Barchester Milford House Care Home, Milford, Salisbury, Wiltshire
Barchester Milford House Care Home
Barchester Milford House Care Home

Milford House Care Home is a Salisbury residence, surrounded by scenic countryside and close to numerous local amenities, offering 24-hour nursing care and a professional respite service.

The home has been purposely refurbished to suit older people's care packages, combining the charm and character of the property with modern care capabilities.

Staff are highly-qualified and work to tailored care plans, while encouraging each resident to pursue an active lifestyle and their own personal interests.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Catherine Fountain (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wiltshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 75 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Milford House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester Milford House Care Home

(Elderly Frail, Palliative Care, Physical Disabilities)
posted 15 Sep 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester Milford House Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Barchester Milford House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester Milford House Care Home on Friday 25 July 2014 by Clare G (Wife of Resident)

My husband has been a resident for about two years. I have always found his care excellent. the staff are very caring and nothing is too much trouble.

Review of Barchester Milford House Care Home on Wednesday 23 July 2014 by Debbie Emm (Dennis Jerrard)

We never wanted for my Dad to go into a care home as we knew that it was something he never ever wanted. It came to the point that he could no longer be safely looked after at home and we had to choose a placement for Dad. Milford House by far is the best home I have ever been to. The clients that live there are able to tell you themselves that the place is fantastic and that they love it there and are well looked after. I just dropped in one day with my mum before we had decided where Dad was going to, we were welcomed in by staff members, offered a cup of tea and shown around the house, it was so homely and welcoming. My Dad moved in a week later and I have found that the staff are fantastic and bend over backwards to assist. My Mum enjoys going in daily to visit my Dad and also takes part in the activities. I can't thank you for all enough for the ease of transition and the help and support that you are giving us and my Dad.

Review of Barchester Milford House Care Home on Friday 13 June 2014 by John Vickerman (Friend of Resident)

The resident was in this care home for 10 years 3 months until death. Overall welfare and care of the resident always the first priority. Rapid and appropriate reactive care given as the residents health changed. Regular, clear and honest updates of residents well being always available. Cleanliness of residents room well maintained. Ample variety and quantity of wholesome meals and drinks always available. Manner of care given is always considerate, sympathetic, clam, professional and positive. Carers and nurses always use common sense and initiative. A culture of cheerfulness, sensitivity and genuine caring for the residents prevails throughout the hands on staff and through the administrative offices.

Review of Barchester Milford House Care Home on Monday 19 May 2014 by David W (Mother - resident)

Always a welcome for visitors, patience and tolerance in abundance. Knowledge of patient's background, family, medical history and needs. Smiling staff whether in the office, in the rooms, dining rooms etc. Variety of activities available for those willing/able to take part. Couldn't ask for me.

Review of Barchester Milford House Care Home on Thursday 17 October 2013 by Rex H (My wife is a resident)

My wife has been a resident at Mildord House for the past 5 months in an advanced stage of Alzheimer's dementia. The home is an outstanding example of care, efficiency, and imaginative community support many of the staff have worked at the home for many years (18 to 20 years in some cases) and the atmosphere is one of quiet kindness and constant personal care. The use of space and time is creative and everything is done to make each individual feel at home. I am constantly impressed by everything I see twice a day.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Milford House Care Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Barchester Milford House Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Registered Nurse (RGN)

£To be discussed

04 Sep 2014

Head of Care Nursing (RN)

£To be Discussed

04 Sep 2014

Registered Nurse

To be discussed

22 Aug 2014

Senior RN

To be discussed

22 Aug 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Milford House Care Home