The Orchard Care Centre

Lychgate Road, Tullibody, Alloa FK10 2RQ

The Orchard Care Centre, Alloa, Clackmannanshire

Located within a residential area of Alloa, The Orchard Care Centre is a purpose built facility offering dementia, nursing and residential care.

At The Orchard, Residents have a choice of lounge areas which feature comfortable and specially designed furnishings. The home has a range of comfortable and well-equipped bedrooms. To personalise their bedroom, residents bring their own items of furniture and personal belongings such as ornaments and pictures.

Chefs at The Orchard pride themselves on knowing the tastes of residents and preparing a choice of home cooked, fresh, nutritional meals and catering for any dietary and cultural needs. At HC-One, experienced home managers and members of staff ensure kindness is at the heart of everything they do.

Person in charge: Fiona Johnstone (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Clackmannanshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 58 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on The Orchard Care Centre: click here

posted 06 Feb 2017

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

9.6 The Orchard Care Centre has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.598)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for The Orchard Care Centre is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 16 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Orchard Care Centre in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.822 for The Orchard Care Centre is calculated as follows: ( (161 Excellents x 5) + (27 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 191 Ratings = 4.822

The 4.776 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Orchard Care Centre is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11.6 positive Reviews (58 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 11.6 Target = 0.776

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Orchard Care Centre?

Reviewer Connection to The Orchard Care Centre

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

During the review with the staff nurse, we discussed Mum's diet and eating habits and weight, which are all satisfactory. We also discussed her frame of mind and moods, which can swing from quite happy to very sad and always wanting to go back home, although she does realise that she needs to be looked after full time now. I am happy with the care that Mum is receiving and trust the staff to look after her well.

Value for Money: Poor

Staff 1st class. Noticeable improvement in my mother since she moved in. Nothing is too much trouble and all her needs are catered for. We feel that a weight has been listed off us. We know she is safe and we are always made to feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The care for my mother was simply excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

The friendliness of staff attracted me and my family to The Orchard. I had a sister who previously stayed here and we had seen the change for the better that had been made. I am enjoying my stay and I am glad I can call it my new home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

As you will understand it is a very difficult time when a loved one has to enter a care home as you cannot give them the care they need. We have been together for over 50 years. I was really nervous of putting my husband into others hands and having the confidence that he would be well looked after. As time has passed I am in every day and am so much more relaxed about it. The staff are very friendly and welcoming to me and more importantly I see they are kind, patient and compassionate to my husbands and other residents. The management are very open to any questions I have and always contact me if any small detail changes. His room is clean and well kept and he is freshly dressed. I am so grateful to them all.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Management and staff have been excellent, very efficient in every aspect of their job. This has made otherwise terrible settling in period a lot easier for my dad (resident) and also the family. Extra thanks and praise also for helping my dad grieve after his wife passed away suddenly, I feel totally at ease leaving him in their care. There is always a friendly atmosphere when we visit. Activities are frequent an we as a family feel at ease to join in. We are kept well informed about his care and health. I would have no doubt in recommending the home to anyone else.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

From the minute I stepped through the door of the home, I knew it was where I wanted my mother to live out her life. There was an instant atmosphere of warmth, caring and happiness. I cannot praise the home enough and couldn't have wished for better care for my mum. An exceptional manager and extremely dedicated and helpful staff who made every possible effort to make my mum's last few months as enjoyable, comfortable and happy as it could be. Above all for all their wonderful qualities, patience, compassion, respect, friendliness and cheerfulness. The staff CARE. It's obvious. I only hope HC-One realise how very fortunate they are to have the management and staff they do at The Orchard Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

When visiting the home we always find it very homely and friendly. The staff are always helpful. They treat my sister with dignity and respect. The home has a good variety of entertainment for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother (92 years old) appears perfectly happy and content to be a resident here. My wife and I are satisfied with mums overall here. My wife and I are satisfied with mums overall care. She has a lovely en-suite room which is well lit with natural light. Her room is clean and well maintained. The variety of food at meal-times is very good; we occasionally have lunch with mum.

The staff are very caring and friendly towards residents and staff alike. During our visits which are often, there are always a good number of fellow visitors sitting having tea and chatting to family - an indication of a very good care home.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have found all the staff very helpful and caring, not only to my mother but to all the residents. There is plenty of entertainment on and a variety to suit all the residents. They also manage to take some of the residents out for a run in the mini bus. The home is very cosy and clean and well maintained. The staff are also very cheery.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

I have to cone to the Orchard as I was not well enough to look after myself at home. I have settled in well and now enjoy my place I call home. Everyday we are entertained and well fed. My family are happy that I am happy and settled and are well active.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My mother stays at The Orchard. I am very happy with the care they provide my mother. I feel she has improved since she has moved from her own home to The Orchard.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Tullibody care home The Orchard is the ideal place for my father. After suffering a bad stroke he needs 24 hour care and the staff are second to none. So professional, attentive and friendly. Any requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently and nothing is too much trouble. My father is limited in response but he can intimate what he likes and doesn't like and he likes being here, he is very well looked after. Myself and my family are very happy with the level of care and attention my father gets.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

Very happy with mums care but the home would benefit from the implementation of WIFI facilities to enable residents to communicate with family/friends abroad.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My cousin is much happier here as she has company and is well looked after. This makes me happy an reassured.

How likely would you be to recommend The Orchard Care Centre? Extremely Likely

My experience of The Orchard care home leaves me more than convinced that my decision to have my wife cared for here was the best decision I have ever made. This is a "Care" home in the true sense of the word.

Submit a Review for The Orchard Care Centre

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Fiona

Fiona Johnstone

Joined: 2017

As a Registered Nurse, Fiona has over 10 years’ experience in providing care and support for older people to enrich their lives. She is a knowledgeable and dedicated leader who is passionate about delivering the highest possible standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Having worked for HC-One for a number of years, Fiona closely shares the company’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She uses her experience to motivate her team to deliver care and support in a way that Residents gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby organisations and is always quick to welcome the local community to The Orchard.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Fiona remarked:“I take great pride in ensuring that our Residents are listened to and their opinions and desires are taken into consideration and that our colleagues are enthusiastic in making each day a happy day for the Residents.”

Outside of work, Fiona enjoys riding motorbikes and hill walking with her friends.

If you would like to find out more information about The Orchard, Fiona has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal discussion.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Orchard Care Centre