La Fontana

Foldhill Lane, Martock TA12 6PQ

La Fontana is on outskirts of Martock, surrounded by beautiful Somerset countryside. The team have tried to think of everything someone living with dementia could need in this innovative purpose built home.

Including installed sophisticated technology to give you and your family added assurance. Intelligent bedroom sensors detect movement and allow for gradual illumination in the room which can also alert carers to someone needing assistance. An innovative care planning system, ensures staff know everything they need to about how you choice to live.

Enjoy stylish and comfortable living in one of five thoughtfully designed suites. Each suite benefits from spacious communal areas and large skylight windows, allowing natural light to pour in.

Outside residents find an elegant fountain and secure gardens with raised flowerbeds, vegetable planters, ponds and patios. A favourite with residents and the local community is La Fontana’s petting farm, home to rabbits, reptiles and other small animals.

Group: Notaro Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Florin Vranceanu (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Somerset County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 76 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Stroke

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single from £925 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact La Fontana to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on La Fontana: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for La Fontana is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for La Fontana in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.599 for La Fontana is calculated as follows: ( (128 Excellents x 5) + (67 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 202 Ratings = 4.599

The 4.592 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for La Fontana is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.2 positive Reviews (76 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 15.2 Target = 0.592

9.2 La Fontana has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.191) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend La Fontana?

Reviewer Connection to La Fontana

• Power of Attorney/Solicitor of Resident/Service User

Reception is easy to interact with and visiting access is good. There is an adequate number of staff and they are often visibly engaged with residents. Residents appear content within the limitations of their own state (e.g. dementia).
Refreshments are freely available and living and kitchenette facilities are clean. My mother appears well cared for and communications from the care home indicate due attention to details of personal living (e.g. hair dressing, foot care, clothing needs).

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at La Fontana responded to this review on 09 Aug 2017:

On behalf of La Fontana and Notaro Care Homes, thank you for writing such a detailed review of our home in Martock. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff working within the home.

My father has been at La Fontana nearly four years. The building, rooms, bedrooms etc are first class and immaculate. The staff are wonderful. They always phone me if there is the slightest information to pass on.
The fantastic outside paths and landscape have been very important for my father. He is difficult to manage in dementia but La Fontana staff do a brilliant job. I have seen quite a few care homes. I am very glad I chose La Fontana.
The staff have a great understanding of my father's needs.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at La Fontana responded to this review on 03 Aug 2017:

May I pass on my sincere gratitude to you for taking the time to write such a lovely review of our staff and facilities at La Fontana. It's wonderful to read how much your father enjoys walking around the grounds and the service you receive from everyone involved in looking after your dad. On behalf of Notaro Homes, thank you once again and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

The home is a calm environment, staff very kind and attentive. Visitors always made welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

Very pleasant home, facilities excellent, plenty of staff and clean and easily accessible. Entertainment/activities seem to be sporadic. In the beginning, Pa was taken out, but nothing since last year. Keeping me informed of Pa's welfare - very good.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, Public Relations Manager at La Fontana responded to this review on 28 Jun 2017:

Hi, Firstly can I thank you for taking the time to write a review of La Fontana. It's so wonderful for the hardworking staff to hear the lovely comments often made by our relatives, I will be sure to pass them on. I will also highlight your concerns around what appears to be a lack of external trips. I will notify the manager, who should be in touch with you shortly.

On the majority, the home is very clean most of the time. Staff are friendly and helpful. However, my wife has a broken left leg and has to wear a brace during waking hours. Some care assistants cannot fit the brace, after 3 months, this is not ideal. The brace is fitted immediately when I report this. The food and personal hygiene is above normal standards.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Likely

Many thanks for taking sharing your views and opinions of La Fontana. I would like to say that I have raised your concerns with the Management of the home and hope you hear a desirable response soon. Please feel free to contact me directly, if you have not heard from someone shortly. Kind regards.

This purpose built home for dementia care has been a godsend to me as there is no way I could have cared for my mother. To say that she is a difficult customer is a huge understatement. I am totally in awe of the staff who have to deal with her and other challenging residents.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

We thoroughly appreciate the time you have taken to write your review of La Fontana. I will ensure that all the staff looking after Mum receives your comments. On behalf of the company, thank you

The nursing staff are friendly, helpful, efficient and attentive to patients. The patients are well fed and appear content. My father and my aunt live at La Fontana and both seem relatively settled. Their rooms/ensuite have a pleasant outlook and patients wander in the gardens.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Likely

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share with us your opinions of La Fontana. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our staff and those that care for your Father and Aunt. Thank you on behalf of Notaro's for sharing this review.

