Dene Grange Care Home

Dene Road, Hexham NE46 1HW

Dene Grange Care Home is located in the historic town of Hexham in Northumberland, close to local shops, public transport and other amenities. Dene Grange is set in a quiet residential area of the town with pleasant views of the surrounding area.

The home provides round-the-clock nursing care for people with complex medical needs, together with specialist nursing or residential support for those living with dementia. They also welcome people with mild mental health conditions.

Short term respite care is also available to give family or friends a well-earned break.

Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is offered with choices being available. Special diets can be catered for.

The home operates an activities programme which includes games, dance events, hand massages, pamper days and regular outings including pub trips.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Nanette Swan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northumberland County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 50 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Dene Grange Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Dene Grange Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 30 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Dene Grange Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.661 for Dene Grange Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (251 Excellents x 5) + (84 Goods x 4) + (13 Satisfactorys x 3) + (3 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 351 Ratings = 4.661

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Dene Grange Care Home is based on 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10 positive Reviews (50 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 16 Reviews ÷ 10 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Dene Grange Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.661) from 30 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Dene Grange Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Dene Grange Care Home

I have found the staff very helpful. If there is a problem with somebody, they quickly and carefully persuade them to relax and change what they were doing. The rooms are pleasant and the common rooms bright and well laid out.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Dene Grange Care Home responded to this review on 15 Mar 2018:

Thank you, Tony, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Dene Grange Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a wonderful day.

My wife has been in residence for nearly six months. The care, attention and patience is just so good that it keeps me settled, even if I would so much like to have her at home, I cannot. Dementia is so horrible and difficult. I am putting N/A for activities as my wife would not take part from the start of her time.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Dene Grange Care Home responded to this review on 31 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Michael, for your comments about your recent visit to Dene Grange Care Home. We are happy to hear it was so positive. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Caring friendly atmosphere and wonderful staff who made my father's last months easier and he died peacefully - a great comfort to us and staff could not have done more.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Dene Grange Care Home responded to this review on 29 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent experience at Dene Grange Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We really appreciate you letting us know how we are doing and that you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here. Thank you once again for the wonderful review.

My father was made very welcome and comfortable from day one in the home. All the staff are very loving to both residents and their visiting family. The time, care and nursing he received at his final time was excellent, giving myself and family the reassurance that he was peaceful and importantly had someone with him. I could not praise the staff more highly in their care of my dad.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at Dene Grange Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thank you once again.

Mother seems settled and happy to be here. Facilities and food and very good. Room is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Dene Grange Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jan 2018:

Thank you, John, for sharing your experience of Dene Grange Care Home. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Have a great day!

My mother has been in care here for 10 years and I am extremely pleased with the standard of care she has received, particularly in the latter years. The present manager is friendly, dedicated and helpful and runs the home with great care and professionalism. These qualities are also reflected in her staff. The manager is always genuinely interested in her residents and their families. This helps to make visits positive experiences. All members of staff are approachable and helpful and do their utmost to ensure the best of care for residents and their families.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Joyce, for your comments about your recent experience at Dene Grange Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thank you once again and have a fantastic day!

I have accompanied my wife on many visits to see her mym and I have always been impressed with the standard of care and professionalism of the home manager and her staff.
They are dedicated and caring and always polite and approachable. We appreciate the challenges in caring for residents with severe dementia but always impressed with the staff and their positive attitude to make the best of situations with a high quality of care and attention for the needs of the residents. Without a doubt, I would recommend this care home to others seeking similar care and treatment for their relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Dene Grange Care Home responded to this review on 25 Jan 2018:

Thank you, Bernard, for taking the time to share your experience of Dene Grange Care Home. We're happy we could meet your expectations! All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Mother in law has settled in well and she looks well. She enjoys her meals and we are very happy with the home knowing she is safe and well cared for. Nothing seems to be too much trouble for the staff. We left her today playing dominoes with the residents so she has plenty to fill her time. Overall we are very pleased with her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Jennifer, for sharing your recent experience of Dene Grange Care home. We are happy to hear it has been so positive and that you have been pleased with the quality of our care. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a fantastic day.

