Woodfield Grange Nursing Home

Saddleworth Road, Greetland, Halifax HX4 8NZ

Woodfield Grange Nursing Home is nestled in the Pennine Hills of West Yorkshire in the attractive village of Greetland close to Elland, and has recently been refurbished. Woodfield Grange offers personalised nursing and residential care along with respite & day care .

Group: Advinia Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Comfort Chibuye (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Calderdale Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 36 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Anytime

Visitor parking on site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Woodfield Grange Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.9 (maximum of 10) for Woodfield Grange Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Woodfield Grange Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.564 for Woodfield Grange Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (108 Excellents x 5) + (64 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 179 Ratings = 4.564

The 4.306 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Woodfield Grange Nursing Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 7.2 positive Reviews (36 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 7.2 Target = 0.556

8.9 Woodfield Grange Nursing Home has a Review Score of 8.9 (8.870) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Woodfield Grange Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Woodfield Grange Nursing Home

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

Over the years, I have watched dementia claim part of my grandma, but being in such a lovely nursing home, that offers her the quality of care she needs, helps immensely. It was her 96th birthday in October, and the staff made her a birthday cake, all decorated with candles. The joy in her face that day, as we all sang happy birthday, made me forget about dementia. It is these special moments, the staff find time to make happen, that make the home an excellent 'home from home' for my grandma.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodfield Grange Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with the care and hard work to look after my mother. She has a lovely clean bedroom. She is always nice and clean, well looked after, and she is very happy. Her carers keep her clean and well cared for.

My husband and I are very pleased with his brother's care and welfare. The under manager is very caring and understanding.

My husband was resident at Woodfield Grange for the last few months of his life. I couldn't have wished for better care for him. All the staff took an interest in getting to know each individual resident and did their best to make them happy and comfortable.
All this was done with great kindness and good humour.
the whole atmosphere of the home is most welcoming both for residents and family and friends alike. I was kept fully informed of my husband's care needs and consulted over any changes. Indeed, all the staff were a great support to me, as well as my husband, during a very difficult time. I can't thank them enough.

My mum has final stages Alzheimer's and has been in Woodfield coming up to two years now. She was in another care home in Devon before we decided to move her closer to my sisters and me.
That was the best thing we did. She settled in really well right from the start - thanks to the fact that the staff have always treated her with kindness and good humour. I cannot praise them enough.
They are very approachable and have been a great help to me when I've needed reassurance, offering empathy and sound advice.

Mum is so well looked after and content here. She is always spotlessly clean, her room is immaculate all the time. All the staff are really lovely and caring. We are really happy with all aspects of Woodfield Grange.

Woodfield's staff have provided my mum with the care and support she has needed. My special thanks for to the individual members of staff who have taken special caring concern and made me always welcome too.
I would recommend this care and in fact have just done so.

Mum is so looked after in every way. Staff are wonderful and very caring nothing is too much trouble. Manager always approachable and on top of everything. Receptionist is the first happy face that you see when you go in and it's very welcoming. Meals are great mum loves them. Always clean and a very happy place to be, could not wish for a better place for mum to call home.

Mum has been in this facility for 2 1/2 years. During that time her memory has deteriorated considerably and she has lost the ability to self-mobilise. The staff have coped enormously well with her changing situation and her bursts of tearfulness. Her physical health seems better than it has been for many years with the reassurance of the constant presence of trained staff interacting readily with community services. She is always clean and neatly dressed although she is now entirely a passive participant in these processes. Food is freshly cooked, ample in quality and attractively presented.

My mum had stage 4 melanoma which had spread to her lungs kidneys and brain, she had lost the use of her arms too. She had a stint in a hospice to stabilise her medication. Then we had to move her to a nursing home my mum wasn't happy there and complained of bullying and we had our own concerns too. So with the recommendation from two of my friends we moved mum to Woodfield grange nursing home. It was only for the final three weeks of her life, but we couldn't have been happier with the manager and her staff. Even though my mums needs were very complex and challenging at times their communication to me and my sister were second to none. They tried their best to make mums stay as comfortable and dignified at all times. Their communication to me and my sister were second to none. They tried their best to make mums stay as comfortable and dignified at all times, they were warm friendly and couldn't do enough for mum, me and my sister at such a traumatic and difficult time and we will be forever grateful to Woodfield for doing that. Just wish we could have got mum in sooner. We decided not to have flowers for her funeral but to give a donation instead, that's how grateful we are to the wonderful staff at Woodfield Grange. Thank you.

My mum was stage 4 melanoma when we managed to secure a place at Woodfield. We had a dire experience at another care home, so really I know what I am talking about. This care home is managed extremely efficiently. The main nurses are off the scale.
All of the staff were kind and tender in helping us deal with my mum at the end of her life. The food is excellent - home made cakes etc etc. My mum died at this care home and it was a positive experience. The management are organsied with paperwork, guidance and totally transparent. We were kept informed at all times.

All the staff are helpful and seem to treat residents with care and dignity. The nursing staff keep me informed about my aunties health and if they've any concerns which I'm grateful for.

Always around when available (the staff). Management always available. Staff can't be faulted in any situation.

A warm, friendly and very caring environment. All the staff were gentle, welcoming, warm, very effective communication between staff and genuine interest in residents and family. I felt totally reassured that they were caring for my mum and she was safe and well looked after.

I find the home overall very good but sometimes the lounge could be warmer in winter. This is because of the construction of the building not due to lack of heaters. On occasion the food is a bit lacking in choice and the evening meal is for what it is, ok. The toilet facilities could be better but are OK. The visitors room is often used by staff as an office, this causes problems if while visiting relatives one needs privacy, their bedroom has to be used instead, but overall we are very happy with the home and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodfield Grange Nursing Home? Likely

Submit a Review for Woodfield Grange Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Woodfield Grange Nursing Home