Stamford Court, Stalybridge, Greater Manchester

Conveniently close to the centre of Stalybridge, Manchester, Stamford Court is a friendly care home offering nursing care.

This warm, welcoming home offers several places in which to relax, dine, exercise, socialise and be creative, with lovely views of Stamford Park. In addition, the hairdressing salon is also very popular. The pretty, enclosed garden with patio, which is cared for by some of our Residents, is another cherished spot, ideal for relaxing in the sunshine and spending time in the company of friends and family. All stylish and comfortable bedrooms and living areas are easily accessible by wheelchair.

The home’s caring team has created a lovely family atmosphere, encouraging everyone to eat, celebrate and plan special occasions together. Residents are invited to decorate their rooms with small items of their own furniture and treasured belongings so that it feels just like home. Daily life is thoughtfully designed to support mind, body and soul.

Person in charge: Bobbie Wright (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Stamford Court: click here

posted 31 Oct 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability for nursing residents.

9.3 Stamford Court has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.262)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Stamford Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 18 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Stamford Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.262 for Stamford Court is calculated as follows: ( (106 Excellents x 5) + (75 Goods x 4) + (13 Satisfactorys x 3) + (10 Poors x 2) + (6 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 210 Ratings = 4.262

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Stamford Court is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Stamford Court?

Reviewer Connection to Stamford Court

After a long battle with many illnesses, my mom of 88 years of age finally agreed to live in a facility where she could receive 24-hour care. As an independent person all her life this was a difficult decision, but thankfully she was allowed to be as independent as possible during her short stay. My mom received the palliative care she needed but never felt she wasn't in charge. The room was nice and we personalised it with items from her home photos and plants. The view of the garden was nice although she was unable to go outside she loved to see the flowers and weather. My mom was quite a feisty no-nonsense lady but I have to say she was always treated with respect. Any questions or concerns were handled diligently, promptly and respectfully at all times.
I will always be eternally grateful to all the staff and management of Stamford Court for providing the comfort, safety and care to my mom in her last few weeks. The compassion showed to me after she passed was heartwarming.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

I found Stamford Court exceptionally good and updating me with information about mum and were really on the ball when it came to her being unwell. I didn't need to tell them, more often than not they had already dealt with it. The staff were very good with my mum and would have no doubt in recommending this nursing home. It was very clean and bright and a nice atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

My husband has been in Stamford Court for over 6 years and if I wasn't satisfied with his overall treatment, I would have moved him by now. Therefore, I am happy and relieved that he is getting the kind of care I expected. The staff are brilliant - hardworking, caring and friendly. Whenever I have had any issues or needs to discuss anything in particular, I feel that I am listened to and confident that they will be resolved. I go to the home most days so I see a lot of staff and am happy therefore to give my honest view.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

Stamford Court was selected for 24-hour nursing care for my mother after looking at other nursing homes.
She settled in very quickly after admission on 3rd March 2017.
The staff were friendly and very professional and co-operative and addressed the needs of my mother very quickly.
Despite the fact that my mother cannot communicate in English the sign language used was understandable by my mother.
The facilities are good, specifically, we were impressed with the cleanliness preserved.
We are pleased that entertainment wise there is a TV in her room and she spends time in the lounge with other patients.
We are pleased that her vegetarian needs are met.
Overall we are delighted with the care and support by the staff at Stamford Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

Staff were caring and helpful. The rooms were pleasant and we couldn't wish for our mother to be anywhere better and believe me we tried up to finding Stamford. Staff did go out of their way to help us and make life easier for us all. The food was excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

I was very happy with the home and it's surrounding it has a warm and friendly atmosphere with highly professional staff who were understanding and very caring to my sister's needs from the beginning to the end. I highly recommend Stamford Court as I could not find any reason for complaint.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

From the first telephone call to today's date, everyone has done their utmost to be so helpful and kind, not only to mum, but to all the family.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased with the home myself and my family chose for my husband. After a very stressful and emotional time recently at home and after over 50 years marriage, he has unfortunately deteriorated due to his dementia and mobility after a fall. Stamford Court has been wonderful with him, myself and the family helping with his needs and keeping in touch including the office who have been a godsend when dealing with the financial side. It is so lovely to see my husband smiling again. We just couldn't provide the care he needed at home, but Stamford Court seems to be excelling it this and cannot fault the care provided. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

My Father has been a resident of Stamford Court for 2 Months approx. As a family we made the hard decision to relocate my dad as his dementia had got worse plus after a fall, breaking his hip and a very long stay in Hospital, we tried to care for him at home but just couldn't cope. During his time in the home, I cannot rate it high enough. I am overly pleased with the care given and the communication by both carers and office staff. The office has been excellent at helping us deal with the financial side at this emotional time, liaising with professionals and keeping us informed. I can honestly say so far my fathers time in the home has helped after a very stressful time at home and we have seen a massive difference in him and overall mental state. I can see the home is trying to put new activities in place plus the new furniture makes a big difference. I would definitely recommend the home without a doubt.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

I was appalled by every aspect of this place and extremely so by the apparently easy scoring system that can result in a rating of "Good". I would suggest not to even consider any place with that rating. The smell in the place is very strong and imprints itself on clothes after sitting in the chairs. Mum had a terminal brain tumour and had mental symptoms similar to dementia but with additional physical issues including inability to control bowel movements and was also diabetic. On my visits, the staff were never aware of any conditions. They were woefully understaffed such that mum and other residents were regularly left for 10-40 minutes waiting for their attention. The general feel was that there were residents sat around without any attention, stimulation or any element of friendly contact. Some staff were positively uncaring and unresponsive. An issue with faeces on the carpet (itself understandable and not avoidable) was left for more than 2 days despite requests for cleaning.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Unlikely

Staff: Very Poor

Activities: Very Poor

Management: Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

HC-One, Careline Team at Stamford Court responded to this review on 02 Mar 2017:

Firstly we would like to apologise for failing to meet your expectations during your mothers stay at Stamford Nursing Home.

