Newcarron Court Care Home

Ronades Road, Newcarron Village, Falkirk FK2 7TB

Whether respite or long term care is required, Newcarron Court staff have been trained to deliver care in a professional and kind manner. The care team also ensure residents with dementia and those requiring palliative care receive exceptional attention and support.

Newcarron Court has been designed to provide a warm and homely atmosphere for older residents who have a variety of care needs. The home features comfortable ensuite bedrooms and also has a Wi-Fi hot spot for residents to take advantage of. Residents can benefit from onsite physiotherapy as well as having access to an optician, a nutritionalist, reminiscence sessions and relaxation therapy.

Mealtimes are an important and enjoyable part of the day at Newcarron Court. The home makes birthdays special by baking personalised cakes to mark each resident’s birthday.

Regular activities are enjoyed by residents, and family and friends are also encouraged to take part in events organised by the home.

Group: Advinia Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Angela Burns (Interim General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Falkirk Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 120 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Challenging Behaviour • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Newcarron Court Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Newcarron Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Newcarron Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.482 for Newcarron Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (78 Excellents x 5) + (50 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 139 Ratings = 4.482

The 4.333 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Newcarron Court Care Home is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 24 positive Reviews (120 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 24 Target = 0.333

8.8 Newcarron Court Care Home has a Review Score of 8.8 (8.815) from 12 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Newcarron Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Newcarron Court Care Home

Found the staff very professional and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Newcarron Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been in the home for about 4 months and I am very impressed with the care that he has received. I wanted to make move him to a home nearer to where I live but he's so settled now and the staff are excellent so I don't want to move him now. The staff really do seem as if they care about the residents and this shows in the way they interact with them.

How likely would you be to recommend Newcarron Court Care Home? Likely

Since my brother was made a resident in this ward, he has been treated with kindness and understanding by the hard working staff. They are well fed and the staff are great at arranging day trips and concerts which they all seem to enjoy. The home is very clean and the attention to residents when they are ill or a bit down is second to none. Thank you all for the care and well being he receives.

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 15 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

The social work department held a review in Newcarron Court with carers. My husband is settling in very well with everyone and also seems pretty content. He has gained weight which we are pleased about. He is clearly coming on well and the social worker was extremely satisfied with how things were with him and informed us that we do not need another review for 1 year.

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 11 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to hear that your husband has settled and is doing so well.

Our mother entered Newcarron Court over two years ago. Naturally, we were a bit concerned and apprehensive she would adapt and be happy in her new surroundings, having lived on her own for over 20 years and being fiercely independent and set in her ways.
Within a very short time, all doubts were totally allayed. All staff and auxiliaries treated her with the utmost care, consideration, dignity and compassion. She now refers to them as her other family. As a very close knit family, we are extremely thankful and appreciative of all the love and support given to our mum.
We could not wish for a more suitable and secure environment for her to be in and would highly recommend to anyone.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is so good to hear that your mum has settled so well and that she thinks of us as her second family. This must give you and your family such peace of mind knowing that she is well cared for and loved.

I found all the staff to be really helpful, courteous, friendly and cannot praise them all enough.

I did not attend any activities so cannot comment. I found my room to be basic but comfortable. I was disappointed there was no shower in my en-suite and was surprised there was no wi-fi.

How likely would you be to recommend Newcarron Court Care Home? Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 18 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

My 98-year-old mother was admitted for emergency respite to Newcarron 7 weeks ago. Despite being reluctant initially, she has settled very well and now wishes to stay on a permanent basis. I cannot speak highly enough of the charge nurse and care assistants.

Jayne Duck, Customer services administrator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 22 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear that your Mum has settled and is so happy that she wants to stay with us on a permanent basis.

My Mum and Dad both moved here on 21/10/13 as my Dad had been diagnosed with vascular dementia on 12/3/14 and my Mum now physically frail struggled to cope even with my help and home care. It was soon realised that my Dad did not need a 'house' with some dementia patients so both moved to 'frail elderly' which suited very well. Mum has had diverticulosis for many years so certain foods upset her. Consultation with junior sister and the chef was arranged so that those foods could be avoided. I am always informed about any ailments or medication changes. Any concerns are always dealt with promptly. I have never regretted my parents moving here as they both benefitted from it. Dad enjoyed the company and Mum got a good nights rest and was able to do more for herself. Dad died 10/2/15 having been well cared for. Mum, now 94 needs good care.

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 04 Jul 2017:

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that your parents were together and that they were happy. It is good to know that your mum is still been cared for really well and that you are kept informed of everything.

I am very pleased with our experience at this care home. The staff are always helpful, friendly and nothing is a bother to them. My mum has settled in quickly and we have every confidence in her care.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 11 May 2017:

Thank you for your review. It is good to know that your mum has settled in well and that you can have peace of mind knowing that she is cared for. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Care homes can be depressing places and easily the staff become demotivated. It takes good management and contented staff to make a good care home and this care home has managed to have cheerful, caring staff in a pretty good facility.
There always seems to be someone around when needed (except when trying to get out the door) and nothing seems too much trouble. I hope it continues to perform to the present high standard.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jan 2017:

Excellent review. Very pleased with the staff and home. All my concerns handled at the time.

Jayne Duck, Customer Services Administrator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 02 Dec 2016:

I am pleasantly surprised and delighted with the care my mother has received in the home. My mum has been very ill on a couple of occasions and I was impressed at the amount of time the carers spent with her. I am so pleased with the care that I have asked if mum is ill, and there is nothing to be gained from going into hospital, that she remains in the home as I am confident and happy of the care she gets. I would also like to mention the unit ward sisters are all very caring and spend time keeping me up to date and answering my questions.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Newcarron Court Care Home responded to this review on 16 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Submit a Review for Newcarron Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Newcarron Court Care Home