Belford House

Lymington Bottom, Four Marks, Alton GU34 5AH

Standing in delightful landscaped gardens of some three acres, Belford House has recently undergone a complete programme of refurbishment. It now provides first class facilities for residents who receive the very best care from a dedicated team of trained staff.

The home has three spacious lounges and a newly extended dining room which overlooks the pretty garden. Residents are encouraged to make the most of the outdoor space during warm days with a beautiful wheelchair accessible patio, easily reached from one of the lounges. A newly created hairdressing salon provides in-house facilities for all residents.

The home has en-suite bedrooms on two floors, served by a passenger lift, all of which have garden views, TV's and the option of a private telephone. Wi-Fi is installed throughout and this extends to all bedrooms.

The home has access to a number of GP surgeries and also has excellent links with the community nursing team.

There are bi monthly trips by minibus as well as many other activities within the home for residents to participate in.

Owner: Belford Care Ltd

Person in charge: Joanne Cox (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 32 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £850 – £1050 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Belford House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Belford House: click here

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Belford House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 30 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Belford House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.683 for Belford House is calculated as follows: ( (261 Excellents x 5) + (80 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 357 Ratings = 4.683

The 4.938 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Belford House is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 6.4 positive Reviews (32 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 6.4 Target = 0.938

9.6 Belford House has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.621) from 30 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Belford House?

Reviewer Connection to Belford House

My aunt speaks very highly of all the staff who help her. When I visit, I never see anything that concerns me. I see a very well kept, beautiful care home that looks and feels very homely with stunning shared reception rooms. No feel of an 'institution' but of a most welcoming, homely environment. Staff always make time to talk to us and also always quick to respond to emails with up to dates on my aunt's care. I witness staff being family and truly caring to residents. Thank you to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

The staff at Belford House have been wonderful in helping my mother to settle into her new home. They are kind and caring and treat their residents with respect. The atmosphere in the home is relaxed and cheerful. Visitors are welcomed at any time of the day. Any queries are dealt with patiently and with great consideration too.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

My nan was at Belford House for just under one year and she was very happy there. It is small and homely with a lovely happy atmosphere, with very friendly and compassionate staff. They all looked after my family as much as they did my nan.
She settled in there very quickly and felt happy there. We felt very welcome to visit and were able to turn up whenever we wanted to.
The home is smart, tidy and clean. The staff provide varied activities for all residents and they are tailored to their individual needs. The food is home-cooked and tasty and families are always welcome to eat with their relative.
The Manager and Deputy are very approachable and professional and run the home in a happy, respectful and relaxed way. What the residents want they get and everybody is mindful of the fact that it is their home first and foremost.
My nan sadly passed away recently and my whole family miss her but we are happy that her final months were spent in such a lovely environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Belford House is a beautiful care home where mum was warmly welcomed. The staff are all lovely, friendly and genuinely cared for her to a very high standard. It is a happy place with lots of laughter and residents are well cared for, well fed and activities are increasing to keep everyone stimulated.
The residents appear content and settled in their surroundings. Mum was encouraged to make her room, her own. As relatives, we felt part of the 'Belford family' and felt we could ask questions and were kept well informed at all times.
The staff do their best to accommodate you and the needs of the residents. We could visit at any time, which is very important to families. Every member of staff works extremely hard to make Belford House a home from home for those no longer able to live in their own homes. They also help and support relatives, who will more often than not, be facing a difficult time. It was a very emotional time for us and was made easier by all those at Belford House.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Lovely home with very approachable staff and manager.

The only downside to this home is the lack of activities daily.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Mum immediately settled into life at Belford House where care is tailored to individual needs and the general ambience, decoration and cleanliness superb. The management and all staff evince extreme qualities of understanding, patience and kindness whilst at the same time gently encouraging involvement with many available varied activities, both internal and external. Health and hygiene are noticeably of prime importance and Mum was quick to grab the opportunities for mail manicures and regular hairdressing. Now food is an important part of her life which is both excellent and plentiful. Visitors are always made to feel welcome and part of the Belford family. With all of this, I totally understand why Mum is happy to call Belford House her "home".

