Mill View Care Home

Bridgeman Street, Bolton BL3 6SA

Mill View Care Home, Bolton, Greater Manchester

Mill View offers a range of care services that ensure the right level of care is provided for each resident. Whether staff are helping people to remain as independent as possible or providing complete nursing care, the home will be able to cater for each individual’s needs. Care is available for short or long term requirements and includes dementia care and palliative care.

Mill View comprises of six spacious houses; each house has its own dining room and lounge for residents to enjoy spending time in. All houses have access to the large gardens and bright conservatory and patio area.

Tasty meals are cooked in the home daily, as well as homemade cakes which are served every day with afternoon tea.

The home has several clubs which residents are encouraged to get involved with to continue a hobby, or even start a new one. Clubs include flower arranging, painting and gardening.

Group: Advinia Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Cheryl Wildman (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 180 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Gujarati, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mill View Care Home: click here

8 Mill View Care Home has a Review Score of 8 (8.039)

The Review Score of 8 (maximum of 10) for Mill View Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mill View Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.3 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.733 for Mill View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (91 Excellents x 5) + (26 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 120 Ratings = 4.733

The 3.306 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mill View Care Home is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 36 positive Reviews (180 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 36 Target = 0.056

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mill View Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Mill View Care Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

My grandma has been a resident of Mill View for a few years now and I have found the staff to be very helpful, caring and totally committed to the care and needs to all residents. The home is always very clean, warm, friendly and inviting whenever you go. My grandma has always been very well looked after and is very happy with the home that she has settled in. I would definitely recommend this home to anyone that might be looking for a lovely place to retire.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your response. It is nice to know that your Grandma is happy and settled at the home and that you and your family have peace of mind knowing that she is looked after and happy.

All our family are pleased with the excellent care that our mother received at Mill View Care Home The staff are all very helpful and caring and the management all very informative of any changes and our Mother was treated with respect at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 10 Apr 2017:

This home has amazing care standards both for the residents as well as the families. They could not do enough for us as a family when my mother in law was passing away. They gave us privacy as well as continuing to care for mum. Not easy with having a large family. When we had the funeral we drove through Mill View as a mark of respect as this was the place she was so happy. What greeted us was amazing. Staff and residents were waiting with flowers. We as a family were blown away. We can't thank you all enough. Thank you, Dove.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer servicies administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 09 Feb 2017:

sorry to hear of your lose please accept our condolences. Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I think the staff at the home are lovely, they care for the residents with dignity, patience and compassion. My Mum has regular contact with all our family members and we know she is well cared for and safe. Atlas House is exemplary, they cared for my mother-in-law for 4 years until she passed away and their care was most outstanding. They are wonderful and we are so thankful to them all.
I would just like to say how amazing the staff are at Atlas House. My Mum has been in since 2014 Sept which was a very traumatic decision for me and my family to decide as our gorgeous Mum could no longer cope and was falling down all the time. Your staff have truly cared for our precious Mum and I feel so thankful to have chosen this home. They treat all residents with care, dignity and compassion. They are true stars!!
The Management team are organised, attentive to my Mum's medical needs and always keep me fully informed. I sleep at night because of Bupa's excellent care. Thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

I am very pleased with the 'Martin Unit' at Mill View Care Home, they provide a caring and friendly atmosphere towards the residents. I was worried when it came to the time for my husband to go into care, but I needn't have been. He has settled in there now and is quite happy to be there. The staff are brilliant with the residents and treat them with respect in caring for their needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I visit my wife two or three times a week usually at different times i.e 7am - 7pm. Also, I attend meetings organised by the management. I have observed the staff doing their daily duties and I am very impressed. They are the nicest courteous caring loving people you could ever wish to meet. The meals are delightful I am having my Xmas dinner with the residents and staff. If I ever go in a care home I want to go to Mill View Care Home Bolton.
During my working life I worked as a service engineer in hospitals and care homes, so I know something of the subject.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 24 Oct 2016:

My mum passed away on the 21st August in Martin House, on day 10 of her fight for life. The staff in this section are truly amazing. They made her comfortable right to the end. She was pain-free. The staff regain your confidence in care homes as there are so many bad stories these days. They genuinely care about the people and their families. More than a job to them. There are quite a few younger members of staff in their early 20s who must make their families so proud. I can't thank the staff enough for helping me through this process.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Mill View Care Home responded to this review on 25 Aug 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

I would like to express our appreciation to the wonderful staff at Rutland House. We visited so many homes to ensure that our lovely Dads needs were met and it is such a big responsibility to get it right knowing that his future is in your hands. On visiting Mill View I was greeted and shown around by one of the nurses who was very professional and appeared very caring. The staff on duty that day were welcoming and I felt very reassured that this could be the right place.
Dad has been resident since September and all the staff are fantastic, hard working and nothing is too much trouble.

Would like to say a big thank you for supporting us all !!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has late stage dementia and the team in Martin House have managed her complex needs with compassion and skill. She is well taken care of with great patience and kindness. Many thanks to the House Manager and his team.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum is currently a short term resident at Mill View Residential & Nursing Home (Martin House). I always find the staff most helpful and kind. They always do their best to answer any questions I may have, and look after mother to the best of their abilities. Staff are very helpful in getting mother ready when we take her out on little outings into Bolton.
I am Very happy with care provided. Staff are excellent. I feel my mother is in excellent hands and this gives me piece of mind at this difficult time. Its a pleasure coming to visit knowing my mum is in safe hands.

Thank you Mill View for all your help and looking after my mum, highly recommended indeed.

Submit a Review for Mill View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mill View Care Home