Ever since my partner was placed in this home, I cannot fault the care and attention she has received. It has been impeccable. The staff are excellent, the rooms cannot be faulted and the food is excellent. Overall, I cannot fault this home.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to review the care and services at La Fontana, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff who cared for your partner.

Our mum is generally extremely well cared for in this well appointed dementia care home. We visit her regularly and she is always dressed nicely and often greets us with some small token of recognition, aided by us and the staff reminding her who we are.
there have been a few concerns regarding Mum losing weight a little too rapidly but this has been addressed by our dad visiting at lunchtimes a couple of times a week at meal times when she can then be assisted with feeding and our dad eats there as well which he enjoys.
The staff are on the whole extremely patient and very positive with Mum, it's always clean and generally tidy, there's often entertainment provided and Mum enjoys that.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

My Mother moved to La Fontana in March 2014. Sadly she passed away a few days ago at the age of 98. My family and I have nothing but praise and admiration for the devoted care she received from all the Staff at the care home. We were always kept fully informed regarding any changes to her care and were always made welcome when visiting her.
The end of life care was delivered with dignity and respect which was reassuring to us at a very difficult time. We were impressed with La Fontana from the day we first walked in and that has never wavered.
I would have no hesitation in recommending La Fontana.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

Sharon Warren, PR Manager at La Fontana responded to this review on 30 Sep 2016:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review of La Fontana and our staff that work there. I will be sure to pass on your comments. We are thrilled and touched to hear that your mum was given the care, support and dignity every individual rightly deserves. Thank you once again for sharing such kind words.

When my father was moved from a nursing home in Surrey he arrived in a very distressing state, my wife and my brother had collected him and conveyed him to Somerset. On arrival the staff came to his aid and gave him first aid, called the on-call doctor, and the next day he was transferred to hospital where he spent the next 2 weeks recovering from various problems. On his return to La Fontana he was given the best care - myself, my wife and the rest of the family thank the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

Home is excellent, well staffed, very clean, no smells that are unpleasant. Good chefs. Well managed caring staff. Good ratio of staff to patients. Purpose built, good security and plenty of activities.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

I visit my husband three times sometimes, four times each week. He suffers with vascular dementia and from post polio syndrome. I usually go there at lunchtime to help encourage him to eat. Being there so frequently I can observe the attitude of the carers and nurses towards other patients. The nurses are always ready to answer any queries and sympathetically discuss the good and the bad moments or what medicines the patient is taking. The carers are on the whole very good. Naturally this depends on their character, some are tremendously patient and helpful, some do their job well. I have not found anyone discourteous or rough. Lunchtime is very demanding as several patients need feeding individually and if a self sufficient patient may need something, he has to wait a little to be attended to. The meals are on weekly rota, and this should change yearly as they become too repetitive for patients who are still very alert but physically dependent. Information on any fall i.e. during the night etc. is passed on to the next of kin by telephone, which is reassuring. On the whole the premises are kept very well, frequently cleaned during the day and the atmosphere is very pleasant.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

We are always made to feel welcome whenever we visit. Staff are always kind and respectful to the residents. I feel well informed about the care my mother is receiving. The home is clean and well ordered.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

Good Food. Excellent cleanliness. Excellent staff. Excellent events for staff or to take residents out. Great outlook. great internal entertainment. Information to me re anything.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

We wife has been a resident at La Fontana for nearly 4 years. The home should be a benchmark for the government would be well advised, to at the least copy these standards. She has frontal lobe dementia and needs constant care. The management and staff are providing this both to my wife and myself when her condition upsets me. I will be forever grateful to this, they are wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend La Fontana? Extremely Likely

Our first appearance the premises afford the residents a large amount of personal space, whether it be in their own room or communal setting, and within a short period of time all residents are treated as neighbours. The restriction between units by way of electronic pass is a shame but practically essential.
Individual care can vary between carers but generally the well-being of the resident is well catered for. At times communication between carers and residents is difficult due to the residents disabilities and/or various accents, written daily accounts/records vary with each author and at times difficult to comprehend.
The facilities are kept clean and tidy but on occasions staff need reminding of special request/defects. Laundry whilst being done regularly can be damaged or discoloured on occasions. There appears to be an abundance of food and drink with residents encouraged at all times. Staff appear relaxed and able to cope with the individual residents needs.

Submit a Review for La Fontana