Gainsborough House, Warrington, Cheshire

Gainsborough House is a home that offers expert nursing care with comfortable luxurious furnishings and a friendly atmosphere.

Each suite has lounges, a library, cinema room, beauty salon, a lovely garden.

There are also activity rooms. where visiting entertainers, reminisce experts and others can engage residents in a variety of stimulating activities.

There is a wide range of entertainment and activities as the home aims to boost each individual's physical, emotional and social wellbeing.

Group: London & Manchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Anne Hughes (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warrington Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 72 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Gainsborough House: click here

9.6 Gainsborough House has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.568)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Gainsborough House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Gainsborough House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.665 for Gainsborough House is calculated as follows: ( (173 Excellents x 5) + (67 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 248 Ratings = 4.665

The 4.903 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Gainsborough House is based on 13 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.4 positive Reviews (72 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 13 Reviews ÷ 14.4 Target = 0.903

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Gainsborough House?

Reviewer Connection to Gainsborough House

• Cousin of Resident/Service User

Dad is wonderfully cared for at Gainsborough House. The staff are largely caring and approachable. I couldn't wish for a better home (except his own of course!)

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

I have visited Gainsborough House every week with my sister-in-law, to see my brother. From the moment we step into the reception area the atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming. I have visited many care homes in the past to see friends and relatives and Gainsborough is by far the best I have seen. The staff are wonderful and make everyone feel so welcome and answer all questions with kindness, patience and good knowledge.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

Anne Hughes, Home Manager at Gainsborough House responded to this review on 20 Sep 2017:

Dear Bernadette, thank you for your kind words. I am so proud of our team here and reading your comments has made the team very happy.

I continue to be very pleased with the love, care and support my mother receives after a number of years as a resident in Gainsborough house. The staff are committed to making her as comfortable as possible at all times. Their support has very much extended to myself at difficult times for which I shall always be grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

Anne Hughes, Home Manager at Gainsborough House responded to this review on 14 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your kind words regarding the care of your Mother. I will pass on your comments to the dedicated staff team

On each of my visits, regardless of the time, mum is dressed (wearing colour co ordinated clothes) with her hair done. The staff put her jewellery on for her. They make sure she has her special things nearby at all times.

All the staff's attention to detail is fantastic, from the domestics to the unit manager.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

Gainsborough House is a well-run and efficient Care Home. A nicely decorated, bright and cheerful place offering a friendly, calm and welcoming ambience. Whenever we visit our father, who is a double-amputee and a dementia sufferer, we find him well-dressed, hair-washed, well-looked after and content. His room is tidy, clothes nicely laundered and hung in the wardrobe, and both room and bathroom are clearly regularly cleaned. Residents always seem well-fed, with good food and decent portions. The carers are very attentive, knowing how to handle sometimes difficult situations and managing the physical needs of the residents. In our experience they go above and beyond just caring, and we've been very impressed at how much time they spend chatting and joking with Dad, having spent time getting to know him on a personal level. It is, without a doubt, several levels above many of the other care homes that we've seen in the north-west of England.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

I have been visiting Gainsborough House for the past 5 years in March. I am happy with the service that my mum gets, the home is clean but I do feel that the carpets need attention. Apart from this, I am happy with everything else.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Likely

I have been a friend of the resident for 35 years. I visit him every day for the last 4 years and I see it first hand what goes on in the home. I find the staff lovely and have never seen anything untoward, they do the best for the residents. The home is always kept clean, and all the staff do a brilliant job.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

It is a friend who is a resident in the home, we have been friends for 60 yrs his care is really good, and the food looks lovely, the cleanliness is spotless, and I like to visit him, I can not comment on value for money as I don't know the cost if his stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

My husband came to Gainsborough House on the recommendation of the granddaughter of one of the residents. When I visited him, as he arrived from the hospital, the care and friendliness that was given to us both immediately put me at ease, the nurse introduced me to relatives of other residents and this helped me to cope with leaving my husband in the care of staff. The carers work as a team and are polite and caring to me and treat my husband the same way. The activities are varied thus helping stimulation of the residents. My husband has put weight on since being in the home, I suspect due to the nutritional and tasty food the residents are given. He certainly enjoys the food as did I when we were invited to a tasting session. Relatives and friends are encouraged to join events. The decor of Gainsborough House is tasteful and certainly gives the impression of a hotel, but no matter what the surroundings it's the care that matters and I'm very happy with the care being given by current staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

The home is lovely and the care is fantastic. I have been coming for 6 years and have nothing but praise for the home and the staff. I always enjoy my visits. The staff are always extremely pleasant and polite and the residents are treated well, and everyone always seems really happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

