Victoria House, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Victoria House, Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Victoria House offers a homely and highly-skilled environment, providing support for both residential and nursing care needs, including for multi-complex and high-dependency.

The home has a tranquil feel and is furnished in a traditional style, ideal for inner calm while also being suited to adults with reduced mobility.

Residents are encouraged to be as active as they wish, with many interests and group sessions to enjoy as well as meals made professionally on-site.

Group: Care Homes UK Ltd

Person in charge: Tina Rowley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: City of Wakefield Metropolitan District Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 30 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Victoria House: click here

9.9 Victoria House has a Review Score of 9.9 (9.919)

The Review Score of 9.9 (maximum of 10) for Victoria House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 27 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Victoria House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.919 for Victoria House is calculated as follows: ( (296 Excellents x 5) + (26 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 322 Ratings = 4.919

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Victoria House is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6 positive Reviews (30 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 6 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Victoria House?

Reviewer Connection to Victoria House

Victoria House team are very special from carers, kitchen, tea ladies, managers and owners all make the residents happy to be there. The looks given from them to the carers are full of admiration and respect. Games, music and laughter between both and the same attention given to visitors. Lots of homes get bad attention which is upsetting. But not ALL homes are the same. Victoria House to my family are simply the best

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

I live in Dubai and it brings me great comfort to know my grandmother is so well looked after. Before moving to Victoria House, she was depressed, highly vulnerable and isolated. Now she is safe, interacts with others and generally her well being has improved. The staff treat residents like family and never make you feel unwelcome when you visit, always making time to update you even though they are clearly busy. Victoria House is always clean and never smells, which is something, unfortunately, that happens at other care homes I have visited. The staff have so much positive energy. It really is a great place for my grandma to live and I can't thank the staff enough for all the do for my grandma in my absence.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

The care and love that my mother in law receives from the staff at this care home is exemplary. We could not ask for more and we definitely could not nurse her as well at home. We really appreciate everything that is done for her to keep her safe, well and happy in her final years.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

I visit my mum frequently and I often sit for an hour or more at each visit, and I see quite a lot of the staff and the manager, I notice how they interact with the residents and family members.
I know a lot of nursing and residential homes get a lot of bad press, but my review of Victoria House and the staff means so much to me, as I entrust my mum into their care, I have no doubts about leaving her, as I know the staff from watching and listening to how they treat them with kindness, dignity and respect, but mostly as a person who matters to each of the staff.
I can't praise them enough.
Truly supportive.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

My husband was transferred from a care home (now requiring nursing care) mid-April. He is well cared for and content. The care and kindness cannot be faulted. I feel completely happy when I leave him in their care. I visit most days and everyone has made us as a family very welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

All the team go out of their way to make visitors welcome. They show care and compassion for residents way above providing the basic care they need. The team make the effort to really get to know the residents and treat them as individuals with dignity. They provide a wide range of activities to suit all residents and keep them stimulated. The home really is a home for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but praise for the staff at Victoria House and their devotion to the residents in their care, sometimes in trying circumstances. It gives me great comfort to know my mother is safe and cared for with love, respect and humour and that I can visit at any time. I would not hesitate to recommend this care home to anyone who asked my opinion.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

I find that all the residents are treated the same. They are clean and drinks are served plentifully. All the staff and management treat all the residents like they are their own family. They are all friendly and approachable. I applaud them for how well the home is run.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

If I were needing a care home this is the place to be.
Caring, clean, happy people and staff make this place a home so you are a person, not a number.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

The manager and the staff are brilliant with my dad and I couldn't ask for more they are really caring and go the extra mile, the home is clean and tidy and the food is really good, I am always made welcome when I visit. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for somewhere nice and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

Brilliant care is given to my husband and all of us could not ask for more. The staff were so loving and caring they did everything we requested and more we were treated like family. We were so relieved to get this care for my husband that it was making me ill and they let me stay with as much as I needed cannot praise them enough. Just being able to spend precious time all together was amazing the staff were on hand but never took over they even gave us food and drinks whenever we asked. Cannot praise them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

My dad was taken into Victoria House for end of life care. The team were amazing and catered for his every need. We as a family were well looked after and made to feel welcome. The staff are caring and attentive. The support provided by the team made a really difficult time as comfortable as possible for both my dad and my family. We cannot praise them all enough for the amazing job they do.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

My mum was a resident of Victoria House Ryhill for 4 1/2 years after she suffered a stroke which had left her with lots of problems. The care and love that all the staff showed my mum and all the family has been so, so wonderful. We are all forever grateful and couldn't have got through the difficult times that my mum went through. On the last few weeks of mums life, the care my mum was given was just so loving and nothing was too much trouble, she got everything anyone could have asked for. On the day my mum passed away the compassion we were all shown and the personal care and love we were shown was so lovely they couldn't do enough for each of us. It was made a special time for us as a family, will never forget. Thank you all, from a family who will never forget your kindness and love.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

