Lawn Park Care Home

Lawn Park, off Lucknow Drive, Sutton-in-Ashfield NG17 4LS

Lawn Park Care Home is situated in the middle of Sutton in Ashfield overlooking parkland and a boating lake. The home is close to shops, amenities, public transport and the M1 motorway.

This purpose built home provides accommodation in single occupancy rooms, all of which are with en-suite facilities. Some rooms are spacious enough for sharing.

Lawn Park is tastefully decorated and provides TV lounges and several quiet sitting rooms for residents to relax and socialise in. A conservatory overlooking the pretty garden is also available. Meals are taken in the separate dining room, where residents can enjoy the company of others while dining. Meals are prepared using fresh produce and are based on traditional home cooking with daily choices. Special diets can be catered for.

Complementary therapies can be arranged for residents if required. Regular visits are made to the home by an experienced hair stylist and a qualified chiropodist.

The home provides a varied programme of activities for residents and a highly skilled activities therapist is in attendance.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Rosalind Kennedy Brown (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 49 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Facilities & Services: Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Lawn Park Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Lawn Park Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Lawn Park Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.832 for Lawn Park Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (214 Excellents x 5) + (30 Goods x 4) + (6 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 250 Ratings = 4.832

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Lawn Park Care Home is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 9.8 positive Reviews (49 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 9.8 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Lawn Park Care Home has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.832) from 21 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Lawn Park Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Lawn Park Care Home

Lawn Park is a lovely clean, friendly, caring home. All staff are lovely, everything is done to a high standard and they all work very hard.
All the residents are friendly, also the manager is very kind and caring, she always makes everyone welcome and you can speak to her about anything.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lawn Park Care Home responded to this review on 21 Feb 2018:

Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent experience of Lawn Park Care Home. We are happy to hear it has been so positive! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and your praise and kind comments about the team here really means a lot to us. Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

I found the staff very caring, always shown dignity towards my dad, always made him comfortable. His room was always clean and tidy, they really looked after him. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lawn Park Care Home responded to this review on 30 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Christine, for your comments. We're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at Lawn Park Care Home. Our number one priority is the care and well being of every resident, so it is rewarding to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Thank you once again for sharing your experience. It means a lot to us.

The home is very professionally run. The staff are very friendly. The meals my father had always looked nice, nothing was too much trouble for all the staff concerned. He was always made comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Gary, for your comments about your recent experience at Lawn Park Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here and your praise and kind comments about our team really mean a lot to us. Thank you again for such wonderful feedback.

My father was treated with respect and care by the staff at Lawn Park Care Home. The nursing care enabled him to remain in situ rather than have repeated admissions to the hospital which we very much appreciated. We cannot speak too highly of his care which allowed him to end his days in dignity and with compassion. This is a really excellent home with genuinely caring staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lawn Park Care Home responded to this review on 24 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent experience at Lawn Park Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is rewarding to hear that you felt supported by the team here. Thank you once again for the wonderful feedback.

My mother was a resident of Lawn Park Care Home until her death in December 2017. I have nothing but praise for the care and compassion she was shown during her final months it was a great comfort to know she was being well cared for.
I have the utmost respect for the nurses, carers and all involved in looking after her and will be forever grateful for their hard work and diligence in her final days.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the care home to others requiring similar needs for their loved ones.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lawn Park Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Alan, for your kind words about Lawn Park Care home and all of the staff here. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and it is rewarding to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Your praise and kind comments about the team really mean a lot to us. Thank you once again for the kind words.

My husband and I came to have Christmas dinner with my dad as he is unable to come to us. We were made to feel very comfortable and welcome. The meal was lovely - excellent job by the chef. All the staff are very friendly and accommodating - nothing is too much trouble. My dad is treated with care and respect and the staff listen to any requirements we have. They make what is a difficult time somewhat easier and I know my dad is being cared for and I am kept informed of any changes.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Gillian, for your comments about your recent experience at Lawn Park Care Home. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Christmas dinner with your Dad at our home and really appreciate your praise and kind comments about our team. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care!

