Madley Park House, Witney, Oxfordshire

Madley Park House is a sixty capacity care home located in Witney, dedicated to person-centred methods and offering quality care for adults diagnosed with dementia, with a physical disability or a sensory impairment.

Care charity and provider The Orders of St John Care Trust are respected in the care sector for a flexible range of care provision, making the most of voluntary sector contributions in order to help vulnerable adults achieve a more dignified lifestyle.

Carers respect clients from all backgrounds, support an active and fulfilling lifestyle, and a nutritious diet, while maintaining strong local links.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: Laura Berry (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Madley Park House: click here

9.6 Madley Park House has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.632)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Madley Park House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Madley Park House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.799 for Madley Park House is calculated as follows: ( (184 Excellents x 5) + (35 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 224 Ratings = 4.799

The 4.833 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Madley Park House is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.833

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Madley Park House?

Reviewer Connection to Madley Park House

• Nephew of Resident/Service User
  • Relative of Resident/Service User

Mum enjoys coming for 2 weeks when I have my holiday. This is her 3rd visit and she is always very happy when I pick her up. She loves the food - mostly the puddings.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My mother came into the home in January 2017 for 4 weeks respite. She was greeted with dignity and kindness shown where all the facilities were. My mum had a fall just before coming into the home and this is where she felt the safest. When the four weeks came to an end, she felt she would stay a little longer until the middle of April.
She then decided that her home wasn't the place she wanted to be any longer as she was becoming extremely unstable on her feet. She has had two falls since and we feel we made the right decision for her to stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My dad died on the 7th July 2017 after suffering a stroke on 22nd June at Madley Park. He was treated with care, above the average many times over.

He was as happy as he could be, considering he lost his wife in February 2017.

Overall, I was very happy to leave Dad in the capable hands of some very caring professionals.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My aunt has been a resident at Madley Park for around 5 years. Sadly she passed away at aged 97 in early June 2017.
Throughout her time in the home, I have been constantly impressed by the professionalism, care and facilities provided by the manager and all the staff who looked after and made my aunt's time there a happy and supportive experience. The atmosphere and friendliness shown was superb and enabled me as her only nearest and dearest family member, to be relaxed that she was being cared for by diligent and enthusiastic staff who truly wished her to have a relaxing and stress-free life during the final year of her life. Her personal carer deserves, in particular, the highest praise.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My aunt came for respite recently and it was wonderful. The lady who came to assess my aunt was lovely. She really made her feel at ease and was so caring.
All the staff were so friendly and caring they couldn't do enough for my aunt.
Highly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I chose to come here because I live in Witney and have visited many times.
I need very little help and am free to come and go to all the friends, church meetings and events I am used to with no problems.
The staff work hard, not always easy as I know in my experience of caring for my family.
The staff who have been here sometime are usually very friendly. All still do a good caring job and some are most helpful and interested in you, especially one person.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Likely

As a care home, it lives up to its name. Food is good but repetitive at times.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

Carers are excellent. Mum loved living here. We have always been made very welcome. Overall, we were all very happy with everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My mother was in Madley Park House for over two years.
All staff were very friendly and professional at all times, especially during my mother's final months when she needed constant assistance.
The home was well decorated and always clean and fresh.
My mother was always clean and her clothes well laundered.
Everyone was catered for in the varied activities.
All meals were freshly cooked and there were even home made cakes.
My mother was very happy and settled in quickly.
I would strongly recommend this very caring home.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I cannot express how much I feel. All the staff at Madley Park were fantastic and not just with my Mum but the support and care they gave me and my family. My Mum was cared ad loved very much by all at Madley Park.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Madley Park House for 14 months now and is happy, the staff from the cleaners, office staff, activities lady are all very caring, thoughtful and respect all the residents, nothing is too much trouble. The food is excellent, they can have food or drinks anytime, it is always there for them. They are also always there for the family as well as it is very hard for us sometimes but they always have time to have a word with you or a hug if needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I wanted to say how much I enjoyed being at the fete on Saturday 6th August- it was just lovely. The music sing-a-long, burgers, birds....brilliant. I have praised both staff and employees- well-done everybody. I would like to personally thank three staff in particular.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I thoroughly enjoyed my respite stay at Madley Park. Everyone was very kind to me during my stay. I would love to live there.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for looking after my mother, she enjoyed her stay. Upon arriving we were shown to her room and greeted with tea and biscuits. We were then shown around the home. When visiting my mum there were sometimes activities taking place which seemed fun and engaging, and she enjoyed them. Whenever we visited she always commented on how excellent the meals were and the variety that was on offer. Overall she enjoyed her stay and I would recommend to friends/family who were in need of similar care.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I just wanted to say today's entertainment for residents was brilliant. The singer was excellent of course, but the staff and volunteers made it even more special by encouraging everyone to take part. It was great to see residents singing, dancing, clapping, shaking tambourines you name it! Mum and I really enjoyed it.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

A big thank you for caring for my mum through 2015. Also for your understanding for my dear dad during his visits in such a stressful time. Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

Genuine care and concern shown for my relatives well being.
Staff have a good understanding of my relative as an individual and treat her as such.
Staff also have a good understanding of my relative's needs and strive to meet them.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I regularly visit my aunt and I know she is well looked after. The carers are superb and if you want to know anything you can always speak to someone in charge. The best home I have been in.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My sister and I would like to thank all of the wonderful carers at Madly Park for the excellent care and love you showed our mother. We appreciate the understanding and support you have given us all as a family. The dedication and commitment of everyone has been amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

April Bulman, Home Manager at Madley Park House responded to this review on 01 Sep 2015:

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review. I will share your kind words with my team, who I know will really appreciate them. It was our pleasure to look after your mother; she was a lovely lady who we all miss. All our best wishes to you and your sister, and all the family.

Submit a Review for Madley Park House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Madley Park House