Mother Redcaps Care Home

Lincoln Drive, Wallasey CH45 7PL

Mother Redcaps Care Home is a purpose-built care facility specialising in nursing, residential and dementia residential care. The site has a fantastic view of the River Mersey and promenade and has been of historical significance to the local community for hundreds of years.

The home currently plans and administers care to the most vulnerable of adults with a varied range of abilities and dependence. There is a qualified nurse on duty 24 hours a day and a great team of senior and care staff that are dedicated to meeting the needs of your loved one.

There is a small garden area that looks directly onto the promenade and shore and is wheelchair accessible. This is particularly enjoyable in the summer during maritime events and various charity events that pass the home along the Mersey.

Group: Cumbric Care Group

Person in charge: Stephen Fairley (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 51 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability

Admission Information: Social services funded, NHS funded and privately funded service users welcome. Ages 18+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Free parking on site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Mother Redcaps Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Mother Redcaps Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 22 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Mother Redcaps Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.674 for Mother Redcaps Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (197 Excellents x 5) + (43 Goods x 4) + (21 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 261 Ratings = 4.674

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Mother Redcaps Care Home is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.2 positive Reviews (51 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 10.2 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Mother Redcaps Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.674) from 22 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Mother Redcaps Care Home

Mum has just transferred from another home. We had some worries about moving her but the move was completely stress-free. We are delighted with the staff and care of my mother who appears more alert and conscious of her surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Stephen Fairley, Registered Manager at Mother Redcaps Care Home responded to this review on 11 May 2018:

Thank you for your kind words, and we are glad that you are happy that the transfer went well and your mother has settled in quickly.

My sister is given the highest standards of care by staff that are friendly, courteous and professional. I am happy in the knowledge that she is well taken care of within this environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Stephen Fairley, Registered Manager at Mother Redcaps Care Home responded to this review on 09 May 2018:

Thank you for your kind comments, I will pass these on to our staff.

Mum came to Mother Redcaps a very poorly lady. She's been restored to health and contentment by the caring and supportive staff. I'm very happy with the care provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Stephen Fairley at Mother Redcaps Care Home responded to this review on 17 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for your review, so pleased to hear how happy you are in the improvement in your mothers health. I will pass your comments on to the staff.

Verry happy with the way Mother is looked after. She seems to have settled down well.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your comments. I will pass these on to our staff.

Mum is receiving excellent care at Mother Redcaps nursing home in Wallasey.
Her key worker is caring, compassionate and respectful of Mum's dignity, as are all the staff.
My sister and I have met Mum's key worker and she is very approachable regarding any concerns we have.
Mum receives wonderful, loving care and has settled in very well following a move to the Dementia Unit.
Mum enjoys having her hair blow-dried and she is always dressed and presented well when we visit.
We are extremely happy and pleased with her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Steve Fairley, Manager at Mother Redcaps Care Home responded to this review on 12 Mar 2018:

Thanks for the positive comments regarding the care your mother receives at Mother Redcaps. I will pass on your kind words to her key worker.

Moved in on 27/6/17 from a hospital and liked it from day one.
Staff, care, food, medication and visiting = Fab.
I and my mum are very happy with her room and like the view of the Mersey.
Staff are very caring towards mum and are always available to change of needs.
Initially, I was worried about leaving her but 27 days on she is fine, happy and likes the attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

In my father's previous care home. Nobody seemed to know him or his personality.
Since coming to Mother Redcaps the staff have engaged him and found out his hobbies and interests.
My father has settled in well and he is happy. As a family, we have entrusted him to the home and we are blown away with the care he has been given and the staff's knowledge of dementia.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Steve Fairley, Manager at Mother Redcaps Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your lovely review. It is so nice to know the staff are appreciated for all the hard work and time and effort they put in, over and above. I will pass this on to the staff.

My wife has 37 years of MS. This is about 10-day respite care. Normally she has 4 daily and 1-night care visit by carers. She cannot feed herself and is not weight bearing. She has a medication pattern of numerous drugs. Mother Redcaps staff were amazing! Kind, warm and efficient and gave my wife loving care! The room was perfect, the food lovely and all aspects of safety and respect observed.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Steve Fairley, Manager at Mother Redcaps Care Home responded to this review on 28 Jul 2017:

We are glad you are happy with the care and facilities at Mother Redcaps and you are always welcome. I will pass your nice comments onto the staff.

