Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home, Peterhead, Aberdeenshire

Kirkburn Court, is in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire and provides first-class 24-hour nursing care alongside expert care for people with dementia in a Memory Lane Community.

A team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focuses on the individual needs of residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And their dedication can be seen across the board - in their cooking, hospitality and organised activities for residents.

Professionals think you'll find they're ideally suited to meet your needs now and in the future to ensure you get the most from your retirement years.

You're welcome to visit and see for yourself what they have to offer.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: David Garland (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Aberdeenshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 64 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home: click here

posted 30 Oct 2017

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

7.3 Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home has a Review Score of 7.3 (7.278)

The Review Score of 7.3 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.2 out of 5 from 3 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.1 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.2 for Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (21 Excellents x 5) + (5 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 35 Ratings = 4.2

The 3.078 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 12.8 positive Reviews (64 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 12.8 Target = 0.078

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home

My mother only stayed at Kirkburn Court Care Home in Peterhead, for three months before she passed away. I want to convey my gratitude to all the staff for initially welcoming my Mum into the home and making her short stay comfortable and a home from home. In her final days, she received excellent palliative care and particular care was also given to the family's well-being at such a stressful and difficult time. I would have no hesitation in recommending Kirkburn Court Care Home to those who need the special service they have to offer.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum is a resident in Memory Lane, Barchester Kirkburn Court. I visit my mum as often as I can and sometimes this is in the afternoon, later in the evenings or quite early in the morning. Recently when I went to visit my mum it was quite late on in the evening. She was not in the lounge or wandering about and when I went into her room, I heard voices from the toilet. I remained very quiet and did not call out. I sat on the bed and listened to the conversation between the carer and my mum. I must say my heart filled as I heard the carer talk to my mum whilst helping her, calling her "sweetheart" and being very patient and kind. If I had any doubts about my mum's care (which I didn't and don't have) these would have vanished on the spot. It is so comforting to know that my mum is looked after in such a loving and caring way. One evening recently I popped in around 7pm. A good few of the residents were in the dining area with song sheets and two of the carers were singing away encouraging the residents to join in. Everyone singing and having a great time. I had a few tears as a few of the songs were songs that my mum and dad used to sing. We all has a laugh about that. It was great. The staff at Barchester Kirkburn Court are amazing and it is such a comfort knowing that my mum is so well looked after and loved in Memory Lane. It has taken such a worry off my shoulders. I know that although he was heartbroken at mum having to go into care, my dad was so glad that she would be looked after properly and told me before he died that he could go in peace knowing mum was looked after. All the staff are lovely, kind and caring and I have recommended Barchester Kirkburn Court to many people. Prior to my mum moving into Kirkburn Court I visited all the care homes in the area to check them out and I can honestly say Barchester Kirkburn Court were the only home that allowed me full access when I just "popped in." I didn't have to make any appointments and was allowed to look around whenever and wherever I wanted. I know I can honestly and truly say that I made the right choice in arranging for my mum to be in the care of Barchester Kirkburn Court and I will be forever grateful for them making my mum feel safe, secure and loved.

The home needs more carers in the lounge and generally. At nearly 3pm an old man still had his dirty bib on his glasses had fallen in his pudding bowl. Another man was shouting terribly loudly and someone called out "shut up". Two women got into a fight throwing cushions. Finally, a carer came and sent one to their bedroom but the other carers were all busy in the room. I hate leaving my old friend in that environment. Another day earlier in the month, some carers were having a break and a nurse spotted an old man carrying excrement with his nappy down and she was dealing out the drugs so poor soul had to run and lock up her trolley and quickly take the poor chap away.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home? Extremely Unlikely

Overall Standard: Poor

Care / Support: Poor

Cleanliness: Poor

Management: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Submit a Review for Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Kirkburn Court Care Home