I am very happy with the care that has has been given, the service and all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lawn Park Care Home responded to this review on 18 Oct 2017:

Thank you, Michelle, for your comments about your recent experience at Lawn Park Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I came to Lawn Park in September 2017 after 14.5 years in another care home, the welcome I got from all the staff soon got rid of any nervousness I felt when I first arrived, from the home manager and every member of your outstanding staff, give this place a fantastic homely feeling. The staff in this home are a credit to your company.
You only have to look around the home to what it is like, the quality of diet you get is outstanding, myself being a diabetic.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lawn Park Care Home responded to this review on 12 Oct 2017:

Thank you, William, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Lawn Park Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Very pleased. Treated with respect, kindness and understanding from everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lawn Park Care Home responded to this review on 20 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Eunice, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Lawn Park Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

Mum was forced to go into a care home due to Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and various other problems. Since becoming a resident of the care home, she has improved and become less withdrawn and we firmly believe she is improving and happier every day. This is due to the excellent staff in the home. Their attitude to the care of their residents is exemplary. Thank you so much!

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Lawn Park Care Home responded to this review on 11 Sep 2017:

Thank you, James, for your comments about your recent experience at Lawn Park Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care your Mum receives. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

I had visited several nursing homes in Sutton and Mansfield and was disappointed with what I saw. Lawn Park was recommended to me so I called and made an appointment. On my visit I was seriously impressed from the on-set, my first impression was that there was no smell which was a big thing for me. All other homes had smelt strongly of urine.

My overall view of the home was excellent and very clean. Staff are extremely helpful, lovely people. I had a choice of room, the food looks excellent, activities and intermingling is also excellent. I was very worried when I was told that my uncle had to go into a nursing home, but after 1 week I am so pleased I picked Lawn Park as my uncle is very happy and settled. I would highly recommend Lawn Park.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have now visited this home on several occasions to visit my mother and have been impressed with all staff I have seen and spoken to.
everyone has been very kind and courteous and friendly to me and very respectful to my mum. Very friendly staff who make a lot of effort to make everyone welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum has been in Lawn Park since February 2015. She is very well cared for and this is a great peace of mind, nothing is too much trouble. All staff, management, care, domestic treat mum with dignity and respect. My thanks to all for the care given to mum on a daily basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband was discharged from hospital to Lawn Park. The manager and staff have been fantastic in their efforts to settle him in when he was clearly agitated and confused (due to his dementia).
They couldn't have tried harder - which was more than evident to his family.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

After initial reservations, I soon settled in comfortably. The only issue I would recommend is for a minibus be provided for the use of residents excursions. Any other issue has been implemented.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Great staff, they care for her and help her everyday duties with kind regards for her well being. Lawn Park is a building of age but clean and warm. Good menu and tasty food. We feel that some days she needs help with eating her meals.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care is good, the staff are wonderful. The lift has broken several times over in the past 6 months leaving residents stranded in their rooms. There is often no hot water and there is no shower. One bath is available for 25 residents and due to staff shortages and lack of hot water, my mother often goes for several weeks without a hot bath. The food is average and nutritious. Biscuits and hot drinks are provided at regular times.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Likely

Staff are excellent. My sister is in a nice room where she can see outside. Any problems are sorted out quickly.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

It is not easy having to move into a care home but everyone has made me feel welcome. My husband is wanting to move in here with me when he can no longer manage at home and there is a room available.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum moved to Lawn Park in March 2015. The manager and her team are fantastic, mum is well looked after and cared for. A big well done to all, I am at ease leaving mum in your care.

How likely would you be to recommend Lawn Park Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with how my husband is being cared for. They are all excellent.

Submit a Review for Lawn Park Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Lawn Park Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lawn Park Care Home