Blenheim House

39/41 Kirby Road, Walton on the Naze CO14 8QT

Blenheim House is an innovative care home with 54 luxury bedrooms, a private landscaped garden, a selection of lounges and physiotherapy facilities.

Residents being cared for at Blenheim House have the advantage of being located close to sea views, in the pleasant community of Walton-on-the-Naze.

Regular days out ensure that residents experience a varied day-to-day lifestyle, with many health benefits and an experienced team of carers to call upon for any problems.

Group: Regal Care Trading Ltd

Person in charge: Gay Smith (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 57 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £500 – £550 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Blenheim House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Blenheim House: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Blenheim House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 34 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Blenheim House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.7 out of 5 from 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.717 for Blenheim House is calculated as follows: ( (312 Excellents x 5) + (76 Goods x 4) + (18 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 407 Ratings = 4.717

The 4.702 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Blenheim House is based on 8 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 11.4 positive Reviews (57 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 8 Reviews ÷ 11.4 Target = 0.702

9.4 Blenheim House has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.419) from 34 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Blenheim House?

Reviewer Connection to Blenheim House

• Cousin of Resident/Service User
  • Grandson of Resident/Service User
  • Partner of Resident/Service User

I visit my nan on a regular basis at Blenheim House. She always seems happy and only says good things about the home, staff and meals that always look amazing. She compliments the activities as they always seem to do things my nan likes to do. Personal experience with the home staff and manager are that the home is well led and the staff always seem to be happy. I like the fact that the staff appear to have worked at the home for a while and it is nice to see familiar faces on every visit - Keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

Blenheim is a very caring home. The staff are very kind and the food is very good, always made from fresh ingredients. At Christmas, they make a very special time for everyone.
My mother is very happy and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My mum has been at Blenheim House for a little over two years now, she is very happy and settled. The food is wonderful, fresh and a lovely variety daily. Leading up to Christmas this year they have had different live entertainers, it's been so lovely for them all. We always feel really welcome there - a real home from home. They have an activities lady who is also a highly trained care assistant, so there is lots going on. I would definitely recommend Blenheim House.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

This home is very well run. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. It is clean and tidy and my cousin is very happy there.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

Blenheim House cannot be faulted. My cousin is very happy and contented there and the staff couldn't be more dedicated. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Gay Smith, Manager at Blenheim House responded to this review on 12 Jan 2018:

Many thanks for your kind comments.

I visit a resident at the home on a weekly basis and have done for more than a year. Everyone I have encountered of the staff are fantastic at the work they do and the care they provide. They are always happy despite any difficulties and are more than happy to fo the extra mile with residents and visitors.

I cannot praise the staff highly enough or thank them enough for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My partner has been a resident here for the past year and a half. In all this time he has been treated with great care, kindness and professionalism, even though his health was deteriorating, he was still able to lead a full and happy life thanks to the efforts of staff and management alike. I cannot thank them enough.

Gay Smith, Manager at Blenheim House responded to this review on 07 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Keith, for your very kind comments - we will miss him.

Very welcoming. Staff are brilliant and residents are really well looked after. Food is very good and all parts of the care home always look very clean!

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My dad is now a permanent resident at Blenheim House and I am so happy that he is in their care. He has a lovely room overlooking the garden and whenever I visit the staff are always so kind and attentive towards him. He always has a drink and something to eat in front of him and from the very first day he went to Blenheim House he has always said he is happy. When I leave him I know he is safe and well cared for and that is so very important where a loved one is concerned.

Gay Smith, Manager at Blenheim House responded to this review on 28 Mar 2017:

So very kind of you.

The standard of this Care Home is very high. The staff are vigilant, kind and patient. The bedrooms are clean, tidy and well furnished. The public rooms are well furnished with ample space for all the residents. Nothing is too much trouble and during the recent illness of my cousin the staff could not have been more professional. In fact my cousin was looked after a lot better in the Care Home than she was when taken to hospital.

Gay Smith, Manager at Blenheim House responded to this review on 28 Mar 2017:

Many thanks for your kind comments.

I visited my Nan after Christmas and it was lovely to see the same staff working with no new faces (I don't visit often). I was also pleased to see the home has had some decoration done. Both lounges had been done and it looks lovely. My Nan was the same, no changes, food looked lovely and my Nan never said a bad word about the home. Keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Blenheim House for three years and has been very happy, the staff here are very caring. The home is kept very clean and pleasantly decorated. The food is well cooked and very nutritious. Laundry is done daily and the end product is good. Lots of praise for the manager and all her staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My grandmother has been in Blenheim House for three years. When she came, she was very poorly and unhappy. I have seen her improve so much since she first arrived. The staff are very kind and helpful and my grandmother is very happy there. She loves the food and has good relationships with the staff. When I go to visit, it is very welcoming and feels like one big happy family.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

We find words difficult to find to express how thankful we are to each and every member of staff at Blenheim care home, my stepdad is always warm, comfortable, always has someone near him, checking he is safe and comfortable, such a huge relief to all of us especially his wife Pat, who at last can rest knowing John is finally in a place where he can feel settled, where everyone is so gently understanding and caring towards him. The manager is one of life's treasures, a deeply caring lady, not only towards him, her staff, but to us too. Blenheim is a special place of peace, caring and safety for those who would otherwise be struggling with life. Thankyou, all of you, so very much x

