Linwood

9 Mercer Close, Thames Ditton KT7 0BS

Anchor's Linwood in Thames Ditton provides residential and dementia care in single en-suite rooms.

It has specialised services for elderly people who have dementia and physical disability.

The care home’s well trained staff provide 24-hour care and support to help people maintain their lifestyle while adapting as their needs change.

At Linwood, activities play an important role and staff aim to enhance residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.

The staff pride itself on the quality of its catering, with the chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.

Group: Anchor

Person in charge: Gavin Pathmarajan (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 67 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Linwood: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Linwood is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 27 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Linwood in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.484 for Linwood is calculated as follows: ( (182 Excellents x 5) + (113 Goods x 4) + (18 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 318 Ratings = 4.484

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Linwood is based on 19 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 13.4 positive Reviews (67 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 19 Reviews ÷ 13.4 Target Reached = 1

9.5 Linwood has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.484) from 27 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Linwood?

Reviewer Connection to Linwood

• Power of Attorney/Solicitor of Resident/Service User

I have really enjoyed being here and have appreciated everything done for me by the staff.
Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

After spending 2 weeks here last year when I needed a short time to leave my bungalow and didn't want to go to a hotel. After returning home and had some day carers that did not satisfy my needs when my health got worse, I decided I would like to come back here and am now very satisfied with my second time here and have sold my bungalow having decided to spend the rest of my life here.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Likely

I came to Linwood for a week's respite care after spending 2 weeks in hospital after a stroke. We had work going on at home and felt a week in Linwwod would be best whilst the building work completed. I would recommend what I have done in a similar position to anyone. The kindness shown by all the staff, the excellent food, a comfy room, I could go on.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

The staff here have been very pleasant and caring. The food and attention, on the whole, has been good. Sometimes the staff seem rather too hurried and busy because I think there are not enough of them to cope with some elderly, infirm members of the community.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

Gavin Pathmarajan, Home manager at Linwood responded to this review on 27 Apr 2018:

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Linwood care home. We regularly review staffing in all our homes, based on our resident’s dependency and, when required, we increase this accordingly to ensure they always receive the appropriate level of care.

I really like this care home. It is the best for me and the care staff are sweet. I love being in there. Everyone helps me.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

My mother stayed at this care home from 12th to 21st January.
Although we were very grateful for their support, there are some things that could have been much better. My mother is 101 years and very 'with it' yet vulnerable to falling. It wasn't good for her own wellbeing to be mainly with dementia patients and some of the carers were not smiling, welcoming or friendly. The only food she really enjoyed was the soup and was on one occasion was given stale cake to eat. Also rather than helping her to get to the bathroom one night when she called - the carer just said 'there it is' and pointed to the bathroom.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Gavin Pathmarajan, Home Manager at Linwood responded to this review on 02 Mar 2018:

Thank you for your feedback on your mother's stay with us.

We have taken this feedback in the home very seriously and assure you that all the issues raised will be addressed accordingly. There will be monitoring measures put on the unit to monitor and support staff to improve this.

Our kitchen standards have been rated as very good (5/5) by the Food Standards Agency and we offer a wide range of menu choices, however, the chef manager has been informed and will be putting necessary actions in place.

A really friendly atmosphere, residents and staff all so happy and helpful.
So lovely to see smiles on all faces.
The best care home I have ever been to and I would definitely highly recommend.
Met with the manager - very professional service and went out of the way to help me find my friend.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

I have been staying at the Linwood Care Home for the past six weeks for respite care while recovering from a fractured knee. On my arrival, I was made to feel welcome by the warm and friendly staff.
My room is cosy. The excellent chefs are making delicious vegan meals for me every day.
I feel safe, yet have my independence. I would have no hesitation in recommending an Anchor care home to anyone, especially Linwood for superb service.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

Linwood is a very warm, friendly place with lovely staff who believe in the personal touch. My mother has settled in very quickly and I am really happy to know she is safe and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

Overall a good care home but I have noticed that since the manager has started, this is now becoming a great brilliant care home. One in which any relative can feel confident that their loved ones are cared for in the right way. He manages staff in a way that gets the best out of their abilities - thank you, Anchor, for placing the new manager here.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

Myself and my wife have moved to Linwood two months ago as we could not manage any longer in our house in Hampton Court. I must say we have truly adjusted living here and established our routine. The food is always fresh and tastes delicious. I enjoy talking to fellow friends and even have my own scooter in the home. Staff are very friendly and kind.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Linwood for nearly three years during which time there have been a number of changes in management and staff. However, I have never before been so happy with Linwood under the excellent leadership of the new Home Manager and his team. Since arriving at Linwood, the home manager has transformed the home and one feels that he really has a vision for the future of Linwood.