Respite period for my mum, myself and my sister as mum's carers. I felt confident that mum was adequately cared for and mum enjoyed the experience so much she did not want to leave at the end of her stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Likely

My mum has recently moved into Mother Redcaps Care Home and I am very impressed with the place itself and all of the staff. The staff can't do enough for you which is reassuring at a time when I had to place my mum in care.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Steve Fairley, Manager at Mother Redcaps Care Home responded to this review on 21 Jun 2017:

Thanks for the positive comments, and I will pass these on to our staff.

I had a short stay which was most enjoyable. When I am ready to put my feet up and put myself in the hands of care, I will pick Mother Redcaps without a doubt.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thanks for your lovely comments. We hope you have settled back at home.

My husband moved his mum here over a month ago after her old home closed down, she has settled right in and enjoys it there. She says the food is great and she has lots to choose from. Her room is a decent size, modern with an en suite. The main lounge is big and decorated nicely with a great view of the River Mersey. The staff are great and happy doing their daily jobs.
The management are also great, nothing is too much trouble to them, we would recommend this home to anyone. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Steve Fairley, Home Manager at Mother Redcaps Care Home responded to this review on 11 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your positive response, and comments regarding the staff and management.

Experience of the home has always been positive. The staff have always shown to be committed to the care and welfare of my father. Now that staffing levels have been addressed we would recommend the home to anyone seeking similar facilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mums old care home told us it was closing down so after looking around various homes we found this place and was the nicest home we had viewed, the view across the Mersey from the rooms and lounges is lovely, the care staff are very nice and nothing is too much for them, the management are very nice and very helpful and again are happy to meet any requirements that are asked, mum says the food is lovely and plenty to choose from, my mum has settled in very well and really enjoys being there.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your positive comments. We have reviewed staffing levels, and this has been reflected in staff morale.

There have been some issues with management, staff and equipment which is not being addressed.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Likely

We are glad that your mother has settled well into our home, and that you are very happy with the home. The views across the Mersey are excellent. Thank you for your positive comments.

What a lovely friendly atmosphere this home has. The staff are second to none, the care and compassion they showed my mother was exceptional, nothing was a hassle to them, always on hand to give you any help and support the family required.
I can't thank you all enough for the support you showed us all.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

Couldn't wish for a more friendly and happy nursing home, the staff are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble for them.
Visitors are made welcome at any time day or night, and special thanks to the two carers for making my mum as comfortable and happy as they possibly can.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care my stepmother received during her short stay was excellent. The staff could not do enough for her and from day one, engaged with her and made her feel very welcome. That also applied to her family and friends. I was able to discuss her care and voice any concerns regarding her health.
Sadly, my step mother passed away but the care and compassion shown to her, and to me, in her final hours could not be faulted. Thank you all very much for being there at that sad time.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

As soon as we walked into the building we felt there was a loving atmosphere we have continued to feel this and are so grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

I felt supported and cared for The staff were friendly. If I needed help I felt that there were people around for me at all hours of the day or night. When I had an accident they were very professional and caring and made sure that I had the medical attention that I needed. I cannot think of anything that I did not like about the care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Likely

This home provided a rare facility for my son, he is only fifty two, need I say more! The attitude of this home is to be generous with us as we are very hands on and encourage us to look after our son. The residents are looked after by caring staff who work hard. Atmosphere is strong in this building and everyone is included. All in all us as parents are very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Mother Redcaps Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother came to Mother Redcaps, in September 2013, after my sister and I realised that she could no longer live on her own. Understandably, mum was reluctant to give up the home where she had lived for almost 50 years, but she eventually adjusted to life at Mother Redcaps. She has a lovely room, with superb views of the Liverpool Waterfront. The room contains furniture from her former home and is decorated with photos of family and friends. She has her own TV and telephone. All members of staff go out of their way to assist mum in every way possible, meaning that my sister and I can relax knowing that she is being well looked-after at all times. Her room is always clean and tidy, the meals she receives are consistently good and all her physical needs are met. The home keep in regular contact with mum's GP in order to monitor her medical condition. I would recommend the home to anyone looking for residential care.

Submit a Review for Mother Redcaps Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mother Redcaps Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mother Redcaps Care Home