Willow Park Lodge, Dover, Kent

Willow Park lodge is a residential care home which prides itself on exeptional standards of care for its residents.

Willow Park is a compassionate, professional and friendly care home and works closely with residents and their families to offer a truly person-centered approach.

The facilities at Willow Park Lodge are a real home-from-home setting and whatever is important to the residents is important to them too.

Group: Athena Health Care Group

Person in charge: Amanda Odd (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 79 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Eating Disorders • Mental Health Condition • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 65 to 110.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £690 – £850 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Willow Park Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Independent Living Training • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Directions from Dover Priory Train Station:-
Start: Priory Station Approach Rd, Dover CT17, UK
Head south towards Priory Station Approach Rd,
Continue onto Priory Station Approach Rd,
Slight left onto Folkestone Rd/B2011,
At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Priory Rd/A256
Continue to follow A256
Turn left onto Coombe Valley Rd

Willow Park Lodge is open to showrounds for people looking for a potential family member, if a showround is required, please contact them on the number provided so the home can ensure there is someone available to dedicate their time to visitors.
Willow Park Lodge gives a warm welcome to relatives visiting loved ones at any time of the day or night, however the home ask visitors to respect the privacy of other residents living within the lodge and request minimal visitors after 20:00 as other residents may be in the lounges in nightware.

There is a limited amount of parking on site, there is also off road parking with a maximun stay time of two hours in the local area.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Willow Park Lodge: click here

9.7 Willow Park Lodge has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.690)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Willow Park Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.9 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Willow Park Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.931 for Willow Park Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (134 Excellents x 5) + (10 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 144 Ratings = 4.931

The 4.759 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Willow Park Lodge is based on 12 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.8 positive Reviews (79 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 12 Reviews ÷ 15.8 Target = 0.759

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Willow Park Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Willow Park Lodge

• Relative of Resident/Service User

Willow Park Lodge is a beautiful, modern, purpose built care home with facilities that cater for both of my parents, which was previously proving difficult to find as their personal needs are so different. My Father moved in first back in July and was followed several weeks later by my Mother and both of them are happy to be able to still be together. It has a friendly, caring atmosphere and the staff are always happy, which makes it a lovely home for all of the residents to live in and relatives to visit. As we are all getting to know one another, its beginning to feel like 'one big happy family'.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

It is very reassuring to know that my Mum is in a safe and secure environment. The staff are friendly and very kind and always welcome me when visiting. The bedroom is bright and airy. The main lounge is very comfortable with plenty of sofas and chairs in small groups, which encourages sociability. The staff organise lots of activities for the residents to take part in. The food is varied and enjoyable and I have enjoyed lunch with my Mum on a regular basis

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

This home is amazing. The attention to detail is exceptional. High standard of cleanliness and thoughtful caring staff. One member of staff told me "it is a privilege to work here". I certainly would recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

A lovely home for the residents. The staff are really great and go the extra mile in looking after and helping everyone there. I can't find anything negative to say about Willow Park Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

I initially went in for respite for 2 weeks. I returned permanently as I was very lonely in my flat. My past experience of care home respite 6 years ago were bad. However, at Willow Park, I am treated with care and respect and am far from lonely.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

Services and staff absolutely wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have got to say that after seeing my stepmother die at 90+ in misery. I think this home has caring compassion and respect to the elderly. I hope this is open when it's my time. You have given my mother-in-law a new lease of life.

My step mother died in a nearby home.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

My mother initially came into Willow Park Lodge for two weeks respite after a fall.
Up to this point, she was anti any care home. On returning to her own home after 2 weeks she made the decision to return to Willow Park Lodge permanently. This was and is due to the constant care and professional treatment given by all the staff. I've never seen such a wonderful home.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

My husband was greeted with such warmth from all members of staff on his arrival, it made such an emotional day easier.
I cannot describe the excellent care he is receiving. All needs are catered for.
The facilities are exceptional.
The care extends not only to me but my family also.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

I have done 4 or 5 visits so far and I very sincerely like the place, the staff and the various rooms. I feel so very welcome and there is a friendly attitude by staff, the chef and others. When asked by friends and neighbours about what it is like etc, I have only two words, 'very nice'.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

It's like a 5-star hotel, the chef cooks for you exactly as you would like it. The staff are very caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Willow Park Lodge? Extremely Likely

A wonderful caring home, with truly amazing staff. Nothing has been too much trouble for them helping my mother on a daily basis. I know my mum can be quite picky! And requires lots of TLC which they give her every day. I feel very lucky to have my mum here and it's huge peace of mind knowing she is in such great hands.

Submit a Review for Willow Park Lodge

Glenn

Glenn Johnson

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2017

People have said I am a hardworking person and they are confident in me as they feel I know my job well. I am a sociable who gets on well with everyone.

My family and friends are important to me especially my four children.
My career is also very important to me as I have worked hard to get where I am and enjoy what I do.

Although it is my job, I enjoy cooking as a hobby too.
I also like to read a lot, I enjoy a variety of books but I mainly like thrillers.
When my children are with me, I enjoy getting out and about with them, going to the zoo and the park etc.

Eileen

Eileen Cassidy

Joined: 2017

I have been described as having an hilarious personality and always up for a laugh. They have said I am able to contribute to any conversation and know what it is about. People feel I am a delight to work with due to being reliable, honest and hardworking.

My fella is the most important thing to me as he makes me so happy.
My job is also important to me as I like to learn new skills and feel I get along with everyone I work with.

I enjoy going fishing with my fella. I have a passion for Manchester United and like to watch them along with the F1, darts and snooker.

