Mill View Care Home

Bridgeman Street, Bolton BL3 6SA

Mill View offers a range of care services that ensure the right level of care is provided for each resident. Whether staff are helping people to remain as independent as possible or providing complete nursing care, the home will be able to cater for each individual’s needs. Care is available for short or long term requirements and includes dementia care and palliative care.

Mill View comprises of six spacious houses; each house has its own dining room and lounge for residents to enjoy spending time in. All houses have access to the large gardens and bright conservatory and patio area.

Tasty meals are cooked in the home daily, as well as homemade cakes which are served every day with afternoon tea.

The home has several clubs which residents are encouraged to get involved with to continue a hobby, or even start a new one. Clubs include flower arranging, painting and gardening.

Group: Advinia Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Cheryl Wildman (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 180 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Gujarati, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mill View Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Mill View Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 25 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mill View Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.656 for Mill View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (208 Excellents x 5) + (79 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 299 Ratings = 4.656

The 4.472 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mill View Care Home is based on 17 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 36 positive Reviews (180 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 17 Reviews ÷ 36 Target = 0.472

9.1 Mill View Care Home has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.128) from 25 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mill View Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Mill View Care Home

Just to say how much I am impressed with the care and attention I find the staff most diligent and caring. On a personal note, I find staff most helpful if I have to ask about my brother I always get an update on his wellbeing. I find Mill View Care Home most clean and fresh. I have been on numerous occasions visiting gardens and coming along to meetings.

Activities - very much up to par!!

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like this care home for my dad because it is the only home Dad has settled in. He is very happy and safe in Mill View. Dad always enjoys his meals and eats well. Dad is also very supported by all staff involved.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Likely

My father had a brief stay in Dove house, Mill View recently before passing away. The staff in the home were always helpful and very welcoming. I live some distance away so would often call to speak with my father over the phone. Enabling this to happen was an additional task in their day. I found they tried as much as possible to make this happen and showed an awareness of how much it helped him to communicate with us.
I know how hard it can be to care for the different needs of residents and felt the staff there strove to achieve this whenever possible, treating dad with the dignity he deserved.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been more healthy since being in Mill View Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with the care my husband receives in Martin House. The staff are very good at understanding his complex needs. I am satisfied with the care he's getting.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with this care home, however, I think there should be more staff at night time.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father is well cared for in the home, he is settled and always appears to be content.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very good caring staff. I fee reassured leaving my husband in their care. Nothing is too much trouble, will go out of their way to make people comfortable.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mill View Care Home cares for my dad. Since he has been there, he has settled and is well looked after. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

In my opinion, my dad has come on leaps and bounds on Martin House all the team are caring and helpful well done to them all. Nothing is too much trouble. Thank you from all my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband was admitted December 29th, 2016 and settled in immediately. The standard of care from both staff and management is excellent and friendly. If a problem does arise we are informed immediately.

It is generally a warm inviting atmosphere and even the residents who cannot partake in activities are involved in personal interaction with the staff. I am pleased to say that on days I cannot visit, I know he is being well cared for which in turn gives me peace of mind. I would like to thank all concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I like the staff and the way they support me when I come. Everyone is very supportive and I am happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care home offers a very caring environment. They treat all residents as individuals and are aware of their differing needs.

All staff are very friendly both towards residents and relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is always clean and looked after. She is happy and comfortable. The staff here are very good to residents and their families. We have never had any issues in the three years she has been here.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have always thought the staff in Mill View Care Home are excellent management to kitchen staff. They go out of their way to help you and keep you informed about all aspects of my partner's care. I cannot fault them in any way.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

This review only covers my experience when the care home was under the control of previous owners.
We have always felt that my mother was looked after well and the staff react positively whenever issues are raised.
They have all seemed to be very caring and willing to help.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Likely

My grandma has been a resident of Mill View for a few years now and I have found the staff to be very helpful, caring and totally committed to the care and needs to all residents. The home is always very clean, warm, friendly and inviting whenever you go. My grandma has always been very well looked after and is very happy with the home that she has settled in. I would definitely recommend this home to anyone that might be looking for a lovely place to retire.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your response. It is nice to know that your Grandma is happy and settled at the home and that you and your family have peace of mind knowing that she is looked after and happy.

