The Orchard Care Centre

Lychgate Road, Tullibody, Alloa FK10 2RQ

The Orchard Care Centre, Alloa, Clackmannanshire

The Orchard Care Centre offers dementia and nursing care in a purpose-built setting in a residential area of Alloa.

The home has a number of communal lounges where residents can benefit from specially designed furnishings. Residents are welcome to personalise their rooms, which are comfortable and well-equipped, with their own belongings and furniture.

Meals at The Orchard are nutritional and cooked fresh by the home’s chefs who get to know individual tastes, including any dietary and cultural requirements.

Person in charge: Fiona Johnstone (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Clackmannanshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 58 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on The Orchard Care Centre: click here

posted 23 May 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.6 The Orchard Care Centre has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.601)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for The Orchard Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 23 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Orchard Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.653 for The Orchard Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (189 Excellents x 5) + (76 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 274 Ratings = 4.653

The 4.948 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Orchard Care Centre is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11.6 positive Reviews (58 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 11.6 Target = 0.948

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Orchard Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to The Orchard Care Centre

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

I had occasion to sit with my husband during lunch and observed the care and dignity of each and every carer and the jobs they did which are not the norm in everyday life. The lunch itself was delicious and the home had no prior warning that I would be there and they all carried out their duties excellently. I just hope that when I need the type of care my husband and others need then I am placed in a home with similar facilities and carers who are guided at all times by excellent management.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My father is settling in well to the care home. He also participates in activities within the care home, organised trips with support and his personal care and eating has improved from previously living on his own.
He has a good rapport with the residents and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Likely

My husband has been in Anbri House in Orchard care home for 1 and a half years and depends on the carers for all his needs and their dedication to the task is a great comfort.
They treat the residents with dignity, kindness and respect their privacy at all times.
I am kept informed of anything concerned with my husband care and are always available if I wish to discuss anything with them.
The atmosphere is upbeat and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The 'Ambri' unit at The Orchard Care Centre is beyond words really. Our mum has been in care since July 2016 and she is happy and settled now. It is her home and the staff here make this place a happy, safe environment for all but particularly our mum as it is her safe house. We cannot thank the staff enough for her care and the staff go beyond the normal day to day job they do. Thank you for the support too.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My father has only been in this care home for six weeks.
We selected this one based on its excellent reputation and we have not been disappointed.
The staff at all levels have been friendly, attentive and respectful towards my father and our family.
I have visited many care homes in recent years and The Orchard is up there with the best of them.
Very satisfied with all aspects.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

When my dad was too unwell to be cared for at home, we were fortunate to secure a room at The Orchard Care Home for him. Shortly afterwards my mother passed away suddenly - The staff helped us through this very difficult time - helping my dad cope with her grief and were very compassionate and caring towards us all as a family. We were included in all aspects of his care right to the day when he too passed away. The staff and management were always very considerate towards us and the level of care my dad received, was all that we could ask for. It made the horrible situation a bit more bearable. Thanks to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The Orchard is a very warm and friendly home and the staff are amazing, going above and beyond requirements for their residents. The key worker for our friend was an absolute star and built up a great relationship with him.
The activities are well run and often, and there is always a great buzz around the place.
One criticism would be sometimes a smell from the sluice rooms but other than that, delighted with the overall experience and care of our friend.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My dad had to move to The Orchard Care Centre in June 2016 due to declining health. Giving up his home for the last 50 years was quite an ordeal for him but the staff at The Orchard Care Centre were very welcoming, caring and understanding and made the transition as easy as possible. Over the last 6 months, we have been very happy with the level of care dad received and also the care shown to us, his family during some difficult times. Staff are excellent. They give good care in a professional, down to earth, friendly manner and are always approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Our family had a get together for my mums 90th birthday in January. She is a resident at The Orchard Care Home. The staff were wonderful, they decorated the room beautifully with balloons and 90th birthday decorations. They also provided us with a buffet, drinks and a lovely birthday cake, even providing the candles. The staff were great and nothing seemed to be too much bother. We all had a wonderful afternoon and my mum enjoyed having all her family round about her.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

During the review with the staff nurse, we discussed Mum's diet and eating habits and weight, which are all satisfactory. We also discussed her frame of mind and moods, which can swing from quite happy to very sad and always wanting to go back home, although she does realise that she needs to be looked after full time now. I am happy with the care that Mum is receiving and trust the staff to look after her well.

