniture and personal belongs such as ornaments and pictures to help personalise their bedrooms.

Person in charge: Jane Clinch (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 66 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Berry Hill Care Home: click here

posted 14 Feb 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.2 Berry Hill Care Home has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.220)

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Berry Hill Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Berry Hill Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.538 for Berry Hill Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (143 Excellents x 5) + (57 Goods x 4) + (18 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 221 Ratings = 4.538

The 4.682 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Berry Hill Care Home is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.2 positive Reviews (66 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 13.2 Target = 0.682

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Berry Hill Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Berry Hill Care Home

• Partner of Resident/Service User

My Room is lovely and the food is nice. The cleaners make my room nice and tidy. The staff are very friendly and kind to me and the other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was a resident at Berry Hill for a few days for end of life care in October 2016. I speak as a senior doctor who has provided care to many hundreds of patients over many years; I have also taught what "good care looks like" to doctors and nurses for many years so I am writing both as a family member as well as a senior health professional. My father received excellent care for the few days he was at Berry Hill. Staff were caring, considerate and highly professional ensuring that my father was well cared for as well as that we as the family were looked after as his life ebbed away. I am also conscious that necessary arrangements were put in place to ensure that emergency medication was at hand, should it have been needed as well as that the home were clear on my father's wishes. Can I thank all the staff for their consideration, care and professionalism at a very difficult time for us.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lack of communication to the home to service users relative in all matters.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Don't know

Treated with Dignity: Poor

HC-One, Careline Team at Berry Hill Care Home responded to this review on 27 Sep 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We really value the feedback provided by those who use our services.
There is a new Home Manager in post and regular Resident and relative meetings are scheduled throughout the rest of the year with times and dates displayed. The next meetings are scheduled for Monday 3rd October and card invitations have been sent to relatives who do not live nearby and have been distributed to all Residents within the home and have been left in the coffee shop for visitors. The Home Manager operates an open-door policy and holds Home Manager surgeries every week with dates advertised in the home’s reception area.

My room is always clean and tidy. The cleaners come in every day to clean my room. The food is that good that I feel like a bacon pig. I enjoy the activities in the home. The staff are friendly towards me and very kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is nice and tidy, the cleaners do my room every day, the staff are friendly, always have a smile for me. The food is nice, it meets my needs as being a vegetarian. The lounge is nice where we do activities. It's got a lounge TV for all of us to see.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I came here following a bad fall (2015) after home carers (who were very good) it was decided that I should come here as my sister was already here after a stroke.

Rooms: Poor

Mum moved in Monday, so far so good. We had concerns about her appetite, but since here seems to be doing well and enjoying her food, especially the puds! Staff very friendly and trying to be as helpful as possible. Nothing seemed to much trouble. Family very satisfied.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would like to say how happy Berry Hill Care Home took care of my friend. All staff were very good with him. Praise to them all he was quite happy right to the end.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Can't really be faulted. Very welcoming. Very clean, Staff very attentive. Excellent all round. Never any unpleasant smells. Highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like my room because its downstairs don't have to go upstairs. The staff are all good to me. My meals are very good and tasty.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

As a family we would like to express our sincere gratitude to all the staff at this home for the care and compassion shown to our mother and ourselves at this difficult time in our lives. All the carers and nursing staff without exception kept my mother clean and comfortable 24 hours a day for the whole 13 weeks that she was there. They made us all very welcome on our daily visits in particular were understanding and sympathetic to all of us on the day our mother passed away. We would have no hesitation what so ever in recommending this particular home.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mostly friendly staff (rushed). Some excellent well done all. Food excellent well done staff, and of course the chef couldn't fault any.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

My room is a very high standard. The food is excellent, meals are on time. The staff are very friendly to me and respect my wishes for when I need to go for a cigarette.
The big lounge where I socially meet other residents for my meals is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

I came into the home as I had operation on both feet so came to Berry Hill to be able to get support to mobilise so I can go home. The staff have been brilliant, really kind and sociable, food was ok but I like to cook so wasn't as good as can be. The home manager was lovely, always smiling. I'm glad to be going home but thank you Berry Hill.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

My father came here at the end of April, and my mother joined him at the beginning of June. My dad came for end of life care and has since picked up well. My mum came with very bad bed sore as she is now making a good recovery. I am very pleased with their care here at Berry Hill and I feel a lot better in myself knowing that they are being very well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

I have found the staff to be pleasant, helpful and always seem to have the best intentions of the residents at heart. Sometimes I worry if no-one is in the lounge but appreciate staffing difficulties. I think residents activities have improved and with the interest of the individual needs of the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Likely

Mum has been here for over 5 years. In that time the staff have always treated her, dad (when he was alive) and us with the utmost care.

All made to feel welcome anytime. Always kindness to resident. I can always get a meal if I need one.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Extremely Likely

Like the room, have a chat to staff when they call by. Like looking out of the bedroom window. Like the staff on all levels from care to kitchen staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Berry Hill Care Home? Don't know

Submit a Review for Berry Hill Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

March 2014

2014 Care Home Team Award Winner

Recipient: Berry Hill Care Home

Date: Wednesday 26 Mar 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Berry Hill Care Home