Madley Park House, Witney, Oxfordshire

Madley Park House is a sixty capacity care home located in Witney, dedicated to person-centred methods and offering quality care for adults diagnosed with dementia, with a physical disability or a sensory impairment.

Care charity and provider The Orders of St John Care Trust are respected in the care sector for a flexible range of care provision, making the most of voluntary sector contributions in order to help vulnerable adults achieve a more dignified lifestyle.

Carers respect clients from all backgrounds, support an active and fulfilling lifestyle, and a nutritious diet, while maintaining strong local links.

Group: The Orders of St John Care Trust

Person in charge: Laura Berry (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Madley Park House: click here

9.3 Madley Park House has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.348)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Madley Park House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Madley Park House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.848 for Madley Park House is calculated as follows: ( (113 Excellents x 5) + (18 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 132 Ratings = 4.848

The 4.5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Madley Park House is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.500

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Madley Park House?

Reviewer Connection to Madley Park House

• Relative of Resident/Service User
  • Volunteer

From when my mother went in, the home has always been happy, clean and bright. They do lots of activities. As she went downhill rapidly over the last couple of months and the staff were brilliant. They know the residents very well. I cannot fault it. They were so kind, not only to her, but to me as well.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I cannot express how much I feel. All the staff at Madley Park were fantastic and not just with my Mum but the support and care they gave me and my family. My Mum was cared ad loved very much by all at Madley Park.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My mum has been in Madley Park House for 14 months now and is happy, the staff from the cleaners, office staff, activities lady are all very caring, thoughtful and respect all the residents, nothing is too much trouble. The food is excellent, they can have food or drinks anytime, it is always there for them. They are also always there for the family as well as it is very hard for us sometimes but they always have time to have a word with you or a hug if needed.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I wanted to say how much I enjoyed being at the fete on Saturday 6th August- it was just lovely. The music sing-a-long, burgers, birds....brilliant. I have praised both staff and employees- well-done everybody. I would like to personally thank three staff in particular.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I thoroughly enjoyed my respite stay at Madley Park. Everyone was very kind to me during my stay. I would love to live there.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for looking after my mother, she enjoyed her stay. Upon arriving we were shown to her room and greeted with tea and biscuits. We were then shown around the home. When visiting my mum there were sometimes activities taking place which seemed fun and engaging, and she enjoyed them. Whenever we visited she always commented on how excellent the meals were and the variety that was on offer. Overall she enjoyed her stay and I would recommend to friends/family who were in need of similar care.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I just wanted to say today's entertainment for residents was brilliant. The singer was excellent of course, but the staff and volunteers made it even more special by encouraging everyone to take part. It was great to see residents singing, dancing, clapping, shaking tambourines you name it! Mum and I really enjoyed it.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

A big thank you for caring for my mum through 2015. Also for your understanding for my dear dad during his visits in such a stressful time. Thank you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

Genuine care and concern shown for my relatives well being.
Staff have a good understanding of my relative as an individual and treat her as such.
Staff also have a good understanding of my relative's needs and strive to meet them.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

I regularly visit my aunt and I know she is well looked after. The carers are superb and if you want to know anything you can always speak to someone in charge. The best home I have been in.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

My sister and I would like to thank all of the wonderful carers at Madly Park for the excellent care and love you showed our mother. We appreciate the understanding and support you have given us all as a family. The dedication and commitment of everyone has been amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Madley Park House? Extremely Likely

April Bulman, Home Manager at Madley Park House responded to this review on 01 Sep 2015:

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review. I will share your kind words with my team, who I know will really appreciate them. It was our pleasure to look after your mother; she was a lovely lady who we all miss. All our best wishes to you and your sister, and all the family.

Submit a Review for Madley Park House

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Madley Park House