Value for Money: Poor

Staff 1st class. Noticeable improvement in my mother since she moved in. Nothing is too much trouble and all her needs are catered for. We feel that a weight has been listed off us. We know she is safe and we are always made to feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The care for my mother was simply excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The friendliness of staff attracted me and my family to The Orchard. I had a sister who previously stayed here and we had seen the change for the better that had been made. I am enjoying my stay and I am glad I can call it my new home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

From the minute I stepped through the door of the home, I knew it was where I wanted my mother to live out her life. There was an instant atmosphere of warmth, caring and happiness. I cannot praise the home enough and couldn't have wished for better care for my mum. An exceptional manager and extremely dedicated and helpful staff who made every possible effort to make my mum's last few months as enjoyable, comfortable and happy as it could be. Above all for all their wonderful qualities, patience, compassion, respect, friendliness and cheerfulness. The staff CARE. It's obvious. I only hope HC-One realise how very fortunate they are to have the management and staff they do at The Orchard Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

When visiting the home we always find it very homely and friendly. The staff are always helpful. They treat my sister with dignity and respect. The home has a good variety of entertainment for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother (92 years old) appears perfectly happy and content to be a resident here. My wife and I are satisfied with mums overall here. My wife and I are satisfied with mums overall care. She has a lovely en-suite room which is well lit with natural light. Her room is clean and well maintained. The variety of food at meal-times is very good; we occasionally have lunch with mum.

The staff are very caring and friendly towards residents and staff alike. During our visits which are often, there are always a good number of fellow visitors sitting having tea and chatting to family - an indication of a very good care home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have found all the staff very helpful and caring, not only to my mother but to all the residents. There is plenty of entertainment on and a variety to suit all the residents. They also manage to take some of the residents out for a run in the mini bus. The home is very cosy and clean and well maintained. The staff are also very cheery.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have to cone to the Orchard as I was not well enough to look after myself at home. I have settled in well and now enjoy my place I call home. Everyday we are entertained and well fed. My family are happy that I am happy and settled and are well active.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother stays at The Orchard. I am very happy with the care they provide my mother. I feel she has improved since she has moved from her own home to The Orchard.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Tullibody care home The Orchard is the ideal place for my father. After suffering a bad stroke he needs 24 hour care and the staff are second to none. So professional, attentive and friendly. Any requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently and nothing is too much trouble. My father is limited in response but he can intimate what he likes and doesn't like and he likes being here, he is very well looked after. Myself and my family are very happy with the level of care and attention my father gets.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Very happy with mums care but the home would benefit from the implementation of WIFI facilities to enable residents to communicate with family/friends abroad.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My cousin is much happier here as she has company and is well looked after. This makes me happy an reassured.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My experience of The Orchard care home leaves me more than convinced that my decision to have my wife cared for here was the best decision I have ever made. This is a "Care" home in the true sense of the word.

Submit a Review for The Orchard Care Centre

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Recipient: HC-One

Recipient: HC-One

Fiona

Fiona Johnstone

Joined: 2017

As a Registered Nurse, Fiona has over 10 years’ experience in providing care and support for older people to enrich their lives. She is a knowledgeable and dedicated leader who is passionate about delivering the highest possible standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Having worked for HC-One for a number of years, Fiona closely shares the company’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She uses her experience to motivate her team to deliver care and support in a way that Residents gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby organisations and is always quick to welcome the local community to The Orchard.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Fiona remarked:“I take great pride in ensuring that our Residents are listened to and their opinions and desires are taken into consideration and that our colleagues are enthusiastic in making each day a happy day for the Residents.”

Outside of work, Fiona enjoys riding motorbikes and hill walking with her friends.

If you would like to find out more information about The Orchard, Fiona has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Orchard Care Centre