Grange Nursing Home

18 Grange Drive, Heswall, Wirral CH60 7RU

The Grange Nursing Home is located in the heart of Heswall. Established for more than 50 years, the home offers a wealth of experience in providing for the needs and welfare of its residents.

The Grange's philosophy is founded on the firm belief that each resident deserves the right to privacy, dignity and independence. This creates a genuine warmth and care within the home.

Group: Rico Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Joanne Teeling (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 32 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Welsh

Weekly Charges Guide: , Personal Care Shared (per person) £500 – £600 Nursing Care Single £595 – £695 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) from £567 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Grange Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Grange Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Grange Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Grange Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.838 for Grange Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (98 Excellents x 5) + (19 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 117 Ratings = 4.838

The 4.781 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Grange Nursing Home is based on 5 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6.4 positive Reviews (32 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 5 Reviews ÷ 6.4 Target = 0.781

9.6 Grange Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.619) from 10 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Grange Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Grange Nursing Home

The Grange was a comfortable, secure environment for my aged mother. The staff were reliable, friendly and really looked after her and in turn me too.
As it turns out, they were more diligent than the medical services and went beyond what could be expected for care workers. Since I have only one mum and it was our first experience of a care home neither of us knew what to expect, however, they were very experienced and helped us enormously. I know that, despite my mum's grave misgivings upon leaving her lovely flat, she actually needed the care of a trained and conscientious team. The Grange in Heswall achieved this. I can thoroughly recommend them to anyone who needs a loved one to be cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been a resident at The Grange for 2 years. During that time he has been exceptionally well cared for, treated with warmth and dignity. He is always well dressed and his personal needs well met. The staff are unfailingly caring, friendly and professional in their dealings with my husband, myself and my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Very friendly and homely atmosphere. Staff are kind and helpful and very good with the patients. Lots of lovely things arranged for the patients. All in all, extremely good.

The only problem is getting through on the phone and getting in at the main door.

How likely would you be to recommend Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The best care home, providing an amazing family feel. My father aged 47 lived at the home for just over two months due to terminal brain cancer. Any wish he had was met in the home whether it was his room, or his food etc. All the carers were like friends to him, especially two carers and the manager. All residents are friendly. Couldn't praise this home anymore, they catered for my dad as he was so young compared to normal residents. Lovely place and will continue to call in when passing although my dad is no longer alive. 100% recommend!!

How likely would you be to recommend Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have been a regular visitor at the Grange over the space of the last two years as my very close friend has resided here.
I note a previous reviewer mentioned communal areas have aged and a cosmetic upgrade would be more inviting.
I would comment in return; "don't judge a book by its cover".
The room I visit is nice, the staff and management work very, very hard. They have achieved and can pride themselves with an esteemed level of dignified care. The home also offers stimulating activities and very good food.
I would also add, the staff have always been welcoming and approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I can only praise all the staff who are so caring, compassionate and kind to my wife.
My wife is very settled and happy in the home, despite wishing she was home. I know that she is being dignified, cared for and loved by everyone. This is very comforting to me.
The only thing I would pick up on is, parts of the communal areas at the home, in my opinion, would look brighter after a cosmetic upgrade, although in defence, it is always tidy and smells pleasant.
On my wife's behalf, I'd like to thank all the staff and some exceptional fellow residents for making her settled and relaxed.

How likely would you be to recommend Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

We have so far been very impressed by the care provided. The team are very welcoming and friendly. Nothing is ever a bother or too much to ask. One particular nurse visits every day to read a daily article that she knows my mum enjoys.

How likely would you be to recommend Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Mum simply loved the care team. She'd robotically repeat how grateful she is the way she was looked after. I, at time, would tease Mum that she spoke about the care staff more than she spoke about me!!

I'd recommend all those seeking exceptional care to join this fantastic family!

How likely would you be to recommend Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My Dad has only been at the care home for a short while but during this time he has settled and is really happy here. Had been experiencing mild depressions at home and has now really started enjoying life again.

My Dad repetitively comments how he finds all the carers and staff to be attentive, polite, caring, and patient.

In my opinion, I find the staff inviting, and friendly. They listen to relatives and implement what we ask, and most importantly will always do so with a smile.

The home is a clean, inviting and clearly a well-run place.

The manager has done a fantastic job in ensuring the home is run to the highest of standards, in all areas.

Would highly recommend!!

How likely would you be to recommend Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but praise. My Mum resided in the Grange from March 2015 until July 2016. She was well cared for by carers and nurses alike. They were always cheerful and demonstrated endless warmth and patience. The home is well kept and clean!
The manager is professional, kind and easily approachable. I could not have wished for a nicer place for Mum.
My family join me in expressing endless gratitude for the outstanding service we received at the Grange.

Submit a Review for Grange Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Grange Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Grange Nursing Home