I now attend as a visitor for a coffee morning help weekly, for friends of Victoria House. We all have someone who was a resident and has now passed away. The home is a wonderful place to visit and I wouldn't hesitate in placing a family member in this home. I recommend Victoria House to everyone who may need their help.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

We had to find accommodation for my mother as the home she was in was closing down. We rang Victoria House and viewed it the day after, within days everything was arranged for mum to move in. No hassle or grief for us as the management and staff arranged everything. It all went smoothly. My mum has had a severe stroke and can do nothing for herself. She has settled in very well and is looked after brilliantly. She is always clean, smart and tidy and always has company. The staff are always in attendance and show care and attention to residents and visitors alike. Nothing is too much trouble for them.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

I would personally like to express my heartfelt appreciation for the kindness and excellent care provided. The sensitivity and support of your fine staff has helped us through a difficult time. I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to everyone concerned.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

My family are very happy with Victoria House we did not think we would get such a lovely caring home for our mum but we have never had anything to complain about. Mum has been looked after in the most caring way by all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

Victoria House has a warm, friendly welcoming atmosphere. Staff are fantastic always available to help and care for my mum. They are committed and patient with her, nothing is too much trouble. Lots of activities to join in with for both residents and visitors. I would gladly recommend Victoria House to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

This home is excellent, it provided such excellent care for my mum, and at her death she was treated with such love and care and dignity, which made the whole process so much nicer for us to deal with. The home was home from home, and it was easy to visit mum there with her new family and I became a daughter once again not a carer, mum was mum again not someone I had to do everything for. After mum passed away the home provided such support and helping the grieving process which made my life so much more bearable. The love and care provided to all friends and family on the day of the funeral was outstanding. Since then I still attend the coffee morning for relatives where the love, care and friendship is still given by those who know me. You are made so welcome and treated with so much care, very professional outstanding home.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

My mother spent the last few months of her life in Victoria House, they are a superb organisation providing excellent care in lovely surroundings. Since mums death both myself and my wife visit in a regular basis. In September I ran the Great North run to raise funds in order to give something back to the wonderful staff at Victoria House.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

The management and staff were excellent they were always approachable, professional had empathy with all family members appreciating that the circumstance they were facing was at times extremely stressful and upsetting.
My mother in law was treated with dignity by everyone at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

My brother has been resident now for at least 1 month and needs 24 hour care. The staff, carers and nurses are there to provide his needs "whatever". My wife and I are made welcome at anytime in the day, provided tea etc for our comfort whilst visiting. We have and family being resident in the past few years. therefore I have known the quality of the facts listed below. Finally, we find this care home highly recommendable.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

Mum moved into Victoria House after 6 years in a previous home.
The change in her care improved instantly. Mum looked clean and happy for the first time in years. She is cared for by a team of wonderful, hardworking and dedicated staff who always put the needs of the residents first.
My experience of Victoria House is one of a well run, warm, welcoming establishment.
A coffee, tissue and a friendly chat is always available when needed too.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

I would recommend this home to anyone who cares about their own family. Manager, nurses and carers alike, down to earth, most caring and attentive people I have had the pleasure to meet, making us feel less guilty for our Mum having to be put there, and knowing she was left in safe hands. She loved them all and we appreciate the care they gave her.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

I was recommended this nursing home by my friend, whose mother in law was in this nursing home for almost 4 years. She spoke highly of the care Mum received. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff and I find this to be true.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

My mum was a resident at Victoria House. The kindness and care and love that she received was exceptional. The love and kindness was extended to all family members. The team are amazing. The family wish to express their thanks and gratitude to the manager and the staff who were professional kind, loving and caring. They are exceptional people.

How likely would you be to recommend Victoria House? Extremely Likely

I have been associated with Victoria House for over 20 years, firstly through my mother being a resident and then my uncle and my brother-in-law. Now my sister-in-law, Doris, is a resident. During all this time, I have never had cause to make any complaints. Victoria House may not be the most modern, up-to-date home, but, the minute you walk through the door you feel welcome. The staff are devoted to their residents and treat them as they would their own parents - to me care and well-being are more important than menus on tables, etc., etc. My sister-in-law (at 94) has always been a rather demanding and cantankerous person, but the staff are always very patient with her and, amazingly, manage to get a smile out of her! She is always clean, well cared for, and well fed.

The home is well led by the Matron, who I have seen develop over the years into an efficient and caring leader. Her staff respect her and share her same caring values.

I would not hesitate to recommend this home to anyone looking for a "home from home".

Submit a Review for Victoria House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Victoria House