Turners Lane, Whittlesey, Peterborough PE7 1EH
Aliwal Manor is a 32 bedded care home providing person centred care for adults aged 65+, including those living with Dementia.
The home is situated in a small cul-de-sac on Turners Lane, Whittlesey. Although Whittlesey has a railway station, the main station at Peterborough is situated approximately 8 miles from Aliwal Manor Care Centre and can be accessed using the regular bus service.
Aliwal Manor is divided into 4 units over two floors. All rooms are single occupancy, with 2 premier rooms with en-suite facilities.
Each unit has a dining area, lounge and a kitchenette as well as bathrooms, a shower room and toilets throughout the home.
The upper floor of the home is accessed by stairs or lift. All areas of the home are accessible for wheelchair users.
There is a communal lounge where all people can come together in the centre of the home.
Aliwal Manor provides:
• A high standard of care and support 24 hours a day
• A high standard of housekeeping including a laundry service
• Traditional home cooked meals, using fresh ingredients prepared by our dedicated chef
• A warm welcoming environment with a ‘home from home’ atmosphere
• Enclosed, landscaped gardens with wheelchair access
• Long term and respite care provision
• A warm and welcoming environment with a ‘home from home’ atmosphere
• Meaningful and purposeful activities and outings planned through a structured programme following discussions with the people living in the home and their families
Group: Excelcare Holdings
Person in charge: Karen Saberton (Manager)
Local Authority / Social Services: Cambridgeshire County Council (click for contact details)
Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 32 Service Users
Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age
Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's
Admission Information: Ages 65+.
Single Rooms: 32
Rooms with ensuite WC: 2
Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room
Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Aliwal Manor: click here
* Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.
Job Title: Home Manager
Karen became Home Manager at Aliwal Manor in 2010 and has worked in a care setting for over 20 years in various roles including caring for those living with Dementia.
Karen has attained her NVQ level 5 and is an NVQ assessor and internal verifier.
Job Title: Deputy Manager
Andrea became the Deputy Manager in December 2015 and has worked in a care setting for over 12 years, specialising in Palliative Care.
Andrea has worked at Aliwal Manor Care Centre since June 2014 as a Team Leader. Andrea has an NVQ 3 and 4 in Health and Social care and has also completed her level 5 in Leadership and Management.
There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Aliwal Manor