Beechwood Lodge

Meadow View, Norden, Rochdale OL12 7PB

Beechwood Lodge is a brand new care home in the Norden area of Rochdale. The team focus on personalised care for older people, including specialist dementia care, carried out by skilled professionals who are dedicated to high standards and personalisation.

Group: Berrycroft Care

Person in charge: Jillian Grimbley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Rochdale Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 66 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Beechwood Lodge: click here

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Beechwood Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Beechwood Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.1 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.627 for Beechwood Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (54 Excellents x 5) + (27 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 83 Ratings = 4.627

The 4.053 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Beechwood Lodge is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 13.2 positive Reviews (66 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 13.2 Target = 0.303

8.7 Beechwood Lodge has a Review Score of 8.7 (8.680) from 7 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Beechwood Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Beechwood Lodge

My mother, who passed away suddenly on 23 December 2017, had been a resident from when Beechwood Lodge opened by a couple of months. As a family we couldn't have wished for a better home, from management downwards I have nothing but praise. She was always immaculately presented, clean, her room was always fresh and clean and the staff were caring, friendly and always informing me of my mum's wellbeing. The food was second to none, wonderful. Activities were there whenever my mum wanted to do things, we knew that whenever we left she was being cared for to the best of their abilities. One had no worries at all. The staff were so friendly I felt that they were part of our family and I will remember them with great fondness.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Lodge? Extremely Likely

The care home is usually clean and well presented. The staff are on the whole friendly and helpful. There seems to be a fairly good range of activities provided. The kitchen staff have been accommodating as far as my relative's special dietary requirements are concerned. The manager is not very responsive to email queries concerning my relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Lodge? Likely

My mum has been resident at Beechwood Lodge for three years. Staff are caring and the manager is very approachable. She enjoys the food and has put weight on. I always feel comfortable when I visit. The staff make me feel welcome and are always approachable. When I leave my mum following a visit, I know she is being left in good hands. It is a huge weight off my mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mum was the first resident to move into Beechwood Lodge in November 2014. I have always found the staff to be caring and supportive to both mum and myself. I am kept informed of any and all changes in my mum's condition and find the staff approachable. If I have a problem I take it to the senior or manager and we work together to resolve it.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Lodge? Extremely Likely

My very elderly mother-in-law has been resident since Nov 2015. With several medical problems and dementia and neglected by GP and other services in London she had deteriorated rapidly - almost unrecognisable! Staff at Beechwood Lodge got a firm grip on her medical, physical and emotional needs. She looks 100% better than when she arrived; spotlessly clean, hair done, on a nutritious diet, calm and amenable. Rigorous management of medication has all her physical conditions under control. Mum is settled, happy and has made friends. We have a good relationship with staff; friendly, approachable and always try to make time to talk. I can't praise current manager and administrator enough for all their efforts in facilitating mum's move under extremely difficult circumstances and their help with all the complex issues that followed. Satisfied she is in the right place and confident her on-going care needs will be met. Above all, the kind and caring staff have made Beechwood a proper 'home' for her.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Lodge? Extremely Likely

I love all the staff, they're so caring and helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Beechwood Lodge? Likely

Beechwood Lodge is outstanding particularly the staff/carers are perceptive of the residents needs and efficient. The atmosphere is friendly and comfortable. Incidents are dealt with promptly and residents kept safe for their own and others actions and potential harm. Visitors and residents alike are treated with kindness and courtesy. Beechwood Lodge is a pleasant place to spend time.

Submit a Review for Beechwood Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Beechwood Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Beechwood Lodge