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

My dad came to Belford House for respite care but stayed on as he was so frail and couldn't look after himself anymore. He also had the beginnings of dementia. I cannot express how lucky we were to find Belford House when we did. Despite increasing confusion, my dad loved his room, the routine, the food, the courtesy and banter with the friendly staff (on call 24 hours a day) which was so reassuring for him and me. As an only "child" it was such a relief to share dads welfare with the professional staff. The decor was smart, as I would wish for his or my own home. Special comment must be made about the manager and her assistant, their helpfulness and reassurance, with the right balance of professionalism and friendliness. Must also mention the Chef who not only produced lovely meals but when my dad was unwell, offered to make anything at all to tempt his appetite. The doctor was called promptly when the occasion required. I do not hesitate in recommending Belford House.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

From the moment I walked through the door I knew it was the place for my father. We sent him there for a week of respite and to get an idea what it would be like to live there. The staff were all friendly and caring. The house has recently been decorated so it looked very fresh and beautifully accessorised in a way that older people would take comfort. As for my dad, he couldn't fault his stay. He loved his room and the food. He said it had given him a new lease of life. He said the staff were kind and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

I am so glad that we found Belford house for my father. Throughout his stay we experienced kindness and genuine support for him and our whole family. The management of the home is excellent relaxed and caring, and this filters through to the whole staff to make such a happy environment.
Dad's end of life care was everything we could have hoped for dignified, caring and supportive.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Excellent care home, my father was treated with dignity and respect and all his individual needs were met. He never said a negative thing about the home or staff and always said how lovely they all were- what more can a family ask for when leaving their relative to the care of strangers!

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

All the staff were very good and helpful. The meals were excellent and the soup was also lovely. All the other residents seemed to be very happy and I never heard a complaint from anyone else. I spent a very restful two weeks there whilst I recovered from a knee replacement operation.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Sometimes the rooms need cleaning. We are not informed very quickly if there is a problem or incident (i.e fall or sickness) with our relative. In general the staff are caring and responsive.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Likely

My mother came into Belford House in extremely difficult circumstances and all the staff from the manager down were exceptionally helpful and kind and dealt with the delicate situation with great care and tact. My mother has now been in residence for six months and is extremely happy there. The standard of care is outstanding, she wants for nothing. Her accommodation is light and airy and a decent size. The only slight grumble is that there is no bath in her en suite. The staff without exception are kind, courteous and helpful. The communication from the home is pretty regular and I am able to visit her as and when I want. Belford House has changed not only my mothers life but mine too. I no longer have to worry about her- I know she is in safe, kind hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Belford House is staffed and managed by some of the most wonderful people you could ever wish to meet. Without exception they treated my mother with respect, humour and kindness even when mum was being difficult, which was when her dementia and frailty took hold of her last weeks. Nothing was too much trouble and our family will be forever grateful we found Belford House. I will continue to tell everyone that asks (and some others) what a superb retirement home it is.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

We used Belford House for the day and holiday respite for my 91 year old mum. They were always extremely helpful and did their best to accommodate her complicated needs. Mum was always happy to go there and all the staff were very good with her.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

My Mother who is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease moved in to Belford House in Four Marks, Hampshire in January 2016 and within a few weeks had settled well and now considers Belford House home. She is of independent nature and we were concerned that she would find this transition extremely difficult. Belford House staff were unceasingly caring and understanding and nothing was too much trouble. My Mother is extremely fond of all the staff. If there are any medical concerns the local Doctor is called to visit and we are of course immediately informed and we can rest assured that anything that my mother may need from time to time will be accessed for her.

We are able to visit at any time of the day that suits us and every member of staff greets us with a smile and a welcome. Belford House is immaculately clean and in our experience all the residents are extremely well cared for and kindly treated with the utmost dignity.

I recommend Belford House in highest possible terms.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

My wife has become a regular visitor to the home which has provided me with a much needed break as I am her full-time carer. Leaving her each time fills me with confidence as I know she is being very well cared for by all of the wonderful staff there. She was very anxious the first time she went there, however the reassurance of the staff and the calm and homely atmosphere has made her feel relaxed and comfortable. The dining room is absolutely amazing which mirrors the standard of the food. On her last visit a group of residents which included my wife, were taken out on a mini bus to a local pub and enjoyed a meal. I am very grateful to the staff and the management for the care they give her and for my peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Dad started to call Belford House "home" within days of moving in. He was secure, comfortable, warm, well fed and well looked after. Actually, he was spoilt rotten! of course some days were difficult for us visitors as we saw dad gently decline, but what a blessed relief it was to know that he was in such capable and caring hands. The manager and the entire team a truly heartfelt "Thank you"

