Cochrane Care Home

Quarrelton Road, Johnstone PA5 8NH

Cochrane Care Home is a purpose-built facility, offering a comfortable interior and en-suite rooms that are ideal for those with care needs who wish to achieve a relaxing lifestyle.

The home has its own gardens and is located close to scenic parkland, while there is a wide range of activities and entertainment organised in house for clients' enjoyment.

The team has built up strong links with the local community, as part of a drive to achieve sustainable solutions to long-term care needs.

Group: Silverline Care

Person in charge: Donna Neill (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Renfrewshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 61 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: To comply with registration. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Inspectorate* Report on Cochrane Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Cochrane Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 28 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cochrane Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.639 for Cochrane Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (227 Excellents x 5) + (88 Goods x 4) + (14 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 330 Ratings = 4.639

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cochrane Care Home is based on 16 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.2 positive Reviews (61 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 16 Reviews ÷ 12.2 Target Reached = 1

9.6 Cochrane Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.639) from 28 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cochrane Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Cochrane Care Home

First class attention to everything. Could not find fault with anything. All staff excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Helen Kinnaird, Regional Operations Manager at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 16 May 2018:

Many thanks for your lovely review and comments, this is very much appreciated.

Choosing Cochrane Care Home for our mum was the best decision we could have made for her. We've noticed a marked difference in her, she seems happy and cheerful and so much more content. This is in contrast to how in her last residence, where she was not happy and although the staff seemed pleasant enough, they just didn't seem to actually do anything to make Mum's care a pleasant experience. The move to Cochrane Care Home, made such a change and I have no doubt this is due to the dedication and genuine 'care' shown by the staff, where they are very attentive, showing a positive, willing approach to make the residents stay a happy and pleasurable one. Staff take the time to really understand our Mum and do what they can to make her stay relaxed, enjoyable and sociable. This takes the stress and worries away from the family. Knowing that our Mum is well looked after and content gives us confidence that Mum is being looked after with dedicated professional staff in nice surroundings.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Helen Kinnaird, Regional Operations Manager at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 09 Apr 2018:

Many thanks for your lovely review and comments, this is very much appreciated and will be passed onto the manager and the team at Cochrane Care Home.

My mum was placed in Cochrane Care Home initially as an interim placement, however, I quickly came to the decision that I wanted my mum to stay there. I consulted with my siblings and they were of the same opinion. We are very impressed with the genuine care and interest shown by the staff towards our mother. We draw great comfort from knowing that she is safe and well cared for in her remaining time.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Grandma is more content that she was at home, All staff in the unit are very attentive and friendly towards visitors.
Management is very approachable.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Fantastic! thanks so much for all of the help that all the staff who are now like an extended family to us. Like everyone I suppose we were really worried about leaving my dad anywhere that's not home and worried about the care and respect you would hope for, the staff in Cochrane Care Home have put our worries to bed and I mean that my mum has peace of mind and can sleep more contently knowing that the love of our lives is safe and cared for .

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Donna Neill, Home manager at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 22 Jan 2018:

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so pleased that you and your family are happy and reassured by the care we provide for your dad. We are delighted that you all feel your dad is happy and safe with us. I will pass your lovely comments on to the staff.

I can only comment on the Tannahill Unit as I have no contact with the other units.
On the whole, the Unit seems to be running well, some days better than others.
On certain days it can be extremely noisy with blaring TVs, especially when bedroom doors are left wide open and the corridor acts as a channel for the noise.
I think that there should be more music, particularly music which the residents can identify with, as opposed to the TV in the lounge showing movies/programmes which appear to be of no interest to anybody. When suitable music is played I can see a few feet tapping away even although they appear to be disinterested.
The staff is quite attentive and generally, the residents appear to be getting treated with respect. The rapport between staff and residents varies but is generally excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Donna Neill, Home Manager at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you are pleased with the care being given in Cochrane and delighted that you would recommend us to others. We have taken on board your comments and these will be passed to the staff in the unit. Please feel free to speak to staff if at any time you find the noise level is a concern.

My mum came to Cochrane Care Home in March 2017 and as anyone in this situation knows, it can be an extremely trying time for everyone involved. At first, I didn’t think my mum would settle, but with the help of the staff who took time to help my Mum, she slowly settled and now has many a laughs with the staff and those involved in her care.

I feel happy with my mum's overall care and I know my mum is in a safe environment. My husband and I were both invited to the homes annual Christmas party which was a 1920's theme and it was a terrific day which my mum thoroughly enjoyed and so did we. The staff went out of their way to make it special which is uplifting to know my mum is getting out and about. Everyone is well looked after my mum is always clean, comfortable and well dressed. The lounge area is a bit dated but this is changing soon. My family and I are always welcome and if there are any issues you just have to speak to a staff member to get it resolved.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Donna Neill, Home Manager at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 09 Jan 2018:

Thank you so much for this lovely review. We are pleased that you are happy with the care being provided and I will pass your compliments on to the staff.

I am very happy with my uncle's care in this home.
He really likes being here, all the staff are very caring and considerate of the residents' individual needs.
I know he is safe and well looked after.
The home is extremely clean and kept to a very high standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Colin Inglis, COO at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 05 Jan 2018:

Thank you for your kind words about the great care your uncle receives and the environment at Cochrane. I will pass on to the staff team.

Happy with review and the staff are always approachable if there are any issues.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Likely

Colin Inglis, COO at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 03 Jan 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will pass on to the staff your feedback.

