Barchester Milford House Care Home, Salisbury, Wiltshire

Milford House Care Home is a Salisbury residence, surrounded by scenic countryside and close to numerous local amenities, offering 24-hour nursing care and a professional respite service.

The home has been purposely refurbished to suit older people's care packages, combining the charm and character of the property with modern care capabilities.

Staff are highly-qualified and work to tailored care plans, while encouraging each resident to pursue an active lifestyle and their own personal interests.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Catherine Fountain (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wiltshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 75 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Milford House Care Home: click here

posted 11 Aug 2015

Elderly Frail, Palliative Care, Physical Disabilities

The user 'Review Score' (8.8 for Barchester Milford House Care Home) is based on 6 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Barchester Milford House Care Home

This is a most remarkable care home in which every resident is treated with the utmost respect. Many of the staff have worked here for 18 to 20 years and there is never any sign of disagreement or discussion of the residents. Everyone smiles and all visitors are welcomed - at any hour. Constant attention and care is given and clearly monitored. My wife has been bed ridden with advanced Alzheimers for the past 2 years and I can't speak too highly of the care she has been given. I have my own name down for when the time comes !

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Milford House Care Home? Extremely likely

Barchester Milford House Care Home

My wife recently spent one weeks respite care in Milford House care home. The care she received was excellent, provided in the most efficient and comfortable atmosphere. The staff were all friendly, helpful and efficient. The food was good, well prepared and served. The house is an interesting building providing opportunities for community activities and relaxation for the residents.

Barchester Milford House Care Home

My husband has been a resident for about two years. I have always found his care excellent. the staff are very caring and nothing is too much trouble.

Barchester Milford House Care Home

We never wanted for my Dad to go into a care home as we knew that it was something he never ever wanted. It came to the point that he could no longer be safely looked after at home and we had to choose a placement for Dad. Milford House by far is the best home I have ever been to. The clients that live there are able to tell you themselves that the place is fantastic and that they love it there and are well looked after. I just dropped in one day with my mum before we had decided where Dad was going to, we were welcomed in by staff members, offered a cup of tea and shown around the house, it was so homely and welcoming. My Dad moved in a week later and I have found that the staff are fantastic and bend over backwards to assist. My Mum enjoys going in daily to visit my Dad and also takes part in the activities. I can't thank you for all enough for the ease of transition and the help and support that you are giving us and my Dad.

Barchester Milford House Care Home

The resident was in this care home for 10 years 3 months until death. Overall welfare and care of the resident always the first priority. Rapid and appropriate reactive care given as the residents health changed. Regular, clear and honest updates of residents well being always available. Cleanliness of residents room well maintained. Ample variety and quantity of wholesome meals and drinks always available. Manner of care given is always considerate, sympathetic, clam, professional and positive. Carers and nurses always use common sense and initiative. A culture of cheerfulness, sensitivity and genuine caring for the residents prevails throughout the hands on staff and through the administrative offices.

Barchester Milford House Care Home

Always a welcome for visitors, patience and tolerance in abundance. Knowledge of patient's background, family, medical history and needs. Smiling staff whether in the office, in the rooms, dining rooms etc. Variety of activities available for those willing/able to take part. Couldn't ask for me.

Submit a Review for Barchester Milford House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester Milford House Care Home

Care Assistant

┬úcomp + free training + benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Salisbury, Wiltshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Milford House Care Home