Laurel Court Care Home

1a Candleford Road, Palatine Road, Didsbury, Manchester M20 3JH

Laurel Court Care Home, in Didsbury, offers nursing care in a homely and stress-free environment for up to ninety service users to pursue better health with the aid of skilled carers.

Some of those welcomed by the service's personalised care packages include users with cerebral palsy, Crohn's disease, motor neurone and Parkinson's.

Occupants enjoy telephone and television points in their own rooms, a varied activities programme and a close proximity to nearby amenities.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Manchester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 91 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Laurel Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Laurel Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Laurel Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.681 for Laurel Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (86 Excellents x 5) + (29 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 119 Ratings = 4.681

The 4.275 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Laurel Court Care Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 18.2 positive Reviews (91 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 18.2 Target = 0.275

9 Laurel Court Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (8.956) from 10 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Laurel Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Laurel Court Care Home

• Relative of Resident/Service User

My father recently moved to Laurel Court. He doesn't have dementia but he is very confused most of the time and has poor eyesight and very little mobility. The staff on his floor are wonderful. They are kind and helpful, always cheerful, no matter what is going on. I feel that they really make an effort to look our for my dad and make time to chat with him. I can't visit often as I live abroad so knowing he is getting such kindness and care means a lot to me. The staff always make me welcome too when I visit. I want to also mention the manager who manages the home with care and efficiency.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Our mother has lived in this care home for almost a year and seems to be very happy.
When she first arrived here she was not very well and quite anxious. However, due to the excellent care and attention she has received, she is now very relaxed and enjoys her time. The staff are all very caring and professional.

The management always responds promptly to any issues. Would recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Everyone at the home, from cleaners, carers, chaplain, manager and clerical staff are so helpful, caring and nothing seems too much trouble.
My mother has settled in well due to this caring environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Laurel Court provides a very caring and compassionate environment. As a goddaughter who lives many miles away. It is so reassuring to know that my godmother is being so well cared for. The care plan profile is very comprehensive and diligently completed on a regular basis. Nothing is too much trouble for either resident or visitor. It is a comfort to know that the quality of care is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Due to my mother being a permanent resident she gets a lot of support from all the carers, especially her key worker. As she has suffered from dementia for quite a few years now, this is necessary. They do such good work, looking after all the residents that are here. She has been at Laurel Court for 3 years now and does appreciate all that is done for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Judith Lathey, Home Manager at Laurel Court Care Home responded to this review on 30 May 2017:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our service. It is very important to all of us here to try and make sure that our residents living with dementia have the personalised service that each person needs. I will be pleased to pass your views to the care team who look after your mother every day, I know they will be happy that you feel they are providing the support she needs.

I became a resident of Laurel Court four months ago having previously lived independently with the help of regular visits by carers. After a series of health issues, I decided that I needed additional care and support. I am very pleased with the personal and friendly manner of the staff who deliver the care and support to me. I feel very secure knowing that help is on hand around the clock if needed whilst I am free to do as I wish at all times. I am able to continue with my hobbies of oil painting and watching sport on TV in my room. In summary, I feel very much at home here and very well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Likely

Judith Lathey, Home Manager at Laurel Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 May 2017:

Thank you so much for adding your review, I am very pleased that you feel comfortable and well cared for at Laurel Court. I am sorry that your review of our catering is not as positive as your experience of the care. I hope you will agree to discuss with our Hospitality Manager and myself to see how we can improve this for you.

Mum has been resident at Laurel Court for just over a year. She is very happy and settled and enjoys her time there.
All staff show high standards of care, attention and genuine affection for the residents.
In all my family and I are content with my mum's care and are very grateful to have found such a comfortable home for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Likely

Judith Lathey, Home Manager at Laurel Court Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Thank you so much for giving your views on our Home. It is always a pleasure to care for your mum as part of our community.

I am delighted with the care that my wife is having at Laurel Court in Withington.
They made a considerable improvement to my wife's condition and her well being.
It is a great weight off my mind and she is very happy and contented in the home.
My wife had given up living and was neither eating or sleeping when she was at home and would have died within weeks had she not left our home.
She now sleeps well, has put on over 2 stone and is very content in the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Judith lathey, Home Manager at Laurel Court Care Home responded to this review on 03 May 2017:

Thank you for your review, I will be sure to pass on your appreciation to the team. It's always a pleasure to welcome you and your family into our community.

I cannot put into words the compassion, empathy and professionalism the staff in this home have for their service users. I witnessed all the staff going that extra mile for their service users and their families. It was a pleasure to have my father in law spend his last few months of life with such wonderful caring people. You are ALL a credit to the caring profession and thank you so very much from the bottom of our hearts. As a ward manager myself in an NHS hospital, I would not hesitate at all in recruiting any of the lovely staff who work at this home and especially from the Burton Suite. Please never change the way you care, your jolly attitude and your compassionate empathetic natures. Thank you for all you give to those people coming to the end of their lives. It was a pleasure knowing our father/husband/grandad had the best care at the end of life. Again, thank you so very much.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Judith Lathey, Home Manager at Laurel Court Care Home responded to this review on 04 Apr 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind and very moving words. I am very proud of my team and the way they demonstrate the values so important to MHA in our care for our residents, and their families. I will certainly make sure I pass your review on to all the team.

People like myself are reliant on the care their partners receive. I am then happy with the way both she and myself are treated.

How likely would you be to recommend Laurel Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

Judith Lathey, Home Manager at Laurel Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 Mar 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am very pleased that we are providing a service that supports residents and their families.

Submit a Review for Laurel Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Laurel Court Care Home