Looks after the patient very well. Very good at accessing the patient's needs. Staff very helpful and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Samantha, we always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with Dene Grange Care Home was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

The care and support given to both my father in law and mother in law has been and continues to be excellent. I would have no hesitation in recommending Dene Grange Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you, Michelle, for your comments about your recent experience at Dene Grange Care Home. Our residents’ wellbeing is our main priority and it is great to hear that you were so pleased with the quality of our care. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

My brother was just so well looked after. In the time he spent in Dene Grange, from the management right down to the laundry staff.
The nursing staff were second to none, they not only looked after my brother, they made time to look after his family too.
We are so grateful to each and every one of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at Dene Grange Care Home responded to this review on 06 Dec 2017:

Thank you, Mary, for your lovely comments following your experience at Dene Grange Care Home. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how all the staff are doing and are extremely pleased to learn that you felt supported throughout. Thank you once again for such wonderful feedback about our home and staff.

I am always so happy with the care my grandad receives.
He is always clean and dressed smartly.
Dene Grange is always so clean and all the staff are truly amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Overall, the level of care is very good. The staff are understanding, empathetic and kind. Personally, I feel the food could be improved, a more healthy diet with fruit, veg and more water available between meals. Most of my visits are at weekends so I rarely see the managers of activities. Staff do keep me informed on my mother's health and call me regularly with updates.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Likely

I find the care home excellent!! I couldn't fault it. The staff are superb and very friendly and helpful. The place is always spotless and my mother seems very happy!

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am happy with the care my husband is receiving.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy about the care my partner gets in Dene Grange, the staff are superb, kind and caring and they always make me so welcomed when I visit.
My partner has settled in very well, he enjoys talking to the carers, he also enjoys his meals, especially the puddings.
I have no regrets about my partner going into Dene Grange and I know he is well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I found all the staff I met to be very patient and kind with the residents. Nothing was too much trouble and they did it in a caring manner. There was always someone on hand when needed. The staff from the matron in charge who came in herself to attend my husband down the line from head carer to all the other carers could not have done any more for my husband. They all deserve a big thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father was in Dene Grange for a short time before his death. He received outstanding care and was treated with dignity and unfailing kindness and attention to his needs. Without exception, every member of staff demonstrated exemplary care. It was a great comfort to his family.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I couldn't be happier with the home my granda lives in because this is home and everyone is one big family. The staff are amazing, us as a family have struggled with granda's dementia and find it upsetting but the staff are so lovely and reassure you. My granda is safe and I couldn't thank the staff more, you guys are fantastic

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am so much happier with Dene Grange than my mother's previous home. The staff are great and nothing is too much trouble.
She is always content, comfortable and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Likely

Excellent care home. Very clean. Very friendly staff. Partners mother is very happy staying here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean home and mother settled very well in this environment since arriving here in 2015. Mother receiving the best of care available which is a great comfort to the family as well as my mother. Would recommend Dene Grange to anyone. A well run home.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Dene Grange Care Home provide a very caring and sensitive attention to all residents at all times. They are also a vital communication with family at all times of illness or emergency. I can't thank them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am very happy with the level of care that dad receives.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have been coming here for approximately six months now and my wife and I are treated with the greatest respect. She receives the greatest of care and we are both treated with the highest respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

After initial issues settling in, familiarisation, privacy and routines etc, my Mum has seemingly settled in well. The staff seem friendly, talkative and prepared to meet needs. I have been phoned regarding issues such as falls/other and on-going medication has been remarkable, in terms of her health. My Mum is currently happier here and the latest assessment with an NHS nurse was positive, especially since her hospitalisation.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Likely

Cannot fault the care home/staff. I know Dad is a challenge but nothing is ever a problem. Dad is very content here.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Mother reports to me that she "feels safe here" and to me, that's worth the world. The staff are incredibly kind and sensitive to my Mum and very supportive to me. They don't get paid enough for the complete care they deliver.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is well looked after at Dene Grange Care Home. The carers are attentive to her needs and she commends the meals she is served. The rooms are spacious as are the corridors and residential lounges. The enclosed garden is a facility especially prized by my mother who can sit outside in a wheelchair. The home is exceptionally clean. The only criticism I have is the seeming lack of activities to engage the residents. There appears to be few if any visitations by craft workers, pet handlers, music appreciation groups or others who could engage the residents on an occasional basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Dene Grange Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot praise Dene Grange enough for the excellent standard of care given to my son-in-law, who suffered early onset Alzheimers, from the moment of his arrival to his death this month. It is only because of the care of the outstanding manager and her very compassionate staff, that, I believe this home should be given five stars! The atmosphere was relaxed and we all felt part of a family, always welcome any time of the day. The staff are caring, loving, compassionate and very professional. This can only be achieved because the manager has specially chosen them. A very happy end of life experience.

Submit a Review for Dene Grange Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Dene Grange Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Dene Grange Care Home