All our family are pleased with the excellent care that our mother received at Mill View Care Home The staff are all very helpful and caring and the management all very informative of any changes and our Mother was treated with respect at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 10 Apr 2017:

This home has amazing care standards both for the residents as well as the families. They could not do enough for us as a family when my mother in law was passing away. They gave us privacy as well as continuing to care for mum. Not easy with having a large family. When we had the funeral we drove through Mill View as a mark of respect as this was the place she was so happy. What greeted us was amazing. Staff and residents were waiting with flowers. We as a family were blown away. We can't thank you all enough. Thank you, Dove.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 09 Feb 2017:

sorry to hear of your lose please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I think the staff at the home are lovely, they care for the residents with dignity, patience and compassion. My Mum has regular contact with all our family members and we know she is well cared for and safe. Atlas House is exemplary, they cared for my mother-in-law for 4 years until she passed away and their care was most outstanding. They are wonderful and we are so thankful to them all.
I would just like to say how amazing the staff are at Atlas House. My Mum has been in since 2014 Sept which was a very traumatic decision for me and my family to decide as our gorgeous Mum could no longer cope and was falling down all the time. Your staff have truly cared for our precious Mum and I feel so thankful to have chosen this home. They treat all residents with care, dignity and compassion. They are true stars!!
The Management team are organised, attentive to my Mum's medical needs and always keep me fully informed. I sleep at night because of Bupa's excellent care. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

I visit my wife two or three times a week usually at different times i.e 7am - 7pm. Also, I attend meetings organised by the management. I have observed the staff doing their daily duties and I am very impressed. They are the nicest courteous caring loving people you could ever wish to meet. The meals are delightful I am having my Xmas dinner with the residents and staff. If I ever go in a care home I want to go to Mill View Care Home Bolton.
During my working life I worked as a service engineer in hospitals and care homes, so I know something of the subject.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 24 Oct 2016:

My mum passed away on the 21st August in Martin House, on day 10 of her fight for life. The staff in this section are truly amazing. They made her comfortable right to the end. She was pain-free. The staff regain your confidence in care homes as there are so many bad stories these days. They genuinely care about the people and their families. More than a job to them. There are quite a few younger members of staff in their early 20s who must make their families so proud. I can't thank the staff enough for helping me through this process.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 25 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I would like to express our appreciation to the wonderful staff at Rutland House. We visited so many homes to ensure that our lovely Dads needs were met and it is such a big responsibility to get it right knowing that his future is in your hands. On visiting Mill View I was greeted and shown around by one of the nurses who was very professional and appeared very caring. The staff on duty that day were welcoming and I felt very reassured that this could be the right place.
Dad has been resident since September and all the staff are fantastic, hard working and nothing is too much trouble.

Would like to say a big thank you for supporting us all !!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has late stage dementia and the team in Martin House have managed her complex needs with compassion and skill. She is well taken care of with great patience and kindness. Many thanks to the House Manager and his team.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum is currently a short term resident at Mill View Residential & Nursing Home (Martin House). I always find the staff most helpful and kind. They always do their best to answer any questions I may have, and look after mother to the best of their abilities. Staff are very helpful in getting mother ready when we take her out on little outings into Bolton.
I am Very happy with care provided. Staff are excellent. I feel my mother is in excellent hands and this gives me piece of mind at this difficult time. Its a pleasure coming to visit knowing my mum is in safe hands.

Thank you Mill View for all your help and looking after my mum, highly recommended indeed.

Submit a Review for Mill View Care Home

posted 19 hours ago

residential

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mill View Care Home