We have replaced all chairs in the home,
We have discussed at length individual care plans and now have a robust communication procedure in place. The home has recruited a number of new staff including permanent nurses so the home is less reliant on agency nursing staff.
We would again like to apologise for occasions where there were delays in care and understand these issues were raised formally by you and dealt with under the complaints procedure.
We have now employed an activities coordinator so we have activities over 5 days per week.
We have implemented a number of staff engagement strategies in the home including encouraging the kindness in care philosophy which is part of the values of HC –One
We have implemented thorough cleaning schedules in the home and have replaced the bedroom carpet.

I am well satisfied with my wife's care and conditions. She seems to be happy and content in her new surroundings. Small niggles; her clothes and belongings seem to come and go erratically from her room. (I need to speak with the lead carer about this). Recently my wife did not have her glasses and I reported this each day for three days, she had her glasses on the fourth day!!

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We really value the feedback provided by those who use our services.
We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your wife’s care and that she has settled well into the home.
We have located the missing clothing items. We have put a system in place to check that your wife’s glasses are now available on a daily basis.

The staff at Stamford Court treat my Mum with dignity and respect, they are so very caring and patient with other residents. Having worked as a Care Assistant with disabled people, I can see that the staff are well supervised and offer a high level of care borne out of intrinsic caring and good training. My Mum is really happy there and I feel she is in safe and loving hands, that means everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

Staff are trying their best to help my dad with his end of life care.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Likely

My dad is immobile and fed by a peg tube. The only time I have contact one to one is usually when I have had to complain about something. In this care home there are not enough staff members including cleaning staff. There are far too many agency staff in this care home and they are not bothered, although there are a couple who are very good and kind. There is a regular member of the night staff who is not very kind to my dad. My dad has had his buzzer taken off him by staff on two occasions and given the wrong medication once (we as a family are still deciding whether or not to go to the CQC about these issues).

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Unlikely

Management: Poor

Rooms: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Meridian, careline at Stamford Court responded to this review on 07 Jul 2016:

Concerns around the use of agency staff at the home have been highlighted. HC-One aims to deliver the kindest possible care to all our Residents, and we know how important it is to provide continuity of care with friendly and familiar staff members to support each Resident. We are committed to delivering this vision through recruiting, training and staffing our homes with all permanent carers and nurses.
As such, the use of Agency staff is only permitted in our homes when all other options to fill a staffing vacancy, or sickness absence, have been explored.
The use of agency staff is the action that we will take to ensure that there are enough staff on duty when we have tried all other avenues. The national shortage of nurses has meant that we have had to use agency staff more than we would ideally wish to, but we continue to recruit nurses and we are committed to ensuring that there is a full and trained team in the home.
We expect our homes to be clean, safe and pleasant places to live at all times. We have investigated the issues raised and we are confident that new management arrangements and enhanced quality monitoring processes have been effective, and we are grateful for the further feedback from the Reviewer that tells us we are getting this right.

Caring and friendly staff. Manager helpful and informative. Carers for all the staff, patients and family, can ask any questions and will always get an answer. All equipment needed was made available.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Likely

My dad lived at Stamford Court for eight months until he passed away. During this time my dad was very happy, the care he was given was exceptional, the staff made sure that my dad's needs were met with a smile and nothing was too much trouble. The warmth and kindness the staff showed me and my dad was there in everything they did for us. I was able to go and see my dad at any time during the day or night and always found him being cared for and happy and safe. If I was able to score Stamford Court out of 10 for everything the staff did for my dad and myself I would give them a 10. Thank you to all the staff at Stamford Court.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

My grandfather moved into Stamford Court in Sept 2015 when his care needs became too great to remain at home. He has settled in fabulously and the staff have been superb with him. I would highly recommend this nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Stamford Court? Extremely Likely

Our mother spent 3 and a half weeks at Stamford Court after a few months of illness and several admissions to hospital. Our aim was to build her strength back up and to get her used to walking again. From our first meeting with the manageress we felt happy, confident and reassured that our targets would be met. Everything that the manageress promised was fulfilled and we cannot speak highly enough of the way she helped our mum settle in and make her feel at home. In addition, every single member of staff was kind, helpful and friendly. Our mum actually felt like she was leaving her friends when she left yesterday. Thank you for everything.

Submit a Review for Stamford Court

Recipient: HC-One

Recipient: HC-One

Bobbie

Bobbie Wright

Joined: 2016

Introducing Bobbie Wright
Home Manager at Stamford Court, Stalybridge

What does kindness mean to you?

“I believe that kindness means offering love and delivering care to someone as if they are a member of your family.”

As a Registered Nurse, Bobbie has over 15 years’ experience in providing care and support for older people to enrich their lives. She is a knowledgeable and dedicated leader who is passionate about delivering the highest possible standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Bobbie joined Stamford Court as Home Manager because she closely shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She uses her experience to motivate her team to deliver care and support in a way that Residents gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby organisations and is always quick to welcome the local community to Stamford Court.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Bobbie remarked: “I love any opportunity to spend time with our Residents and their families.”

Outside of work, Bobbie enjoys nothing more than sitting down with a good book.

If you would like to find out more information about Stamford Court, Bobbie has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Stamford Court