The food is usually very good and the expansion of "activities" has been dramatic under the new management. I previously recommended Linwood to a friend which led to the recent admission of their mother. Linwood is in a great location in Thames Ditton near Giggs Hill Green and the local Library. I am extremely happy with the care that mum receives at Linwood and am very happy to recommend the home to others looking for a care home for their loved one(s).

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

My father was well looked after at Linwood and I have always been made welcome with my visits, day or night. The staff are very friendly and caring. With the recent change of management there has been a very positive atmosphere and many improvements, both small and large, are being made. I know first-hand that an enormous amount of effort was put into making Christmas an enjoyable, memorable and happy time for the residents. I am especially pleased to see that more effort is being put into activities. Comments and suggestions from residents and relatives seem to be considered carefully and acted upon where possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

My parents have settled into Linwood over the past two weeks with excellent support from the staff. They have made a special effort to get to know Mum and Dad, ensuring that their experience of moving from their home of 55 years has been positive.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

My mum seems very happy and for me, that's priority.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Likely

Our friend has been a resident at Linwood for eighteen months and is happy and settled. She is very well looked after and we have seen a marked improvement in her health.

We had previously been somewhat disappointed in the number and range of activities on offer but there has been considerable improvement in the last few months. Our friend needs some encouragement to participate but particularly appreciates the weekly service and the opportunity to receive Holy Communion.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

Very cosy friendly environment and staff and carers very helpful and pleasant. Always willing to talk to you about your relative.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

Generally, I have found the care home to be very efficient. The staff are very kind and caring. My aunt seems to be very happy where she is.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

I cannot thank you enough for the care you give my Mum. She is so happy with you.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

Excellent service and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

Well looked after. Taken to appointments. Food here mostly good. The staff members are helpful and friendly. Visitors are welcomed and can come and go freely. Dogs can visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Lovely atmosphere, friendly and warm staff. Excellent relationship with family members fostered by staff and management. Mum has a lovely view and is well looked after - happiest when she has her one glass of wine in the evening! Organisation of admin is definitely improving. Mum is happy which means we are too!

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

My mother was in need of24 hour assistance after sustaining a fall and breaking her femur. Linwood appeared to answer our needs. An unannounced visit was made and the staff willing obliged in showing us around. They allowed us to bring my mother in for a day visit to see if she would like the location room etc. The following week she moved in. The room was spacious and airy and very clean with a pleasant view. The staffing levels were very good. The staff were polite, friendly and were all trained in dementia awareness. My mother was happy there, but her stay was short-lived as she passed away four days after arriving there. I was impressed by how they handled this and very discreet to avoid concern for the other residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

Our friend is well cared for in Linwood. It is a warm and friendly environment and the staff are attentive and kind. My only concern is the lack of regular activities for the residents - physically, socially and mentally.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Likely

Since my Mum has been a resident, she has completely come on leaps and bounds. She really likes all the staff and enjoys talking and taking part in the activities with the other residents. We (the family) find all the staff friendly and helpful when we visit.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Extremely Likely

The staff are always very helpful and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Linwood? Likely

The care my father has received is of a particular high standard.
All the staff are warm, friendly, caring and helpful. I visit at all different times of the day/evening and I am always met by my dad being well cared for. The rooms are kept clean and fresh - the food is good and always an option if your relative/friend prefers another choice.
The care is very professional and medication is sorted very well.
It's great not to worry and feel happy about my dads care.

Submit a Review for Linwood

posted 3 hours ago

We currently have two care beds available. Please contact us directly for further information.

Recipient: Anchor