Amanda Hopgood

Job Title: Senior Healthcare Assistant

Joined: 2017

I'm kind and I love to help people out when needed. I've been told I'm a good listener to peoples problems. I am a good friend and I have a caring heart. I am also a good team player.

My family are the most important people to me and if they are happy, I'm happy. I love to have my grandchildren stay over now and again.
Once a month, we like to go out for a big family meal.

I haven't got any hobbies, my interests are being with my family, making happy memories enjoying days out, having baking days with my daughter and going out on long walks.

Angela

Angela Amer

Joined: 2017

People believe I am easy to talk to and a good listener. They feel I am a hard worker and will try most things. I have been told I have a good sense of humour and I am easy to get along with.

My family are important to me, especially my two grandchildren who are 4 and 19.
I feel relaxed and happy when I am sat out on my patio in the peace and quiet.
I enjoy seeing everybody happy, it has always been a dream of mine to work in a holiday camp like Butlins.

Between working and spending time with my grandchildren, I don't have an hobbies of my own but I consider my grandchildren my hobby. We play all sorts of games, especially in the garden when the weather is nice.

Emma

Emma Gill

Job Title: Senior Night Healthcare Assistant

Joined: 2017

People feel I am approachable and easy to talk to. They have said I am a caring and thoughtful person who will always help. I have been described as a loyal friend who is trustworthy.

My family and my variety of pets which include my dogs Diesel, Mickie and Bruiser, my two cats Alfie and Jaffa, my rats Lola and Daisy, my hamster Arnie and my fish all make me smile.
I enjoy spending time with my friends, they always cheer me up.

My hobbies include caring for my animals and walking my dogs. I also enjoy spending time socialising with my friends and looking after my goddaughter, Summer.

Geoff

Geoff Minter

Job Title: Sous Chef

Joined: 2017

People say I am honest and hardworking. They feel I am friendly and approachable and they say I have a good sense of humour. I have been described as ambitious and willing to give tasks a try to the best of my ability.

My family are important to me and spending time with my friends always makes me smile.
Animal and human rights make me happy as I am a caring person.
My tattoos are important to me because they are meaningful and personal to me.

My hobbies and interests include singing and songwriting, I do this for fun as well has gigging.
I enjoy gardening, foraging and being out in nature. I volunteer and animal sanctuaries.
I enjoy exploring Buddhism and eastern philosophy.

Jennifer

Jennifer Cobb

Joined: 2017

People feel I am a happy, chatty person who likes to laugh. I have been described as outgoing and willing to try most things. I have been told I am a hardworking and loyal person.

My friends and family are important to me. These include near and far, as I often travel to see my family for long weekend away with my partner.
I am at my happiest when I am relaxing and socialising with those closest to me.

I am passionate about Liverpool FC and enjoy watching them on the television.
I like to relax with word puzzles or a jigsaw.
When I am socialising with friends I enjoy dancing.

Julie

Julie Healey

Joined: 2017

People feel I am a good listener, easy to talk to a trustworthy. They feel I am fun to be around and have a great sense of humour. They have said I am kind natured and willing to help anybody.

My family and friends are important to me, along with my horse Maisie and my cat Charlie.
The things that are also important to me is my job and my work colleagues.
I love shopping and taking my grandchildren out, but not at the same time.

I enjoy horse riding, making cakes and doing a variety or arts and crafts, including making cards and calendars.
I am interested in travelling and I have been to various countries on holiday.

Natasha

Natasha Sinclair

Joined: 2017

People think I am trustworthy, open and honest. They feel I am outgoing and will give any task a try. People say I have a good sense of humour and I am easy to talk to because I am a good listener.

My family and friends are really important to me.
I really enjoy my work and my work colleagues and working with older people.
I like to take care of my appearance and always look my best.
I love to do crafts with my children and spending time with them is possibly the most important to me.

I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. I also enjoy doing arts and crafts activities such as knitting.
My daughter is part of a carnival court, so I enjoy attending functions with her.

Rhiann

Rhiann Sinclair

Joined: 2017

People feel I am laid back and an easy going person who they find approachable. I have been described as happy go lucky and easy to talk to.

My children are the most important people in my life. I have a daughter who is 9 and all boy triplets who are 5.
I enjoy my job role supporting older people.
I also enjoy attending staff parties and having fun.

I enjoy activities that I can do with my children, we play football and I am currently teaching them how to rollerblade.
I spend a lot of time with my family, we see each other every day.
I often spend time socialising with my neighbour at her house.

Yvonne

Yvonne Harper

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Joined: 2017

People have told me I an honest, trustworthy, reliable and easy to talk to. They feel I am a good listener and will always help with problems where I can. I adapt my explanations of things so people can understand.

My family and partner are very important to me. Spending time with my friends makes me smile.
My job is important to me and the good relationships I have with my colleagues makes me happy.
Feeling like I appreciated and I have accomplished something whilst ensuring the happiness of others.

My hobbies include looking after and maintaining my magical fairy garden.
I enjoy expanding my knowledge and learning new skills.
I find decorating and painting and any other art calming.

Debbie Finlay

Job Title: Family Liason

Joined: 2017

People feel I am a very cheery character who has an eye for detail. They have told me I am loveable and easy to get along with. I am easy to talk to and will always listen to people who need me to.

It is important to me to help others personally and professionally. I believe it is important to be kind to others, have fun and love life.
The things that make me happy include my daughter and socialising with my friends and family.
My glass is always half full.

I have a range of hobbies that range from interior design to exercise classes. I enjoy sewing and generally pottering around. I dislike shopping.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Willow Park Lodge