Gowrie House Care Home, Kirkcaldy, Fife

Gowrie House Care Home is located in Kirkcaldy and is close to shops, amenities, public transport and the A92. The Postings Shopping Centre and High Street are less than a mile away.

This purpose built care home offers accommodation in single occupancy rooms, all of which have private toilet facilities.
Gowrie House has fabulous views across the Firth of Forth and residents and their families can enjoy the beautiful garden. Barbecues and parties are held regularly in the garden.

There are six lounges with dining areas in the home where residents can socialise at meal times, of course meals can be served in residents own rooms if preferred. Traditional home cooking using fresh produce is served with residents being able to select from the choices available daily. Special diets can be catered for.

Regular visits are made to the home by an experienced hair stylist and qualified chiropodist. Complementary therapies can also be arranged.

The home offers a varied programme of activities for the benefit of residents.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Anjie Restar (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Fife Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Gowrie House Care Home: click here

8.4 Gowrie House Care Home has a Review Score of 8.4 (8.354)

The Review Score of 8.4 (maximum of 10) for Gowrie House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Gowrie House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.8 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.604 for Gowrie House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (29 Excellents x 5) + (19 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 48 Ratings = 4.604

The 3.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Gowrie House Care Home is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.250

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Gowrie House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Gowrie House Care Home

How to start off describing my life over the past two years is no easy task.
Firstly, the shock of the sudden death of our beloved son, followed shortly after my diagnosis of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, was too much for my body to bear.
I don't remember much of the rest of the next year and a half, except being in hospital a lot for chemotherapy. I believe I suffered terrible "mind" disorders, but with the excellent care of all at Gowrie House, I have come back to "life" again and my memory has returned (for my age!). I know that, without the good care and attention of all members of staff, I would not have made this miraculous recovery.

How likely would you be to recommend Gowrie House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff are helpful and friendly. My room and the home itself are kept clean as staff come in every morning and clean the toilet and my room. I enjoy the company at mealtimes but can sit in my room if I wish and do my knitting or watch the television. I have my hair washed and set every week. I have been here for over 1 years now and am quite settled.

How likely would you be to recommend Gowrie House Care Home? Likely

After a lengthy hospitalisation due to various illnesses including delirium, my wife was discharged to the care of Gowrie House. She was doubly incontinent, unable to stand and delirious. She was met at the door by caring staff and looked after so well that in ten months she was able to go home with minimal home care. I am extremely pleased and thankful for the care, love and dedication provided by all the staff at Gowrie House which enabled my wife to return home. They really care!

How likely would you be to recommend Gowrie House Care Home? Extremely Likely

When my mother needed full-time care, something I was unable to provide for her.
Finding the right care home can be a nightmare.
We did try one well known one, to begin with, but that did not work out, less said the better.
Needless to say, I needed to move her, and so I was apprehensive at first when I first placed her in Gowirie House! but it was the best move possible, the care was second to none.
She was there for four years, and it was the best peace of mind I had had for years.
When she became terminal and was moved to the hospital, I was expected to stick to visiting hours!!!!!!
So when the home said they would take her back, the relief was unbelievable, plus I could stay as long as I wished .
The staff there are so thoughtful not just for their charge but family as well.
10/10

Submit a Review for Gowrie House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gowrie House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gowrie House Care Home