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

My aunt has had a very positive experience, settled very well. All the carers are very happy and kind and the management team easy to approach and extremely helpful. A very happy team! The laundry seems to find it's way back to the proper place.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

My Mum moved into Belford House in June 2014 and was a changed person because of it! Having lived alone for a long time, she had withdrawn into herself but within a short time of being at Belford, she was smiling, chatting, looking after other residents (!) and going out on day trips, something she had not done for years. The staff were always encouraging her and making sure she got the best care possible. I'm an only child and couldn't be available for every hospital or doctor's appointment and the flexibility the staff demonstrated in getting her to those appointments was brilliant. When the key worker system was introduced, I was delighted with the member of staff appointed as I felt she understood Mum and would be firm but fair with her, something she needed! Sadly, Mum passed away in July 2015, but the end of life care provided was exceptional and I always felt that I was kept informed of what was going on. Thank you to everyone for making the last few weeks of her life bearable.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

My dad went into Belford House four months in November 2015, it was a very big decision as he was leaving his home of 30 years but we as a family haven't looked back. He looks so much better. He loves the company and all the staff are lovely, nothing is too much trouble. The home itself is beautifully decorated and clean. The food is delicious, when can I move in :)

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Belford House is an excellent, friendly, supportive, well run residential home for frail elderly people who I could thoroughly recommend. It has a very homely feel and makes its residents welcome and really part of a community. The staff have endless patience and look after everybody with huge care and compassion. My mother feels totally confident that at this point in her life everyone is totally dedicated to her health and wellbeing.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident for 5 years. She needs overall care as arthritis limits her mobility, no dementia involved. BH meets all her needs in a caring and friendly manner. The home is clean and recently refurbished. It always smells great (v. important), prompt action is taken when ill.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Excellent care in all respects.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Communication with the staff was so much improved when residents were allocated a "key worker". I was particularly impressed when heavy rainfall flooded Belford House, no more could have been done. Also mums end of life care was exemplary - attention to details like mouth care, turning, pressure sore care, help with swallowing and coughing up phlegm. Foods to tempt during the last days help with feeding. The interior d├ęcor of the home is tasteful and uplifting. There is no smell of urine around the home. The maintenance and repair is excellent. Personally there are a few improvements I would like to see but I think priorities are met.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Don't know

My sister has been a resident at Belford House for eighteen months and I am more than happy with the care and attention she has been given. I myself have always been made welcome by all the cheerful staff and management team. I am more than pleased that I chose Belford house to care for my sister.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

My father was welcomed and from the start considered Belford House his home. He always commented on never feeling alone and that all the staff were his friends. As a relative I was always listened to and told of anything concerning my father's well being. He died on Christmas Day 2015 having had the best care possible for over 3 years. His death was treated with dignity and compassion. The staff always went beyond their job description to make my father happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

I am very aware of the difficult year or so that all the staff have had to contend with and I am sure that we all will be pleased to see an end to the upheavals that have occurred and I know are still ongoing. I commend you for the way you have handled everything over this period.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

The care is excellent, there are always plenty of carers to give individual attention to the residents. Residents are treated in a cheerful, friendly, yet respectful way. In six years I have never seen a carer show impatience or be anything but helpful and caring. Following a change of chef the food is now excellent and well presented, with great care to tempt difficult eaters with special treats etc. There has recently been a large scale refurbishment of the home, carried out with the minimum of disruption to residents (but not I suspect the staff) and everything is fresh and attractive. The new dining room is super, every effort is made to keep the residents active and happy. The atmosphere is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Belford House? Extremely Likely

Thank you Belford House. Belford House is a small, homely environment providing an excellent level of care for my aunt. She is respected as an individual and treated with dignity at all times. Rooms and communal areas are attractive, clean and cosy. Food is good and seems varied and nutritious. Management and administration are excellently efficient and flexible. The caring staff are superb: patient, cheerful, kind, approachable and very professional. Laundry is well managed and activities, especially trips are plentiful.

Submit a Review for Belford House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Belford House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Belford House