Greenwood Cottage

40 Tippendell Lane, Chiswell Green, St Albans AL2 3HL

Greenwood Cottage, St Albans, Hertfordshire

Greenwood Cottage is a small residential home for adults with learning disabilities, mental health conditions and complex needs.

The home is located in the historic market town of St Albans, with close amenities including, shopping, restaurants, libraries, as well as historic Roman sites.

Residents are encouraged and supported to have an active role with the day to day running of the home to promote their independence, and are offered a variety of games and hobbies to participate in.

A team of dedicated and skilled professionals ensure the care and support provided is holistic and person-centred to meet the individual’s needs.

Group: Nouvita/Psycare

Person in charge: Gemma Gould (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 6 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Challenging Behaviour • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties

Admission Information: Not suitable for high dependency clients elderly. Ages 18+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £1000 – £1300 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Greenwood Cottage to find out the exact price for your requirements.) (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Greenwood Cottage to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Visitors welcome at all times.

Car Park. Also parking available until 9.30pm opposite in Greenwood Park.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Greenwood Cottage: click here

There are currently no reviews for Greenwood Cottage

Submit a Review for Greenwood Cottage

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Greenwood Cottage

Gemma

Gemma Gould

Job Title: Manager

Joined: 2013

I have worked in adult social care for 19 years covering a variety of services from elderly high needs, nursing, dementia, learning disability and mental health resettlement from long stay hospital placements. I joined Nouvita in Aug 2013 as Deputy Manager at Lavender Lodge and was promoted to Service Manager at Greenwood Cottage in Oct 2013. I have gained a variety of skills over the years and the most valuable one being able to adapt to ever changing legislation. I have undertaken various training over the years including BTEC Care, BTEC Dementia, Level 2 Nutrition, Level 2 Mental Health Awareness, Level 2 Safe Administration in Medication. I’m currently undertaking CQF Level 5 leadership and management in care and a level 3 qualification in Infection Control. I never tire of expanding my skills and feel passionate about delivering the best care and service possible. One of my main interests is using social media to keep abreast of current news, trends and campaigns in social care. My favourite saying is “put yourself in their shoes for a day” this really inspires my staff team to empathise with those they are supporting because as we all know without walking in those shoes we can’t truly know what those we are supporting are feeling… The home is staffed 24 hours a day, which includes waking nights. We work closely with other professionals such as: GPs, community nurses, psychiatrists, social workers and speech therapists, to ensure that each residents needs are managed and met.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Greenwood Cottage