Barchester Beaufort Grange

Hatton Road, off Long Down Avenue, Cheswick Village, Bristol BS16 1AH

Barchester Beaufort Grange, Bristol, Bristol

Beaufort Grange is a luxurious purpose built home specifically designed to meet the needs of adults of all ages.  Cleverly divided into six smaller units, Beaufort Grange retains a real sense of warmth and immediately feels like home.

Located in the heart of Cheswick Village, a new residential development in North Bristol, just off the Filton Ring Road, Beaufort Grange is easily accessible via all modes of public transport and is within a short distance of junctions of the M32, M5 and M4 motorways.

Equipped to provide Residential, Nursing and Dementia care to adults throughout Bristol and the South West, Beaufort Grange can offer care and support packages tailored to the needs of each individual, including a range of therapy services.

Accommodation at Beaufort Grange is spacious and furnished to a high standard. Every room has an en-suite wetroom and ground floor rooms have access to beautiful landscaped gardens.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Kelly Whittington-Gidley (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Bristol City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 74 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barchester Beaufort Grange: click here

posted 30 Oct 2017

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

8.5 Barchester Beaufort Grange has a Review Score of 8.5 (8.470)

The Review Score of 8.5 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Beaufort Grange is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.1 out of 5 from 9 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Beaufort Grange in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.4 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.065 for Barchester Beaufort Grange is calculated as follows: ( (41 Excellents x 5) + (41 Goods x 4) + (20 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) + (2 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 108 Ratings = 4.065

The 4.405 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Beaufort Grange is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.8 positive Reviews (74 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 14.8 Target = 0.405

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Beaufort Grange?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Beaufort Grange

• Widow / Widower

My experiences here have been positive I am more confident in myself and the things I can achieve with the love and understanding of all those around me. The permanent staff are very good. Some of the agency staff not so confident in how to treat residents because of lack of continuity the same applies to nursing staff. Overall a good place to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Beaufort Grange? Likely

Kelly Whittington-Gidley, General Manager at Barchester Beaufort Grange responded to this review on 20 Sep 2017:

Thank you Samantha for giving us such a positive review. Much Appreciated.

I am happy that my wife is being looked after, and is being given any medication prescribed as and when required. A nurse is always on hand to supervise this.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Beaufort Grange? Likely

Thank you very much for completing the review. Your feedback is much appreciated.

The building is only 4 years old and purpose built, it is excellent. When I first came here I did not realise how many people here suffer from dementia, so it's not just a care home.
This year there has been a high turnover of top admin staff. It is unsettling. It is very dear here!
The activities team is unsatisfactory. One person is trying to do the work of three. Staff and assistants do their best, some are exceptionally good.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Beaufort Grange? Likely

Thank you for your valuable feedback. If there is anything we can do to improve your experience at Beaufort Grange, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Food soft sometimes, asked for puree menu - still waiting. No sweet most days, cake or fruit. I bring in sweets.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Beaufort Grange? Extremely Likely

Ami Livesey, Divisional Clinical Lead Nurse at Barchester Beaufort Grange responded to this review on 29 Apr 2017:

Thank you for the feedback, it is good to see that you rate most aspects of our service so well. I apologise that you have not found the activity provision to be of an acceptable standard and I can assure you understand the importance of this in our home. We have recently recruited a new member of staff to our team, so I am confident this will not be an issue going forward. Please feel free to come and see me at any time, but thank you for taking the time to review Beaufort Grange

Find the use of too many agency nurses not suitable when they come on a one-off basis. On the whole food good but needs to be warmer and more vegetables per portion. Although activities good need more for the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Beaufort Grange? Likely

I have been a resident since May 2015 following an emergency operation. This newly built care home was one year old then and appeared to be running smoothly, although being on a restricted food diet myself, I was not happy with the food! Since that time there have been losses in staff and management necessitating greater use of agency. January 2017, however, many changes were made and things are gradually returning to normal due to the recruitment of good staff and management. Hopefully, the food will improve too and it will be more appetising and less repetitive.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Beaufort Grange? Likely

The charges for staying at this home are very high and unfortunately the care received does not reflect this. For the past eighteen months there have been issues with management which has resulted in a high turnover of staff and over-reliance on agency staff. Many of the carers who have continued through this period are excellent and try to do their best for the residents but that level of service can’t be relied upon.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Beaufort Grange? Extremely Unlikely

Overall Standard: Poor

Care / Support: Poor

Management: Very Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

I visited the care home today, (06.04.16) and as always the residents were having a great time but the staff member who really sticks out for me every time I visit is the lady on Activities, she is simply one of the best activity coordinators I have ever seen, not only does she create a great program for the residents and encourage them all to join her but her utter natural enthusiasm and personality shines through and reflects on all of the residents in Beaufort Grange and simply brings out the best in every single one of them, my friend said today she is the only one that speaks to him normally and they get on like a house on fire. More people like her should be assigned in these positions and she is the best role model I have seen for a while. I hope this recognition finds her well as she deserves it.

Well done, you cheered me up too!
What a great woman!

My husband who has now passed away stayed at Barchester Beaufort Grange for a period of respite. I must say I was very impressed with everything. The staff are lovely.

Submit a Review for Barchester Beaufort Grange

Kelly

Kelly Whittington- Gidley

Hi, my name is Kelly, and I am the General Manager here at Beaufort Grange. Whist I am a fairly new face here at Beaufort Grange taking on this role from July 2017, I have worked for Barchester for 2 years now, initially working at Bryn Ivor Lodge in Wales. Prior to this I spent many years working for the NHS. I thoroughly enjoy my job and look forward to the future here at Beaufort Grange.

Sarah

Sarah Daly

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2017

Hi, my name is Sarah, and I am the Deputy Manager here at Beaufort Grange, I joined Beaufort in July 2017. I qualified as a Mental Health Nurse in 2004, I have experience in working with adult acute, as a CPN, and I particularly have a passion and interest in caring for those with dementia. Welcome to our family here at Beaufort!

Nita

Nita Marks

Job Title: Head of Unit

I have been qualified for 21 years, and have worked in a variety of settings with the elderly. I enjoy helping those who require more complex care and those who are living with dementia. I like building relationships with residents, relatives, colleagues and health professionals.

Neil

Neil Hodges

Job Title: Head of Maintenance

Hi, I am Neil and I am part of the maintenance team. I thrive to ensure that I can make the environment as homely and inviting as possible for our residents. I have worked here for 18 months and I really love it.

Steve

Steve Oakley

Job Title: Kitchen Assistant

Hi I am Steve, and I work in the kitchen as a kitchen assistant. I love working with food!

Helen

Helen Price

Job Title: Hostess

I have been here since the very beginning of Beaufort Grange! I really enjoy my role and helping the other hostesses!

Sue

Sue Friel

Job Title: Head of Housekeeping

Hi, my name is Sue, and I am the head housekeeper. I have been a member of the Beaufort family for 4 years now. The best part of my job is the residents and my pride is ensuring that I go home each day with the home how it should be!

Jordan

Jordan McGuinness

Job Title: Kitchen Assistant

Joined: 2013

My job is to help prepare food in the kitchen and keep the catering areas clean and spotless.

Kayleigh

Kayleigh Cottrell

Job Title: Activities Coordinator

Joined: 2014

I am responsible for delivering quality activities to all residents at Beaufort Grange. With the help of Kayleigh & Simon we are always improving and having fun.

Tracey

Tracey Burgess

Job Title: Senior Carer

Joined: 2013

I help co-ordinate the care throughout the home and work on all floors getting stuck in wherever I can.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Beaufort Grange