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My sister had to go into care, as she suffers from dementia. She needs to be looked after day and night as she is deteriorating health wise. My niece and I were quite distraught when we had to find a care home for her, but after looking at different care homes we, fortunately, viewed Blenheim House, as soon as we went into reception area we felt that it was what we had been looking for. It was clean, bright, spacious and the rooms for the residents are lovely and well maintained. The food that is offered to them is cooked nicely, well presented and varied. The staff are kind, understanding, caring, friendly and I feel that they will look after my sister the best that they can, she is safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

The first thing noticed about Blenheim House, was the cleanliness which pleased me no end. The staff are all so caring friendly and helpful. The food at dinner time is always hot and well presented, the resident's rooms are light, airy and spacious. I am more than happy. My dear special friend whom I have known for 24 years is now living in this care home. I know she is safe, clean and looked after the way that she should be.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

I felt very comfortable when I visited my sister because she seemed to be much happier there. I was pleased to see how clean the home is and how caring the carers are.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My mum seems so happy being here, the rooms are very clean and the food is good as she was not eating much before, seems to be eating well with the help of the carers. So pleased they have entertainment most days with bingo and music is what mum likes, carers are all so nice and do their job very well as they do need lots of patience. Kitchen staff are all so helpful and look after visitors as well with drinks. Management there are always there to help with enquiries if and when any problems arise. With mums dementia, I know she will be looked after well.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Blenheim House since 23rd Sept 16. My first reaction was how lovely the carers are, so responsive and so lovely with the residents as if they are their own family and also how spotless the rooms are. The food is amazing, good hot meals every day and the manager is a star she has helped me get things sorted with mum. I know mum wouldn't be happy and safe there knowing she would never get out the building puts my mind at rest. I would recommend this lovely care home, they also have activities to keep mum occupied most days.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

The manager and care staff made my father's last month very caring and had empathy for me and my sister. I think the home needs updating but the staff are very caring and do a hard job. My father was happy there.

Gay Smith, Manager at Blenheim House responded to this review on 25 Oct 2016:

Thank you for your kind comments. Please come back and see us as the decoration has started and we can see a difference already!

I've had a great time at the BBQ, they have a singer now and then, everyone has a good time and the staff look after you . I give them 10 out of 10. Keep the good work up.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

I find the home a clean and welcome environment with friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Neither Unlikely or Likely

I visited my Nan's neighbour who I am friends with last week. I was pleased to see she looked lovely with her hair done and there was lots going on. There was a lady entertaining the residents. I stayed for lunch time which was cottage pie and looked divine. My friend said food was lovely and the carers really cared. I was offered tea/coffee and even lunch. My overall view of this home was very pleasant and a comfortable lovely place.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident of Blenheim House for the last four years. In all this time I have never had a reason for concern regarding her welfare, which is important because I am not a resident of the UK, so confidence regarding welfare is paramount.

The staff and management are kind, considerate and carry out their responsibilities cheerfully and with patience, and keep me extremely well informed of my mothers health.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My mum had to into a home rather urgently due to her dementia. The family did not have time to even look at homes, but all I can say is I don't think we could have picked a better place for mum. The minute you walk in the door you are made welcome. Nothing seems too much trouble from all the staff. She has a lovely room and always says the food is good. It is nice to know that it is very friendly, it is something the family didn't think we would have to do, but we did. It is a relief to know that she is getting 24/7 care as we couldn't do that.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

I have found all my experience with Blenheim House to be as near excellent as possible. My spouse has issues with some members of staff and an extremely fond bond with others. He has behavioural problems and as a whole all the staff are non judgemental and extremely tolerant. Have left activities blank as am unaware of them simply because my spouse has no desire to integrate.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My mother arrived at the home at 5pm, the staff welcomed here from the time she arrived, helping her get out of the car. I was shown around the home, I was taken to her bedroom. I was offered to have tea with my mother. The staff all came and introduced themselves. Mum feels safe, the food is fantastic but most importantly the care is excellent. I'm happy because my mum has a new happy life in a very clean home. Happy days :)

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

Blenheim Care Home is excellent due to the level of care provided by the staff and manager. I couldn't wish for better care for my father living in a caring environment with all his needs met.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My husband comes for 6 nights every 7 weeks. He is happy while here and I am happy for him to be here. The care is good. He is totally dependent for care and the girls are wonderful with him. As far as diet, they care for all needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

Staff are friendly, helpful and professional. The home is always clean and members of staff always around. Husband is very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

Feel they look after my mother well but it is in need of decoration badly. We were told that hopefully this is being looked at. The residents that can which are not many I feel they should have their brains enhanced re games or reading of stories or maybe on a machine as Mum seems to just sit all day, but feel it needs something.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

My nan has been a resident at Blenheim House for over a year, on the occasions I have visited all staff have been very polite and very professional. I have spoken with the manager on a couple of occasions, she is very approachable and willing to assist with any requests we have as a family.

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Extremely Likely

I find the staff great to get on with and my mother likes most of them. I would like to see more things going on as (taking them out of the home on day trips during the summer months).

How likely would you be to recommend Blenheim House? Likely

Excellent all round performance from what is really a 'no frills' care home.

Submit a Review for Blenheim House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Blenheim House