Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor, Tadley, Hampshire

Cherry Blossom Manor is a beautiful purpose built nursing and residential home set in the leafy rural village of Bramley. Finished and furnished to an extremely high standard offering a homely yet first class spacious environment with plentiful landscaped gardens and en-suite shower rooms for every resident.

The dedicated and experienced team are passionate about providing quality care and specialist 24hr nursing that affords the best possible alternative for those who are no longer able to manage at home. Carers empower residents to regain independence, choice and freedom in their lives in a safe and comfortable setting.

The Memory-Lane Community specialises in innovative dementia care to enable every resident to thrive in an environment designed to stimulate and enrich their lives whilst giving families peace of mind and security. A person centred team are experienced in responding to the challenges that dementia presents, at whichever stage of the journey.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Gigi Despojo (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 77 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor: click here

posted 12 Jan 2018

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

9.4 Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.413)

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 33 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 27 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.413 for Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor is calculated as follows: ( (209 Excellents x 5) + (138 Goods x 4) + (43 Satisfactorys x 3) + (2 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 392 Ratings = 4.413

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor is based on 27 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.4 positive Reviews (77 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 27 Reviews ÷ 15.4 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor

On each visit to Cherry Blossom Manor, we have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The home is homely, welcoming and clean. We are very happy with the standards of the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor? Extremely Likely

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 11 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your positive feedback which I have shared with the team.

We are very happy with the treatment received in the last month and the client seems very happy.

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are so glad you are happy with all the care in the last month, we will of course let the staff know. Again thank you.

My mother moved to Cherry Blossom Manor 8 weeks ago. I was very impressed with the caring and efficient way in which she was welcomed and integrated into her new surroundings. All the staff are kind and approachable and nothing is too much trouble. Despite her dementia, they have made great efforts to get to know Mum and understand her, her likes and dislikes. The surroundings are all very pleasant and there is a happy atmosphere on Memory Lane.

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 05 Dec 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete this feedback for us and for helping others when deciding on possible future options for themselves and their loved ones on deciding where to live. I have shared your feedback with the team and we will use this to improve our future practice.

I can honestly say that I could not have hoped for better care for my dad in his last year of life. The care, companionship and support shown to be given to my dad was beyond my expectations. My appreciation to all the staff that cared for him, cannot be extended enough to show how much it means to me and meant to my dad. Thank you.

Zoe Haines, Operatiosn Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 05 Dec 2017:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always a pleasure sharing such moments in peoples lives. I have shared your feedback with the team.

I have found the staff friendly and very helpful when needed, especially when I have to change my friend's trousers following a mishap. Couldn't wish for a better place for my friend to be in.

Thank you for your positive feedback, I have shared this with the team.

Every time I visit, the place is always clean and tidy, with the staff looking after all efficiently and they seem caring. Most times when I come, it is the end of lunch, so there is always clearing, helping the last to finish. My mum's room is always clean and tidy, and I am impressed generally with the lack of 'dirty' smells - overall good!

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. It is very important that your Mum lives in a clean and beautiful environment and we are proud that we can offer these lovely facilities.

Excellent care from all the staff.

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 24 Nov 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete this questionnaire and share your feedback with us. Your comments are really important to us and I will ensure the staff are aware of your feedback.

Excellent care from all staff.

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 23 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your very positive feedback. I will ensure the team hear your comments.

I really enjoyed the party on Saturday (Barchester's birthday party). The food was excellent. the home was beautifully decorated and I loved the entertainment.

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 14 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your positive feedback, I will ensure this is shared with the team.

I really enjoyed the party on Saturday for Barchester's 25th birthday. I really enjoyed watching the others getting their pictures done by the caricaturist. I loved watching 'George and Ginger' and it was a very good atmosphere - I look forward to seeing them again!

Thank you for your positive feedback and taking the time to complete this review. I will ensure the team hear this positive feedback.

My experience of coming to see my husband each week has always been positive. He is very well looked after and I can tell he is happy here. He is a very quiet man. The staff accept this which is respected by him.

Thank you for your positive feedback. Feedback is very important for us to ensure we are delivering good care and meeting the needs of our residents.

