Priors Mead Care Home

26 Blanford Road, Reigate RH2 7DR

Priors Mead has deliberately focused on quality rather than quantity, remaining small enough for everybody to know each other, and their clients and their families love it. To quote one of them:

“The residents smile, laugh and are at the centre of everything that happens. When you can no longer live at home, this is where you would want to be.”

Instead of providing care as it has always been done, the owners of Priors Mead asked what they would want from a care home, and the results are what set them apart. Complimentary quality wine and sherry, en-suite toilets and baths that you would be delighted to have in your own home, staff who measure their length of service in decades, and outings and activities that are chosen by rather than for the clients.

Choosing care is never easy, but from the moment you walk in the door it becomes apparent why Priors Mead is the place you will want your loved-ones to be.

Group: Nightingale Retirement Care Ltd

Person in charge: Joanna Nykiel (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 17 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £846 – £1232 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Priors Mead Care Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Priors Mead Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Priors Mead Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 24 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Priors Mead Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.673 for Priors Mead Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (198 Excellents x 5) + (80 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 284 Ratings = 4.673

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Priors Mead Care Home is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 3.4 positive Reviews (17 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 3.4 Target Reached = 1

9.7 Priors Mead Care Home has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.673) from 24 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Priors Mead Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Priors Mead Care Home

My first impression of Priors Mead was that of a well managed, very comfortable retirement home. The staff are very caring and committed to making all the residents feel at home. It’s a big move when your mum or dad moves into a care home for your loved one and for all the family. Seeing mum settle and get to know the Carer’s and other residents has been such a joy. She loves the food (especially the puddings) and is very at home. She’s even signing again on occasion! I’m so glad we found such a lovely home and highly recommend it.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Choosing a home for mum was made so much easier because of the helpful staff. Mum has settled into life in a care home. Yes, she has had bad days but she has always been treated with such care and attention. Priors Mead is so lovely, staff are wonderful. The home is beautifully furnished and decorated. Always activities, in fact, mum is always doing things or being taken out. One of the nice things is that it is small so everyone knows each other and the residents feel as though they are in a guest house.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Care which obviously is crucial is excellent. Everything else highly satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Likely

I was invited to move here after I commented that the care home I had been recommended to after recovering from major heart surgery prooved not suited to my needs. I had been told by my doctor that I should not live on my own. I was informed that I was not eligible for local authority 24-hour support I would be better off at Priors Mead. I have not regretted my decision.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very welcoming - immediately feel at home. Spotless. Food excellent. Surroundings very good. Garden - sure to be better in the spring, summer and autumn.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff at Priors Mead are truly caring. They provided support and care for my mother in law at a time when our family were stressed and were finding it difficult to come to terms with the care that she needed. My mother-in-law settled into Priors Mead quickly and the communication we received from the home on her health and wellbeing was good. At the end of her life, they accompanied us to the hospital and helped us interact with the medical profession to make sure we had all the equipment we needed to bring mum home to Priors Mead for her last final days. Nothing was too much trouble and we are very thankful for the love and support they showed us.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

A small very friendly, well managed, care home, with carers who genuinely love their job.
Staff are easy to approach with any concerns and nothing is too much trouble.
My mum was there for about 15 months before she sadly passed away.
She was always smiling when I visited and always spoke highly of the staff and the care she received.
Knowing that mum was cared for, loved and treated like one of the family in her last few months, is a great comfort.
If choosing a card home, I would strongly advise viewing this care home. I have no hesitation in recommending it.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has been at Priors Mead for around 3 years. He seems very settled and happy with the overall care. I find the staff and management very helpful and understanding particularly as we have to travel some distance to visit. My family are comfortable with all that Priors Mead do and we can rely on them totally. We know that if we have concerns we can speak to them and likewise, they will also contact us if they feel necessary.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

My sister is very happy at Priors Mead. All of the staff are kind, thoughtful and engaging. All areas of the property are very well maintained and clean. I would have no hesitation in recommending this residential home.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

A well run and well-organised home with lovely staff who genuinely care for their residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

My father has been at Priors Mead Care Home since October 2017. The home is small and friendly. The staff are happy and positive and always pleased to see you. Priors Mead has the feel of a small B&B / hotel rather than the long corridors you find in some of the larger purpose built homes. The residents are asked to suggest activities and outings. The communal rooms are very pleasant and in use with the residents up and about. My father is always well dressed, clean and well fed. He is happy to go back to Priors Mead when it is time for him to return after a family visit out.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot thank enough the wonderful care staff who are looking after my mother in law. They are very caring, attentive to their residents' every need, very welcoming towards their visitors and are always happy to provide information and make useful suggestions. I love the fact that they have a fabulous range of activities which provide a wonderful stimulus and fun for the residents. The rooms are lovely and well equipped, the quality of the meals are excellent and I love the lovely garden and conservatory, which the residents enjoy. The home is extremely well managed and communication with relatives is made very easy and open. Well done to the whole team who obviously feel passionate about their jobs and transmit this to their residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

We were attracted to Priors Mead by the good Care Quality Commission report.
My mother-in-law stayed for nearly a week at the home.
We found the surroundings and staff to be very pleasant.
The size of the home was ideal for personalised care and the responsiveness of the staff to all our requests was excellent.