I would just like to thank all staff at Gainsborough House. My mum has only just become a resident but everyone has made her feel so welcome and everyone is so caring and helpful, nothing is to much trouble. To be honest I was dreading my mum going into care as her dementia can make her very tearful. But she has taken to it so well and all my concerns have gone, I know she is in the right place. The centre is more like a plush hotel than a care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

I would just like to express my gratitude for the staff especially those on the 2nd floor where my mum is. Mum is very well looked after and the staff are unfailingly helpful, patient and cheerful under pretty extreme circumstances. Difficult not to be really impressed with the whole team thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

My mother was a resident at Gainsborough House from April 2016 until she passed away in October 2016. She had dementia and medical issues and the care she received was excellent. Throughout her time there, she was treated with respect and the staff, without exception, were outstanding. The hotel style design, decor and facilities were comfortable and stylish and so different from so many care homes. It was a pleasure to be able to spend time together in the lovely lounges and garden and join in some of the varied activities and entertainment. It was obvious from her smart appearance that my mother was very well looked after every day. Most of all, however, we are thankful for the genuine loving care that she received from all of the staff and are particularly grateful that she was able to spend her last days in peace and with dignity. All of the staff were considerate and kind and did everything possible to liaise with us at all times about my mother's health and well-being.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

My father is well cared for and is reliant on the quick judgement of the nursing staff in diagnosing when he is about to develop a water infection. He is very prone to these and in doing so they are able to nip it in the bud before it gets full blown and saves him prolonged suffering. His mind is still sharp and the feedback he gives me about his care in all aspects is positive.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

Not a bad word to say, a great care home. The home is like a hotel, very clean and welcoming at all times. The staff have been great with my mother and us as a family. They always make time for us whenever we need to talk or discuss my mother's care. Since being at the home my mother's general well-being has greatly improved.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

My husband has Alzheimers and was previously at a sister home where facilities and care, in my opinion, were second to none and Gainsborough House is no exception. The staff from Owner to Domestics have been so welcoming, approachable and supportive since he moved there last May. Nothing is too much trouble. He has had one to one daytime support but staff are really accommodating and very respectful. The home is very homely and you are made welcome anytime.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

My wife is well cared for as the carers are respectful and understanding of her needs. It is evident that the carers are happy and enjoy their work. At meal times, under some pressure, the carers are super. Meals are excellent and tailored to the residents needs. I have reservations as to suitable activities for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

My friend who was terminally ill came to Gainsborough House in February 2016, and when I brought her, I was immediately impressed with the personal welcome and care shown to her, myself, her sister and brother-in-law.
We were shown kindness and hospitality and this continued throughout my friends time there. She was able to make her room as she would have had it at home. She was treated with care, dignity and respect by all the staff and it was evident that good relationships had built up between my friend and the staff. I would recommend this place to anyone and appreciate that a care home is only as good as the staff, who are paramount in delivering the care required.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

My mother entered Gainsborough Care Home in October she appears to have settled in extremely well and I have found everyone within the building to be both kind and caring, from administrative level to the nursing level, to the activities ladies and the hairdresser. The atmosphere is friendly and very often my mother has responded very well to their treatment of her. I cannot recommend this home highly enough and it was actually through your website that I came across this home. Thank You.

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

Never could we have imagined my father would tragically join my mother as a resident of Gainsborough House. The staff know him as the loving husband of my mother Frances who was admitted with vascular dementia over a year ago. My father visited every day and the staff were amazing with them both. Tragically after a fall and pneumonia my father was diagnosed with mixed dementia in December 2015 when he was admitted. The staff are utterly amazing - it is humbling to see such care, compassion, concern - the holding of a hand, arm round a shoulder to reassure during the anguish and upset. No words can convey the gratitude to the staff at Gainsborough for their care for the two most important people in our lives who had succumbed to this devastating illness. The only peace of mind we have is knowing that they could not be better cared for and respected as valuable human beings - parents and grandparents brothers sisters community pillared, whilst working to the best of their ability to provide an holistic "service" to their residents and to attempt to reassure to families that their loved ones are valued and treated with compassion and dignity. Thank you everyone, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts .

How likely would you be to recommend Gainsborough House? Extremely Likely

Today was the first time I visited my friends mum since she came to Gainsborough House. As it is purpose built I expected it to be well done, but I was bowled over by the design the wide corridors, the good sized rooms and the activity/social areas. I have over the years visited a number of nursing homes, but none as well designed and well equipped as this one. And even better, the staff were excellent caring professional and approachable. An exceptional place. Thank You.

Submit a Review for Gainsborough House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gainsborough House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gainsborough House