Mum became a resident at the start of 2017. We found the management and staff to be polite and very helpful in getting Mum settled in and putting our minds at ease.
My family and I feel confident we have made the right choice for Mum as the management and staff continue to be very helpful and supportive. We feel Cherry Blossom Manor to be a nice quiet and relaxing environment when we visit.

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I will make sure I share this with the staff.

I was very pleased with all the treatment.

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 08 Nov 2017:

Thank you for positive feedback and taking the time to complete a review for us. I will share this with the team.

We have been extremely happy with the care and attention our father has received at Cherry Blossom.
All the staff have been very good with Dad, Mum and us.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and for your positive feedback. I will ensure this is shared with the team.

From being very apprehensive for my first visit to a care home, I am overwhelmed by the level of care and patience shown by the staff at Cherry Blossom Manor. Nothing is too much trouble to make my stay a very pleasant experience. I will keep in touch with them until I need another stay!

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 26 Oct 2017:

We very much value any feedback received. Thank you for taking the time to do this review. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the team.

Understanding staff, good facilities, good communications, a god send. The home feels good. The relationships between me and the staff are excellent and I feel at home. Mother has settled in well. I have a high trust of the staff and I know my mother is in very safe hands. I can speak from after looking after my mother with my sister for four years. I am content.

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 16 Oct 2017:

Thank you for your positive feedback I will ensure this is shared with the staff. I am happy your mother is settled and you have a good rapport with the staff.

Fantastic care home extremely clean. Very professional nurses.

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 22 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your positive feedback and kind words. I will ensure this is shared with the staff.

I would like to express that we have been very happy with the way they look after our relative very well, very gentle and patient, also great sense of humour - puts relatives needs first which is so important - these feelings I know are felt by everyone.

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 30 Aug 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We always appreciate feedback and will ensure that this is shared with the team.

There seems to be a staff shortage issue and lack of care for my mother.
I found that she is often still in bed at 12:00 midday unwashed and undressed.
The laundry basket was crammed full with one weeks washing outstanding.
I have made comments to the manager in July who said he is aware of issues and problems and is aiming to solve a deep rooted staff/motivation issue.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor? Unlikely

Staff: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Zoe Haines, Operations Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 29 Aug 2017:

Feedback is a very important tool for us to develop and improve our services we provide to our residents and we appreciate the time you have taken to leave your feedback.
Please could you contact me to arrange a meeting, at your convenience, to discuss these matters further and address the concerns that you have raised in your email.

We've been very pleased with Cherry Blossom since Mum came here in May 2016. Since the manager came in January we have been impressed with any changes, and in May the manager was extremely helpful with the arrangements for Mum to attend her grandson's wedding. All the staff and carers have been so lovely and helpful. We have another wedding in August to sort!
Food is the only thing we would mark down a bit but mum is very fussy!

Standards have fallen due to not enough staff which is such a shame, not good for the residents or the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor? Likely

Lee Houston, General Manager at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor responded to this review on 15 May 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to review our home and leave feedback. We are pleased that the majority of the areas you have rated as good. The home is currently under new management and continually strives to assess, review and improve services wherever possible to ensure that we are providing the best service to people who live in our home.

Generally excellent. Sometimes things become a little disorganised, mostly caused by staffing problems. Food is passable. Portions are quite small, except salads which are good but excellent when they have remembered to order onions and are quite large.

Very special care home. Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor gave me my life back again. The staff have given me so much support. When I leave here, I will go out a stronger person.

Looked after very well and very happy here. Staff are fantastic.

Feel happy most times. Sometimes not so happy when I'm not feeling too well.

Very happy with home.

The care home is very nicely run and feeling of a home from home.
The only issue is the cleaning in rooms could be better and high class. So if they could address this it would add to people's stay - we have added an Air purifier to help the air be clean and fresh.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor? Likely

The whole experience of moving mum from another home after 2 weeks was a positive one. We arrived without an appointment late one Sunday night to be shown around the home. The move was made easy and stress-free by the staff including Manager, Admin, Reception and Matron. A warm welcome, caring staff and lots of TLC has helped my mother to settle well and now stay permanently at Cherry Blossom. The atmosphere is friendly, caring and most of the staff are brilliant. Thank you, Cherry Blossom.