Highly recommended.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

A small care home with dedicated and involved staff where there is a great camaraderie between the staff who aim to provide their residents with the best experience allowed by their resident's capabilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has just finished her 3 weeks of respite care at Priors Mead. I think that she was well looked after and she was happy enough with her stay. The staff were friendly and helpful when I visited, and appeared to be on good terms with all the residents. There was always someone about if I had a question to ask, and email responses were prompt and efficient. It is a converted house rather than a purpose built care home, but accessibility was not really an issue. Everywhere was kept clean and tidy.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Likely

I chose Priors Mead for my mother partly because of recommendation by my employers (GP surgery in area) and by friends. In nearly four years I have never regretted this decision as my mother is very happy there and well cared for. The staff are always very friendly and communicate regularly with me about my mother's health and well-being. There seems to be a low turnover of staff which makes for continuity and means that the staff get to know the individual residents well and are, therefore, more able to provide the care they require. The atmosphere in the home is always very happy and homely.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has lived at Priors Mead for nearly three years. She is now 97 years old and is happier and in better health than she has been for years. We made the decision to move Mum from her home of nearly 60 years with extremely heavy hearts but she was not coping, was anxious, unhappy and lonely.
The manager spent time to talk things through with me and reassured me that my Mum would settle. She impressed me that day and continues to enjoy my complete confidence in her commitment, judgement and compassionate care. She leads her team by example and expects her high standards of them.
Mum is stimulated and interested in what happens everyday. She enjoys and takes part in a wide range of activities and entertainment. Above all the whole team at Priors Mead take time to talk to Mum, sharing news of their families and things they have done. She really is part of an extended family and is thriving. We are so grateful to everyone at Priors Mead.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Priors Mead for three years and has been very happy there, in a quiet, pleasant room with an en suite bathroom and views of the North Downs. She enjoys sitting in the conservatory in the winter and in the sheltered garden in the summer. The staff are friendly and caring and it is a small enough establishment to feel more like a boutique hotel. She enjoys the home cooked food and they are quite happy for her to eat her breakfast in her room if she doesn't feel like joining the other residents downstairs. A hairdresser, chiropodist and dentist visit on a regular basis and the staff organise a number of outings and entertainments to keep the residents stimulated. Priors Mead is one of two care homes which are privately owned and the owners visit and check the establishment on a regular basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

It's such a comfort to know that my aunt is being so well looked after and that she is receiving the best care - care that she deserves. She suffers from Dementia but I know that she feels at home now in Priors Mead. A recent stay in hospital confirmed this, she recognised the care home on her return and the lovely carers that look after her.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff at Priors Mead; they are always there to answer any of my questions regarding my aunt's well-being. They genuinely care for their guests and treat them all so well, as I witness every week when I visit my aunt.
They have a great cook too, as confirmed by my family and I on various occasions when we have attended the Priors Mead functions!

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Priors Mead has greatly exceeded expectations. We are very happy with the care my Dad is receiving. The facilities are excellent, and every single one of the staff treat the residents with respect and endless patience.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

I find all the staff friendly and very accommodating towards the needs of my Auntie. The quality of service is exceptional. The home really feels like a home from home. The property is maintained to a very high standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

Priors Mead was as close to home from home as I could find for my Dad. He brought some of his favourite pieces of furniture, his pictures, photo albums, lights etc. in fact he could have brought whatever he wanted as long as it physically fitted into his room. The room was bright and airy, newly decorated for moving in and had a nice outlook where he could watch people coming and going along the road. Dad had dementia but was physically still quite mobile. The staff encouraged him to take part in the in-house activities, though he was more interested in going out on trips and visits or just enjoying the beautiful garden. Dad was always treated with respect and friendliness, despite the fact that I'm sure he was quite difficult and awkward at time. I was always made to feel very welcome when I visited as were his grandchildren and great grandchildren - it didn't feel like a care home - it was just Dad's home. A big thank you to the staff at Prior's Mead.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was cared for at Priors Mead for the last three years of her life, we found the home to be cosy and caring despite my mother's sometimes difficult personality, the staff looked after their residents well and introduced all kinds of experiences to keep them active and alert, they even organised parties for them and their relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Priors Mead Care Home? Extremely Likely

I couldn't be happier that my mother is in a residential home, where all the staff are so caring, everything is done to make the residents feel they are in their own home to the smallest detail. Lots of ideas for entertainments and outings, celebrations. Lots of pampering with hairdressers weekly, everything to make an elderly person, with perhaps physical or memory problems, feel very much alive and enjoying life. Plenty of stimulation for the mind with quizzes and general knowledge crosswords, a lot of care in serving freshly prepared meals on the premises with plenty of variety and imagination and presentation always different depending on the celebration. Lovely parties at Christmas and garden parties in the summer, the house and garden is very nicely kept , constant care and attention. Full care and attention by the staff always monitoring to make sure all is well, the slightest problem of health is dealt with immediately bringing in the local GP's to give treatment and follow up.

Submit a Review for Priors Mead Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Priors Mead Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Priors Mead Care Home