The home has caring staff and excellent facilities. everyone one is very friendly and the rooms are clean at all times. There is a real sincerity about the attitude of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Colin Inglis, COO at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 29 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased that you are happy with the services provided at Cochrane Care Home, which I will relay to the staff team.

I would like to thank all of the staff, from the bottom of my heart, for the great care given to my father in law during his time at Cochrane Care Home. Especially at the end of his life. The empathy and compassion shown by all were amazing. I and my family will never be able to thank you enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Colin Inglis, COO at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 27 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your kind words about the care provided to your father in law, by the staff team at Cochrane Care Home. I will pass on your gratitude to the staff.

I was invited to join my mother, who is a resident, at Cochrane Home's annual seasonal party.
I was very impressed by the efforts made by staff to embrace the 1920s theme in both attire and enthusiasm as well as the warm and welcoming inclusion of family members - and a marvellous buffet! Held at a suitable outside venue, a very festive and fun atmosphere was present as was a sense of celebration. My mother was dressed in her personally chosen new party clothes and was very much encouraged to enter into the spirit of things, clearly in her element. Even when I had to leave early due to other caring responsibilities, she was actively engaged in the party activities to her no doubt delight.

This is just the latest example of the personalised care and support given to my mother and even over the few months she has been resident in Cochrane Home, I can bear witness to her flourishing personality and ongoing sense of happiness there.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find the care of my mother very good at Cochrane Care Home. The staff are kind, caring and treat the residents well.
I feel more activities could be available and I feel there could be more equipment made available for residents. For example, there is only one stand aid for two units which is not really satisfactory. Plus more outings should be offered.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

It is difficult to find anything to be unhappy with. My wife has settled so well in this care home and is due to no small measures of the friendliness and efficiency of the staff at all levels.
The surroundings are really nice and the building is kept spotlessly clean and provide an aura of efficiency.
I would be very happy to recommend Cochrane Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Donna Neill, Home Manager at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 30 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your kind comments. It is good to know that you are happy with the care given by our staff team at Cochrane.

Happy with review and all care being received. Pleased with the cleanliness of the home and kindness of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Likely

My husband has been a resident since December 2016. During his stay, he has had a few health problems and been moved to hospital a few times. I feel that he was taken care of in a very professional manner before entering hospital, and after the care staff and indeed all staff have been very caring and kind and when our family visit we feel welcome. My husband has settled in and seems to know most of the care staff by name. The home is always clean and tidy and the residents are well taken care of.
I would mention that the furniture is in need of updating and a larger television would be most helpful and enable more people to see it.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in the Craigston unit for 6 months now. She has dementia and is immobile therefore needs a high level of care. The staff at Craigston manage mum's needs with care and professionalism. We were delighted at how quickly mum settled into care the staff played a large part in that. They are always available to speak to us if we have any concerns.
Although mum cannot participate in activities, she is always included.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Likely

Brilliant! Happy with all the care my wife has had up to now, I still visit the home and they always welcome me.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been here for 8 weeks, she enjoys the company outings and meals. The staff are really helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 02 Feb 2017:

Thank you for your feedback. It's lovely to hear your mother is enjoying living at Cochrane.

My mum has been here for 8 weeks. I am very happy with the care and attention she receives, she enjoys all her meals and enjoys the entertainment when on and loves the company.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad your mother has settled in well and is enjoying herself.

I would highly recommend this care home. My mother has settled in quickly due to the professionalism and friendly caring attitude of the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your feedback, I'm very pleased to hear you're happy with Cochrane and your mother has settled in well.

The month of December has been good for Mum as different types of activities have been organised including going out to a hotel for Christmas lunch and a trip to the local church pantomime in the home's own minibus where all the staff, activities team and management would appear to have gone beyond their normal realms of duty to satisfy their residents and Christmas day dinner was a treat. Well done to all to and a special thanks to all at The Craigston Unit.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jan 2017:

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear your mother enjoyed all the Christmas festivities.

My wife has had two weeks respite at your care home. I found all the staff very helpful and friendly and would have no hesitation in recommending yourselves. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

In the short time that Dad was in the Craigston wing of Cochrane Care Home before he passed away, we as a family were very satisfied with the care that he received. The staff were excellent and treated him with great respect. They were very attentive to us as a family. In the last few days of Dad's life, there were six of us with him day and night and nothing was too much trouble for all the staff. They treated Dad with dignity. We would definitely recommend Cochrane Care Home.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 10 Oct 2016:

Thank you for your kind feedback, I'm pleased to hear you were so happy with the team at Cochrane.

My mother was a resident at Cochrane Care Home for the past 18 months. During this time she was very well cared for by a team of well qualified, well motivated, caring staff who stopped at nothing to ensure my mum received the best of care possible. They also looked after all the family and visitors at every visit. We felt they had become part of our extended family. My mum passed away on 18th August 2016. She was very peaceful and my sister was with her. As a family, we would recommend this care home to anyone thinking of looking at places for their loved one.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Redecoration could be done throughout the home. Staff polite and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 27 May 2016:

Thank you for your feedback. We have redecoration in various areas of the home planned for Cochrane for the coming months so I hope you will see a real difference very soon.

December was a very cheerful time in the home as the staff and residents fully embraced all the festivities. Children's choir came into visit from local schools which the residents really enjoyed.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Dryden, CEO at Cochrane Care Home responded to this review on 22 Feb 2016:

Thank you for your feedback.

My mum is well looked after by the staff and is well fed, she seems quite happy where she is and I am pleased with her care.

How likely would you be to recommend Cochrane Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you are happy with your mother's care.

Submit a Review for Cochrane Care Home

March 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cochrane Care Home