Overall care is good, one of the best we have seen, but they lack attention to detail.
Nursing care is good most of the time.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor? Likely

It was good to get away knowing that my husband was safe and in good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor? Likely

My sister has been living in this care home for 6 months. I have always found her happy and contented and can only find the care she has received excellent.

Our mother was a resident of Cherry Blossom Manor Care Home for 14 months until her death. She was well cared for, treated in a very good manner. It was very comforting for us to know she was in a safe and caring environment.

First I must state that the staff are excellent and it is heart warming to see the interaction between staff and residents. I have visited for over 2 years, food is good and residents have a certain amount of freedom which is good. I'm not there 24-7 but sometimes wish there were more staff for one to one time. Thank you.

Submit a Review for Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor

Gigi

Gigi Despojo

Joined: 2017

Hello, my name is Gigi. I am genuinely interested in people and making a difference in their lives. I have been a registered general nurse for 25 years, but I have always have in my heart service for elderly. I like also to develop people into leaders with a heart for service.

Lilly

Lilly Wood

Job Title: Head of Housekeeping

Joined: 2014

Hi my name is Lilly and I am the Head Housekeeper. My role has evolved since being at Cherry as I have worked as a Care Assistant, a Senior Health Care Assistant to now being Head of Housekeeping. I enjoy socialising with the residents as I go round and clean, and I feel I have a special rapport with them. I enjoy maintaining a high standards of cleanliness to the home and get a lot of satisfaction from what I do.

Chris

Chris Waite

Job Title: Sous Chef

Joined: 2011

I have worked at Cherry since it opened in 2011. I have enjoyed a variety of roles at the home which has helped me become a rounded team member, able to readily adapt to any role within the home. I discovered I had a passion for cooking and support the Head Chef in preparing high-quality meals which our residents, families and staff all enjoy.
I especially love going the extra mile for our big events that we routinely held at the home. You may not recognise me dressed as Spiderman at our summer fete, or whizzing around in 80s gear at our birthday bash, however, I love to have fun at work and enjoy making others smile.

Rita

Rita Gray

Job Title: Head of Unit SRN

Joined: 2017

I originate from Lincolnshire where I trained as a nurse. I moved to Hampshire in 1981 working at Queen Alexandra Hospital until having my family. I returned to work in 1987 and have worked in Elderly Care since in a variety of settings. I have 2 children (grown-up) and 2 cocker spaniels. I enjoy knitting and cross stitch in my spare time. I believe in trying to give a good standard of care and to have good communication skills with colleagues, families and residents.
I joined Cherry Blossom in January 2017 and lead the nursing care on the nursing floor Wellington.

Tess

Tess Grossmith

Job Title: Admin Assistant

Joined: 2011

I have been at Cherry Blossom since just after it opened in 2011. I started as a Carer mainly on our Memory Lane, then went to Reception followed by Admin Assistant. Cherry is a warm environment to work in with lovely residents, families and friends of them and staff. In my spare time, I like to catch up with friends.

Ali

Ali Mather

Job Title: Finance Administrator

Joined: 2011

I have worked at Cherry Blossom for the past 6 years. I am the Home Administrator and I really enjoy working at the home and meeting all the residents and their families. All my working life I have been involved in Finance and Care and this role suits me perfectly as it combines both of these. In my spare time I enjoy eating out, shopping and socialising. I also enjoy walking my dog Bailey and go to an occasional clubbercise class.

Bogdan

Bogdan Opar

Job Title: Maintenance Manager

Joined: 2013

Hello, my name is Bogdan. I am part of the Cherry Blossom team and have been here since November 2013. It is my job to make sure that our home and gardens look great at all times. So whatever your loved one needs no job is too big or too small just look for the man in green.

Matt

Matt Kelly

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2011

I have worked at Cherry Blossom for 6 years. When I first started I worked as a kitchen assistant. Since then I have trained for 4 years to now lead the kitchen as Head Chef. Working closely with Barchesters training team I have learnt my trade on the job and hold vocational qualifications in cooking. Understanding our residents dietary requirements but also preferences is key to my role, alongside providing high quality dishes chosen by our residents.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Cherry Blossom Manor