Riverside Place (Opening Sep 2018)

Plaxton Way, Ware SG12 7FB

Riverside Place in Ware, Hertfordshire is a brand new luxury offering, providing a smooth transition for our residents into a home where care is a vocation, and interaction is paramount.

Situated on the outskirts of the affluent Hertfordshire town of Ware, and a stone’s throw away from the River Lea and Amwell Nature Reserve, Riverside Place is designed around the needs of its residents and will provide the highest level of residential, nursing and dementia care for up to 72 residents.

The living accommodation is state of the art, with a wealth of communal areas for socialising and activities. Facilities will include a bistro area, private dining room, cinema, hair salon, quiet lounges and activity rooms.

The landscaped gardens are designed by our Chelsea Flower Show gold winning designer, ideal for reading and lounging ‘al fresco’ with friends and family.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Katie Wilkinson (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 72 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette

December 2016

Katie

Katie Wilkinson

Joined: 2018

As the Manager of Riverside Place, Ware, a new care home for 72 elderly residents due to open late Summer 2018, my focus will be on providing a warm and loving environment for people coming to stay with us.

With over 20 years in the care sector I will be proud to lead my professional Care Team in delivering the highest level of care and support for our residents. Beginning my career as a support worker for people with learning difficulties and mental health needs, I then moved into elderly care working as a Training Manager, Peripatetic Manager and subsequently a Home Manager.

I am extremely passionate about those living within our homes being consulted and involved in every aspect of their care. To support this we will be recruiting, and training wonderful colleagues who will seize every opportunity, getting to know residents, relatives and friends and to meet residents’ particular needs well.

My commitment to professional development has equipped me well for my role here, where I work hard to ensure that those in my care lead happy and fulfilling lives, whilst maintaining choice over the care and support they receive. I promote an open-door policy encouraging colleagues, residents and their families approaching me on any matter.

Caring Homes values match well with my own and I am totally committed to ensuring that residents receive the high levels of care and protection they deserve. As a people person, what drives me and makes my job worthwhile, is the opportunity to make a positive impact in residents’ lives and their families’ lives. I believe by developing strong relationships with residents and their relatives, this makes to the successful running of a care home.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Riverside Place